The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

pony express

Been busy here catching up on "deferred maintenance" and other neglected/forgotten projects since retiring. Rebuilt a bunch of fence, still got a lot to do. I know-that should be a project for cooler months, but .... I didn't retire until the cool months were over. Still waiting for the Diesel shop to get through rebuilding the injector pump for my big tractor-it went out right after I retired. Lots of other things still to do, re-fixing all the stuff I didn't have time to fix right, back when I was working.

Major 2

Quote from: DeaconKC on August 08, 2024, 12:13:17 PM
Major, praying for your Missus.
Del, praying for your AC fix.

Thanks, it worked .... not covid for the second girl, so "SHE" still may still is a go Saturday.

when planets align...do the deal !

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

Cool front came thru last evening.

'Tis 54 and cloudy. "Partly sunny. A slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Northwest wind 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Delmonico

Air got fixed yesterday.

Needed freon.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

The Trinity Kid

Greetings all. Long time, no see :o

Been doing a good impression of the proverbial headless chicken of late. Seems I went and made myself somewhat important at work, and now they won't let go of me. Done 350 hours of overtime since March, which doesn't include my hour long commute each way to work.

Just got home from dealing with the Park fire for almost 2 weeks. We weren't technically assigned to the fire, but instead were covering the local response area for the engines out of Chester. But we still got our fair share of fire time. On the 30th, we had a hairy situation that almost turned my crew into charcoal. I ended up with a first degree burn on my neck and face, which fortunately didn't require significant medical attention (the line medic slathered me up with aloe gel and that was it). Wreaked havoc on my mustache though.

I took a few days off from work now that I'm home, and me and the Mrs are going to the coast for the weekend. Going to visit the Trees of Mystery in the Redwood State Park, and spend some time combing the beach for whatever can be combed from the beach.

Y'all keep the greasy side of the wagon down,

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Major 2

I've often thought you were working the fires...I figured you were and too busy to chime in here.
Glad to see you back, and aside from a toasting you were unharmed.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

Monthly systems outage today. Going to verk in a bit.

'Tis 52 and sunny. High of 71 and partly cloudy.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Major 2

"SHE" is over in Well worn (Melbourne) with her sister for the weekend...

I'm left to my own devises  ;D 
I harvested 6 jalapenos off my plants and made cream cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped Texas twinkles.
"SHE" has a bovine fit when I make them cause. "SHE" thinks they are bad juju....
I think in moderation and besides jalapeno peppers are a vegetable of sort.
Oh ! and I did calypso jerk sauce & rosemary baked wings... 

"SHE" won't eat those either  ::) 

Hair Trigger Jim

Stopped in late this afternoon at a small gun show here in northeast Nebraska.  Talked from about closing time to about 15 minutes after closing with a pleasant gentleman who had a bunch of antique rifles and ammo.  We had a nice chat.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

The systems outage went without issues.

Replaced a couple more deck boards.

'Tis 52 and sunny. High of 77 and sunny.

Slim

Major 2

Instant oatmeal with my coffee this morning.
Just Nuke some water, stir in a pat of "I can't believe it's not butter"  ???

Actually, with just hint of any imagination, it is easy to believe it's not butter!
So, I went back and hit the stash of "HER" baking supplies, which she cloisters away in the NO MANS Land
area of the fridge...
Well, I told you she was not home  ;D  moo haha

Delmonico

So glad our cholesterol and sodium is not a problem.  Need to be sorta careful on the sugar. 

We both have some sort of cold, not bad, but annoying.  Could be we don't know and don't care if it's the election flu.  If it gets worse we'll go in.  My Dr has a 7am-8pm walk in everyday including holidays.  Takes my insurance, hers don't so she'd have to go to the ER with the unwashed masses.  Nice thing about this whole mess is we almost always go right in do to the heart or cancer problems.  Our hospital has 50 ER rooms and the west campus does also.

Working on pictures mostly.  Got hers off her phone in a "lost" file. ::)   I'm working on food pictures, want to get them so I can find quick using them for docs, rid of the duplicates.  Keeping merged ones for later use. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

DeaconKC

Good afternoon all. Had good services at Church today, I taught the Men's and Ladies' Sunday School this morning, that's always a bit different. Had our Afternoon Service at 1PM, that's nice cause then we are finished for the day. A nap and now some coffee. Back to work tomorrow, I missed last week due to taking a fall Monday, landed on the soft part of my Right Knee on concrete. Hint, don't do that, trust me. Anyway the bruising is now shifting from deep purple to that greenish color. Goes all the way round the knee and about 12" above and below. Only got to 84 today, but can feel the rain getting ready to head in. Y'all be good.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Major E A Sterner

Had a beautiful mid 70's summer day with a warm breeze here today. I mowed my lawn and picked up some of the limbs that came down from the remnants of Debbie, spent the rest of the day relaxing trying to get my back straightened out.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 51 and sunny. "Mostly sunny. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 80. Light and variable wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

The Trinity Kid

Morning all.

The site got a facelift it seems. Had to do some digging to find my login information  ::)

I'm off to the metropolis of Alturas, Ca in about an hour. Seems they sent all their fire engines to the Boise fire to our west, so now they need people to cover their forest to the east. One would think that it would be easier to skip the middle man and just send us to the Boise, but maybe im thinking too hard.

Anyway, bacon and coffee are up. Y'all dig in.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

DeaconKC

Well it hit 103 here today, yeesh. A couple more days of this, so hanging out in the AC. Work tomorrow, glad the Boss keeps the place comfortable. Starting the builds on a couple of AR lowers, just to annoy the Communists.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com