September Cawfee,Tea and Autumn approaching

Started by Major E A Sterner, August 31, 2024, 11:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major 2

Currently, we have gray skies, breezy @ 20MPH... I had a patch of blue sky earlier.
Helene is still SW of Tampa and by extension my area.

It seems to elongate out to the North, yesterday it looked W I D E to Bahamas
The storm is ranging North to Ky & Virginia and raining.
when planets align...do the deal !

Major 2

Aunty M Aunty M....

Wind has picked up; we are having strong gusts in the 45-50 range.

The eye is just WNW of Tampa Bay pulling north. we are getting the lower sweep.
 No rain as of now and looks like the rain wall is west of me.

Its MONSTER @ Cat 4 that's 130+ MPH, prayers for Norh Florida & Georga.

Edit: 9 PM update 62 MPH gust just registered minutes ago here.

Silver Creek Slim

Suburban is packed for the IA Muster. Leaving at 0800.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 46 and fog. High of 78 and sunny.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Johnny McCrae

We were very lucky. Just had 40 MPH plus winds and rain. Only one short power outage. Others were not so lucky. Prayers up for those Folks.

Attached is a better picture of Pike's Peak taken yesterday. The plane is a turbo prop. It looks like the prop is not spinning but it is at around 6500 RPM.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Major 2

News coverage said a Gust of 62 MPH just north of my homestead.
But mostly in the 40-45 for several hours, no rain.
That came after the gusts died down around 3 AM.
Its overcast, with a light breeze now.

I was stung by a nest of fire ants when I moved a barn side trash can to a safer anti-missile location.
They had made the nest under it.
I did not know they were on me until the top kick blew his whistle.
They let loose on my right ankle; I HATE those things.

A quick assessment around the property shows some leaves stripped and littered.
Pool has a bucket or two full of same.
There is Maple branch about 3" dia. snapped off about 70 feet from the house.
Otherwise, we were unscathed, Glory to the Lord.
SO many others were not.  :(

Delmonico

Well to make everything more fun I have Covid but am recovering quick.

Rita's service has been canceled to 2 pm Oct 19th.  Everyone involved thought it was a good idea.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Johnny McCrae

Quote from: Delmonico on September 27, 2024, 11:54:54 AMWell to make everything more fun I have Covid but am recovering quick
Get well soon. Glad to hear you are recovering quickly. I had Covid three times. First two times were not fun. Third time was like an average cold.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Major 2

Feel better, Del

I had a bout of Wu Hu Flu in June of 22, kept me out the Museum job several days
and 12 more after for the Gubment enforced incubation period. 

and the again suspected this last July, but the home test was inconclusive.
Because the test itself was outside its shelf life.

Delmonico

Am I the only one that thinks that wing sauce stuff is good on pork?
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Major 2

So called Buffalo Sause? yeah and on grilled shrimp too  :)

The Trinity Kid

Evening all.

Hit 100 here in the Golden State today. Was about all the excitement.

Y'all stay safe back east. I'd recommend an umbrella, but I think the winds might make that difficult.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Delmonico

Quote from: Major 2 on September 27, 2024, 09:08:41 PMSo called Buffalo Sause? yeah and on grilled shrimp too  :)

Beats the heck out of picking almost nothing off a bone or adult chicken nuggets, I recommend thighs or boneless breast if you want it on chicken.  My ex (who is a friend and was a friend of Rita) and I would buy a whole chicken, cut out the thighs and breast and boil the rest for chicken and dumpling and it's cheaper now to buy a bag of the pieces you want than a whole chicken.

Wish I had a fresh pasture raised chicken fresh cut up, don't know if those "Homestead" Yuppies have shotguns but I can't run fast enough to risk it.

Did a Civil War thing at Arbor Lodge one time and my helper and I ran to the settler, on the way back at a stop sign there was a nice Rhode Island Red Roaster er rooster, but couldn't talk him into.  Could have been funny watching a guy in a blue uniform steal your chicken, would have thought Uncle Billy came to town. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Stay safe, pards.

'Tis 60 and mostly clear. High of 84.

