September Cawfee,Tea and Autumn approaching

Started by Major E A Sterner, August 31, 2024, 11:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Quote from: Major 2 on September 04, 2024, 09:19:50 AMYearly eyeballs check @ 1:30 today, just something "They" want you to do...

Probably, get takeout after for an early evening repass, unless it's too bright on dilated eyes.

update: eyes check out fine, no issues... Dealing with the dilated eyes ::)

Went to Willy's for hotdogs ( Da best Chicago Dog ! ) Lightyears ahead of Portillo's 

I took a bite before the photo  :D

I told you the other day if it's rolled in sheep gut it's better and don't need all the other stuff, just a little mustard. ;D

Doing OK,
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Major 2

I know just mustard * , but I do like the toppings and yeah, the dogs are natural cased...
* never ever ketchup on a dog ! just isn't American.

So glad you are doing OK....call if/and when you feel like it.
when planets align...do the deal !

Mogorilla

While i spent quite a few years in Illinois, never liked all the toppings on a chicago dog.  Love the poppy seed bun though.   Just made an experimental batch of mustard last night.  I have made my own dijon and hot versions for several years.  New batch uses hard cider instead of white wine and apple cider vinegar instead of white wine vinegar.  Get to try it in two weeks.  Will let you know if I canned four jars destined for the bin or brats. 

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

'Tis 45 and partly cloudy. "Cooler. Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Highs in the middle 60s. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Major 2

Willy's in Kissimmee is standalone store front, owned & run by Willy himself.
I discovered the place, years ago when he was in a hole in the wall shop across the street from his current location, adjacent to the Amtrac Station.
Other than a place in Hollandale, Fl, and a foot long dog place I frequented in Miami Beach.
Both probably long gone, these were my haunts as a kid. But I remember them well.
I'll give honorable mention to the Varsity in Hot 'Lanta though, and a little joint in St, Cloud called Mutt's (see attached menu for Mutt's)

Anyway, here is Willy's menu he offers naked dogs for the purest (just add your mustard)
My fav is his Chicago dog, but the Bacon ones are solid second.

I've tried hotdog's elsewhere in my quest...they are out there !

I was greatly disappointed in Portello's.

Delmonico

Quote from: Major 2 on September 06, 2024, 03:58:19 AMI know just mustard * , but I do like the toppings and yeah, the dogs are natural cased...
* never ever ketchup on a dog ! just isn't American.

So glad you are doing OK....call if/and when you feel like it.

I will, been so busy on the phone. 

Service is going to be the 28th of Sept at 3 pm.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Afternoon y'all.
Got the lane mowed. Had to get a new battery for the tractor for $200.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Johnny McCrae

I spent the afternoon setting up a new computer and couldn't get the wireless mouse and keyboard to work. Finally afer much cussing and frustration, I decided to check that I had the batteries for the mouse and keyboard installed corrctly. The batteries (one AA & one AAA) were installed correctly but in my rush to get the unit set up, I forgot to take the protective plastic wrap off of the batteries. Works fine now.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Afternoon, y'all.

Birthday party for Esther, today. She turned 22 yesterday.

'Tis 67 and sunny. High of 74.

Slim

Major 2

Did NADA all day, watched some old Bruce Brown Documentary on the 1st Baja 1000.

Bruce Brown think "Endless Summer" (surfing) and "On Any Sunday" (motorcycles)
He was like a God to my teen surfing years it was a right of passing the teen and mid 20's years...

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 52 and sunny. High of 81.

Slim

Delmonico

Have heard of families fighting over funerals, never seen it.  The two problems were told by multiple people to back off and have.  Crazy people should be locked up and not allowed to wander around with semi-normal folks and cause problems.

I've got it all taken care of.

What ever name you call it will be the 28th of Sept at 3pm the church we were married at.  Despite wanting cremated she also wanted a traditional funeral at the church and she called it a funeral which I will. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 45 and cloudy with some fog. "Partly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

DeaconKC

Started off today with a trip to the dentist. Good report there, so had some lunch and took a nap when I got home. Beautiful day here, perfect for driving with the windows down. Back to work tomorrow. Y'all have a good day.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Delmonico

Met with the pastor today, nice guy, I like him.

The kids have been a bit help, basically they took over and it's mostly sign here, fill this out. A lot of stuff, to go through.  I didn't realize till they kind of take over that as adults and not being a legal care taker the med bills are in one name or the other and the spouse is not obligated to pay the bills the left.  A copy of the death certificate will due. 

I signed and filled out a big stack of papers today.  An one person old people apt is opening in early Oct in Cook Nebraska and I apply for it, my Dad's hometown, about 10 miles from my youngest, in fact she is going to pass here EMT test and be on that crew because their town is to small for a rescue squad. 

Gopher Grease is trying to buy a house there because it's closer to work, than where he is at.  Would work well, our farm is only about 5 miles away but promised the kids and my mom I would not go to the farm by myself, LOL and they have spies on the hill to the east and west. ::)  ;D  ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The Trinity Kid

Evening all.

Currently in Montana, paying Uncle Sam my dues. Head home Thursday, and Friday go right back to work for Uncle Sam, just in a different hat.

Y'all take care.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Professor Marvel

My dear Del

Could gopher grease perhaps live on the farm?
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 52 and partly cloudy with some fog. High of 83 and partly cloudy.

Slim

Major 2

Quote from: Professor Marvel on September 10, 2024, 09:50:22 PMMy dear Del

Could gopher grease perhaps live on the farm?

That is a pretty cool idea, besides I like to see photos of the place. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com