Krags from CMP

Started by Niederlander, August 02, 2024, 04:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niederlander

Gentlemen, Just got an e-mail that CMP has some Krags again.  They look pretty rough/goofed up, and they're overpriced, but they've got some.
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Major 2

I checked it out on TheCMP.org. they have a cap @ near 800 across the 3 stores.
I watched video and could see a rack of full rifles (no shorts) reasonably well.

DESCRIPTION   PRICE from the internet post

RKRAGX   Rifles may have pitting uneven finish often with little or no original finish remaining. Stocks may exhibit cracks, dents and gouges. The rifles may have dark and pitted bores. These rifles have been checked with a FIELD gauge and function fired.     $1350.00

RKRAGXCHR   Rifles will be finished in chrome or non traditional finish. Stocks may be painted, stained or unfinished. The bores may be dark or pitted. Many rifles will have damaged front sights. These rifles have been checked with a FIELD gauge and function fired.     $1200.00

RKRAGXSHORT   Rifles have had barrels cut to a shorter length but are not CARBINES. Finish on these rifles will generally be worn and show pitting and may be chrome or other non traditional finish. Barrels may be dark and pitted with variation in the muzzle crown and front sight. These rifles have been checked with a FIELD gauge and function fired. These rifles may have a chrome finish.   $1200.00

I'd sure like to go and gaze the racks, but at the prices I'm afraid I'd have to come away empty.  :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

Snake Oil

Mine was way under priced at the muster...

I think it would be neat to have one from the CMP, but at those prices, that would be an expensive certificate (or maybe it is the case that is so expensive)!
A day shooting is good for what ails ya!

Baltimore Ed

Pricey for a banged up krag.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com