Slim

Major 2

Quote from: Delmonico on September 28, 2024, 01:20:34 AMBeats the heck out of picking almost nothing off a bone or adult chicken nuggets, I recommend thighs or boneless breast if you want it on chicken.  My ex (who is a friend and was a friend of Rita) and I would buy a whole chicken, cut out the thighs and breast and boil the rest for chicken and dumpling and it's cheaper now to buy a bag of the pieces you want than a whole chicken.

Wish I had a fresh pasture raised chicken fresh cut up, don't know if those "Homestead" Yuppies have shotguns but I can't run fast enough to risk it.

Did a Civil War thing at Arbor Lodge one time and my helper and I ran to the settler, on the way back at a stop sign there was a nice Rhode Island Red Roaster er rooster, but couldn't talk him into.  Could have been funny watching a guy in a blue uniform steal your chicken, would have thought Uncle Billy came to town. ;D

When I was kid, a long time ago ;D
When Mom oven fried (Her term) a chicken (usually purchased the whole bird but cut up.
I got the wings, My Sister the legs and the folks (Mom, Dad & Grandad) Breasts & thighs.
So, I always like the WINGS.
If I asked for another wing, I was informed (by Mom) Chickens only have two wings!

No real reason to tell you that, except I do still like the wings:)

Course now days I can buy package wings, or go to a Wing House (Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings & such). 
Buy at my Super Market fresh and make my own. Or I buy them pre-cooked @ Deli Dept.at same store ready to serve, Plain, breaded, hot sauce or Jerked mojo or calypso sauce.
I'm partial to the Jerked mojo.

Safe to say, I like wings just anyway they are served.
Funny thing though, so does my future son in law, so the Wife buys just wings for us
and Legs & Thighs for Her & my daughter, when we have a get together with chicken on the table.

Major 2

That downed branch I spoke of, after close-up inspection and cutting for hauling, turned out to be the top of the tree itself.
So, the once 32' tree is now 20' or some less.  :-\
No mater, its trash now to be hauled off.

So many others are in dire condition and lives loss is incomprehensible.

Delmonico

Quote from: Major 2 on September 28, 2024, 08:30:20 AMWhen I was kid, a long time ago ;D
When Mom oven fried (Her term) a chicken (usually purchased the whole bird but cut up.
I got the wings, My Sister the legs and the folks (Mom, Dad & Grandad) Breasts & thighs.
So, I always like the WINGS.
If I asked for another wing, I was informed (by Mom) Chickens only have two wings!

No real reason to tell you that, except I do still like the wings:)

Course now days I can buy package wings, or go to a Wing House (Hooters or Buffalo Wild Wings & such). 
Buy at my Super Market fresh and make my own. Or I buy them pre-cooked @ Deli Dept.at same store ready to serve, Plain, breaded, hot sauce or Jerked mojo or calypso sauce.
I'm partial to the Jerked mojo.

Safe to say, I like wings just anyway they are served.
Funny thing though, so does my future son in law, so the Wife buys just wings for us
and Legs & Thighs for Her & my daughter, when we have a get together with chicken on the table.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

pony express

Arrived home from the Iowa Muster at 11PM. Fun was had by all. Weather was great.

I never cared for wings, buffalo or otherwise, if left up to me, they would be thrown in with the backs and necks to boil for broth, but the kids seem to like them.

Mogorilla

I like them all and my family has a spicy bbq chicken that uses a carolina sauce.  We cooked all the bird and the way my dad cooked the backs, they were the spiciest pieces and fought over.  Earliest memory is being ~3-3.5 years old having eaten the chicken and finding it cool my lips still burned.  That was 55 years ago and I just cooked it in August for my birthday backs and all.  Even used the pan to brong it in from the grill that my dad always used.  Good times.

Major 2

Those old stories are gold, and fun to listen to.
 My Dad was partial to the back as well. He said "when he was kid after the bird parts
were claimed by the older folk and his older brother, the back was the only thing left."
I suppose that was the way it was for most growing up  :-\
He also like Collards, Kale and Turnip Greens and such which I did not.
In fact, like most kids often do I turned most vegetables down back then.
But I wised up and thankfully I have a fully veggie pallet  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com