REVOLVER

Started by GunClick Rick, September 06, 2024, 03:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

I HAVE AN A. Uberti 44 mag with conversion cylinder it says black powder only can i shoot 45 cal. cowboy loads in it?Has a two piece conversion cylinder
Bunch a ole scudders!

Abilene

Hey Rick, where ya been?  I guess that pistola would be .44 Percussion, not .44 Mag  :D

Do you mean it says black powder only on the barrel?  Because all the percussion guns say that.  Or does the conversion cylinder (or its instructions) say that?  I don't recall if those instructions said "BP Equivalent" loads or if they just say "BP Only" which would mostly be to cover their ass because someone would shoot hot smokeless in it.

I don't have one but have seen a lot of people shoot light smokeless loads through their conversions.  I don't think I'm qualified to say if that's a good idea or not.  I shoot smokeless through a Kirst conversion cylinder but that is a .38 and there's a lot more metal around the chambers.

p.s. Is the dye and soldering iron how you did the grips?  Nice color.

Cap'n Redneck

If by "..an A.Uberti 44 mag" you mean "an A.Uberti .44 percussion" you should be OK feeding it factory cowboy loads with lead bullets, be they smokeless or blackpowder loads.
If reloading your own ammo stay with soft lead bullets sized .451" or .452" propelled at CAS-legal velocities.
If your conversion-cylinder has 6 chambers the cylinder walls will be noticeably thin.
If it has 5 chambers there will be a little more steel to keep the pressure contained...
Anyways I believe most conversion-cylinder manufacturers state that firing anything but factory cowboy loads in their products will void any warranties, so stay safe.
"As long as there's lead in the air, there's still hope..."
Frontiersman & Frontiersman Gunfighter: The only two categories where you can play with your balls and shoot your wad while tweaking the nipples on a pair of 44s.

wildman1

GCR good to see yer still on top of the dirt.
wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Coffinmaker

:) Hey G C R  ;)

Based on what is pictured, you have Reproduction Remington 44 which is actually a 45.  So in keeping with the above theme, you can certainly shoot .45 Cowboy Loads in it as well as most any standard factory 45 Colt.  NOT plus P.

It is NOT a 44 Mag by the way  ::)

45 Dragoon

Yes, what the other Mike says!!

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Hair Trigger Jim

When the two Mikes agree, it must be right!  Or a conspiracy the likes of which has rarely been seen!

Professor Marvel

Quote from: GunClick Rick on September 06, 2024, 03:06:24 PMI HAVE AN A. Uberti 44 mag with conversion cylinder..........

Greetings Rick!

Its been a long time you old scudder!

What the other guys said is dead on. Especially the two mikes.

We are all amused by your "Uberti .44 Mag bp revolver"
If I were a betting man, which I am not, I would bet a nickle that you are using a smart phone
with autocorrect and autofill? The blasted things keep sticking the wrong stuff in and one does not
always notice ....

Yhs
Prof marbles

Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com