CCW What to you like to carry?

Started by Major 2, August 09, 2024, 08:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major 2

Over the years I've packed a few different pieces...S&W J frame Revolver, Beretta 950s, Sig 365
Even a Armi-Galesi-Brevetto in 25cal.
I prefer pocket carry, none of the IWB are anyway comfortable for me, nor is ankle carry.
OWB is OK for camping or hiking, but I find I'm doing that way less and less anymore  :(
not to mention Florida is not an open carry state (except Hunting, Camping or Fishing) No mention of hiking legality either.

So, I now pocket carry the S&W 642, (the Mod. 36 before that) the Taurus is carried in my road Hazzard kit.
The Springfield EMP is carried in a Flap Holster (IF) in the wood's duty and the 642 still in my pocket.
when planets align...do the deal !

Coffinmaker

:) Hy ya Maj 2  ;)

Personally, I'm what I consider to be "Old School."  I prefer to carry in a traditional Holster OWB and my preferred (only) carry is a Commander 1911 platform.

I do admit though, I have an Itch for a Springfield EMP, were if it were only offered as a .45.

Major 2

I also qualify as old school, carrying a revolver.
I went with a SIG 365 for a while, but it had a flaw, had penchant to shear firing pins. (twice)
So, I got it repaired and consigned it.
I purchased the S&W 642 (lighter and DA only)

The EMP is in 9MM and I looked at a new Rock Island Officer in 45 Cal.
But the EMP was on consignment in 2020 at my friends LGS and the OP accepted my offer.
So, it came home.
I have full size 1911's, but I have not CCW any of them.

DeaconKC

My always gun is a Kahr CT 380 in pocket carry. If IWB a Sig P239 in .40, when OWB either a Sig 229 in .40 or a S&W Scandium Commander in .45ACP.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Marshal Halloway

For the last couple of years my choice is the Glock 48 or Ruger LCR. If I can't conceal my OWB, I carry the Glock in a belly band and the LCR in my pocket.
Editor & Webmaster of CAScity.com
Director - Digital Video Division - Outdoor Sportsman Group (OSG).
Digital Video Production & Post Production OSG
Owner of Down Range Media GP

pinto beans

Being an old stick in the mud a vintage Colt police positive special in 38 special carried in a simply rugged silver dollar pancake holster.  A much enjoyed revolver!!

P.B.

Abilene

A couple of Keltecs, a P32 32acp in ankle or pocket holster.  And a P11 9mm usually IWB with the belt clip. Both have had the slides hard chromed. I've thought about upgrading the .32 to a Keltec or Ruger .380 because they are about the same size.  I got the P32 when they first came out, long before the .380's got small.  More recently I've started carrying a Glock 19 inherited from a brother.  That is in a leather holster on the hip, when I wear an open Hawaiian shirt over a tank top.  Or under a jacket, but that doesn't happen much in Texas.  I will open carry only when I'm walking late at night in the neighborhood.  I'm wearing a flashing red light on my cap, too, so people will know I want to be seen and am not up to mischief  :) .  We can open carry here, but I don't in public.  Oh, and occasionally my 44 Special Thunderer when I'm walking at night.

Major 2

Quote from: pinto beans on August 09, 2024, 05:44:26 PMBeing an old stick in the mud a vintage Colt police positive special in 38 special carried in a simply rugged silver dollar pancake holster.  A much enjoyed revolver!!

P.B.

Sweet ! when was it made? 

Mine was 1919 chambered in 38 (S&W),
it was the duty side arm of  Bill Stackhouse of the Cincinatti Motor patrol.
Photo taken in 1932 with his Indian, note the Colt and holster.

pinto beans

"Sweet ! when was it made? "

According to the S/N it lists 1913 on the research data.  I have run it more than once just to be sure.  Old thing is still tight as can be and for its age isn't a bad looking revolver.  Not my only Colt but maybe my favorite!!   ;D

Baltimore Ed

I pocket carry a J frame or a Colt Mustang. Both are lightweights. Currently using the Mustang. My open carry would be a 1911 or 625 Smith.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Major 2

There is Law suit filed against the State by some group... challenging Florida Law banning open carry.
Which is strange because Florida is called the Gun Shine State.
Gov. Desantis signed in to law last year, allowing permit-less conceal carry.
  In Florida you can still get a permit or not and legally carry concealed.
You can open carry IF you are Hunting, Fishing or Camping.
There some dude on U-tube pushing that on video...
He open carries a Glock OWB and an AR style rifle across his chest...and he has a fishing pole the videos are baiting for reactions and cop encounters... ::)

Personally, I doubt I'd ever want to open carry advertising myself

Baltimore Ed

I think that they should have to either have a fish on the line, the baited line in fishable waters [ie a canal, lake or ocean, not a sewer] or be in a boat on those fishable waters [not a sewer] for that law to apply but then I'm not a nutzy Florida lawmaker. What do I know?
"Give'em hell, Pike"
There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Major 2

The laws allow for open carry to and from Camping Fishing & Hunting.
Florida Statute 790.25 (h)
 A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;

That wording really stretches the intent. for example, what if I'm just hunting for a place to camp & fish  ???

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2024/08/07/florida-open-carry-ban-challenged-in-court-by-2nd-amendment-groups/74703126007/

It's really moot though, the baddies are armed to the teeth, and care zip for the law....

Course we have Grady Judd (near by Polk Co.) and a few of other likeminded Sheriff's

Rye Miles

Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

Major E A Sterner

Back before I ruined my back,I was Old school, My CCW were a Colt's 1911 .45 a.c.p., A Browning HiPower 9mm, a S&W Model 19 2&1/2 or 4 inch .357. Now I carry a Ruger SR-9c or a S&W 342 Ti J frame.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

DeaconKC

Spent this last weekend in Texas at a game convention. Just had my faithful Kahr CT380 in my front pocket, it was invisible, and I didn't upset anyone.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

The Trinity Kid

I've cycled through a few the past couple years. Started the journey with a Commander 1911, then migrated to a Glock 27, then Glock 43. Then I went to a KelTec P32, then an Original Charter Undercover 38(with hammer). Then a Ruger Max-9, a 9mm 1911 Officer, S&W 686, and back to the Charter.

I'm thinking the next one will be a DA/SA autoloader of some flavor.
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

GunClick Rick

Quote from: Major 2 on August 10, 2024, 11:59:28 AMThere is Law suit filed against the State by some group... challenging Florida Law banning open carry.
Which is strange because Florida is called the Gun Shine State.
Gov. Desantis signed in to law last year, allowing permit-less conceal carry.
  In Florida you can still get a permit or not and legally carry concealed.
You can open carry IF you are Hunting, Fishing or Camping.
There some dude on U-tube pushing that on video...
He open carries a Glock OWB and an AR style rifle across his chest...and he has a fishing pole the videos are baiting for reactions and cop encounters... ::)

Personally, I doubt I'd ever want to open carry advertising myself

Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

i think it is abuse to the second Amendment, Florida is a constitutional carry state now,but i don't want the bad guys knowing where my gun is.this is just stupid Get bite then he robs you of your guns,you gonna reel it in or shoot,if your gonna shoot don't fish! TUCO!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Major 2

Quote from: GunClick Rick on September 06, 2024, 03:30:30 PMi think it is abuse to the second Amendment, Florida is a constitutional carry state now,but i don't want the bad guys knowing where my gun is.this is just stupid Get bite then he robs you of your guns,you gonna reel it in or shoot,if your gonna shoot don't fish! TUCO!

HUH!  "I don't want the bad guys knowing where my gun is. this is just stupid Get bite then he robs you of your guns"

Is that a Typo? Please explain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com