New (to me) m1861 Colt R-M conversion

Started by Cheyenne Logan, September 12, 2024, 11:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheyenne Logan

New to me.....Original 1861 Navy R-M conversion, 38 CF.....serial places it originally being made as a percussion gun in 1868, and it places it in the numbers that were in Colt's inventory that were converted and sold on civilian market.

Bore is SHINEY!!!! chambers are un blemished, smooth patina overall, mechanically sound, good tight lock up.....best part, it's the real deal, and I paid less than what an improper Uberti would cost!!
 ;D  ;D  :o

Cheyenne Logan

Tried to get a photo of bore with phone......

Black River Smith

Very nice condition.  Lucky find and pricing, too.

Keep us informed as you continue to work with it and fire it.
Black River Smith

Marshal Will Wingam

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Abilene

Tuolumne Lawman

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Hair Trigger Jim

Rube Burrows

"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Cheyenne Logan

Thanks.....looking forward to burning some
powder!

Professor Marvel

Greatfind!

One must ask, howver did it survive so nicely?
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

DeaconKC

SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Long Johns Wolf

My congrats!
Is the conversion cylinder embellishded with the Ormsby naval scene?
Long Johns Wolf
BOSS 156, CRR 169 (Hon.), FROCS 2, Henry Board, SCORRS, STORM 229, SV Hofheim 1938, VDW, BDS, SASS

Rube Burrows

Quote from: Professor Marvel on September 12, 2024, 07:06:05 PMGreatfind!

One must ask, howver did it survive so nicely?

Wonder if it's been reblued? I would not care personally cause I am a shooter more than a collector.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Abilene

Quote from: Long Johns Wolf on September 13, 2024, 01:32:28 AMMy congrats!
Is the conversion cylinder embellishded with the Ormsby naval scene?
Long Johns Wolf
I was wondering that as well.  Would love to see more pics of the whole gun.
Cheyenne, what are you going to shoot in it?  Heeled bullets?

Major 2

Quote from: Rube Burrows on September 13, 2024, 10:02:01 AMWonder if it's been reblued? I would not care personally cause I am a shooter more than a collector.

I considered the same thing
when planets align...do the deal !

Cheyenne Logan

Cylinder scene is still there.....I don't think it's been reblued, it's an even, smooth brown color,plan to try both Heeled and HB bullets to see what it prefers.....could clean off the patina, but, nah, she's just great.

Only blemish, the bottom of the backstrap is bent and scratched up...looks like someone was driving nails?  Wish I knew more on it as the bore/chambers are bright and shiny, really nice 🤠 ;D

Rube Burrows

Quote from: Cheyenne Logan on September 13, 2024, 05:36:25 PMCylinder scene is still there.....I don't think it's been reblued, it's an even, smooth brown color,plan to try both Heeled and HB bullets to see what it prefers.....could clean off the patina, but, nah, she's just great.

Only blemish, the bottom of the backstrap is bent and scratched up...looks like someone was driving nails?  Wish I knew more on it as the bore/chambers are bright and shiny, really nice 🤠 ;D

You're a lucky guy to have found such a beauty.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com