September Cawfee,Tea and Autumn approaching

Started by Major E A Sterner, August 31, 2024, 11:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hair Trigger Jim

"Like" for Johnny's post, and two more for Trinity and Slim.

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Major 2 on September 21, 2024, 08:37:31 AMcool photos to follow  ;) 
I forgot to take pictures.  :-[
But, we had fun though it was a little too warm. Shot most of my double-action revolvers and two 1911's.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

DeaconKC

Like buttons all around to you guys! Hoping the move goes okay Del, TK hope you fill your freezer. Took the Tisas Mud Puppy into work today and the guys who had seen it before liked how it turned out. And my Razorbacks beat Auburn today!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Major E A Sterner

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

Going to Green Bay after church to look at a truck for Micah.

'Tis 50 and rain. "Cooler. Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Highs in the upper 60s. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

The Trinity Kid

Evening all.

Reloading and hunting took a bit of a turn. Couldn't find my large rifle primers, so no rifle rounds were loaded. So instead I loaded some 44 magnum and took the Blackhawk for a walk instead. 20.5gr of H110, 225gr Barnes XPB bullets, Starline once fired cases and Federal magnum primers. Didn't get any deer, but did get a couple squirrels (one went to my dog, and the other into a stew).  Of course, I found my rifle primers when I got home. Who's bright idea was it to put them in the garage with my box of brass ::)

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Major 2

A wise man once said to himself ... "self, they are always the LAST place you looked"

To which I counter to himself " of course, it is an ID 10 T that continues looking once that last place was located"

Or, the surest way to find something lost, is to replace it  ::) 

Coffee is on....
when planets align...do the deal !

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks for the coffee.

We were inform the truck was sold before we left church. So, the hunt is still on.

'Tis 38 and sunny. High of 66 and mostly sunny.

Slim

Delmonico

Went and looked at my new apartment, bigger than I expected which is nice. Dog goes to vet to get updates, $10 a year for the dog in the village of Cook. A lot cheaper than Lincoln.

The lady has to crunch my income and find the exact rent.  Max will be $585 a month, garbage, water and sewer plus stove, refrigerator and dish washer also included.  50 cents a load to wash, 75 cents to dry.   

Only place to eat besides home is the bar in what was Pratt's Grocery and Feed store.  They closed the alley way between the two buildings but remember hauling eggs and cream in the back of a maroon 49 Plymouth.  Last time I ate there it was called the yacht club.   

Right behind the Lutheran Church, basement door on the south side is always unlocked in case of tornado. A lot of the townsfolk that are retired go to the community center in the morning for coffee, the café they used to go to is closed.  No Gas or Groceries in town but about 10 miles north or south will get them.  Oldest daughter say's she will get me once a month to go to Lincoln.  Will just use that for stuff I can't get in Tecumseh, the manager of the Central Market is a younger cousin.

We moved from the area when I was less than a year old but it's like going home after 67 years.  Spent a lot of time in the summer and on weekends there.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

DeaconKC

Ah LadyC made it home today from her "hunting" trip with her buddy to Branson for Attack Shopping. Place feels complete again. Looks like we are gonna try a new guy out at work on Saturday, hopefully will work out. Crud, it is hard to find decent help anymore! You guys take care.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and tea are ready.

'Tis 41 and fog. High of 68 and partly cloudy.

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com