Cawfee,Tea and Hot August nights

Started by Major E A Sterner, July 31, 2024, 11:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mogorilla

Delmonico

My desk, got some more work to do need get the cable for the 3rd monitor. 

Junk mail catalog for a big coaster, flip pages to clean it. by the time it's used up another dozen will come.

Spiral note pad for mouse pad, grap pencil and write notes and flip pages till I need a new on, got several around here.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

Working on deck and change oil in Suburban this morning. Working security at church for a funeral in the afternoon.

'Tis 71 and sunny. High of 87 and sunny.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Major 2

We are getting Light rain showers and 11 MPH breezes from the out flow now.
There was short heavy rain about noon that pasted through my Hood, off and on showers since then.
The storm, still Tropical Depression # 4, but expected to upgrade into Tropical Storm Debby tonight.
The good news for us is, its swinging a bit further west, which means the impact here is lessened.
It's expected to bring heavy rainfall to Fla., Ga.  South & North Carolina through Wednesday.
Just when it might strengthen to a hurricane is still unknown.  :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

Silver Creek Slim

Micah changed the oil and filter.
I finished the deck.
BTW, Micah turned 19 years old, today. Birthday party at 1800. Y'all are invited.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Major 2

Tropical Storm Debby was named at 5PM this afternoon.
Now on track to become Category 1 Hurricane Debby near the Big Bend before landfall.
We'll get LOTS of rain but dodge the cone of damaging winds though tornado warnings are posted.

DeaconKC

Evening all. Quiet day today at the LGS, I did pick up a very clean Ruger Mini-30 today. Gonna go over my lesson for Sunday School tomorrow and call it a night. Y'all be good and Slim wish Micah a Happy Birthday from here.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 65 and sprinkling. "Humid. Partly sunny with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the middle 80s. Light and variable wind. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

Major 2

Thanks for the coffee,
Calm before the storm, was just partly cloudy at sunrise, 83° currently.
Debby has not completely turned north, so its further west off the coast in the Gulf.
Still on track to landfall in the Big Bend area, and move over south Georga and in the Atlantic as a Cat. 1
Hurricane.
Other than a rain event I expect little disruption.
NCOWs pards in SC and Baltimore Ed are in the cone though :( wishing them good luck.

Johnny McCrae

Quote from: Major 2 on August 04, 2024, 08:42:54 AM
Other than a rain event I expect little disruption.
NCOWs pards in SC and Baltimore Ed are in the cone though :( wishing them good luck.
Our home is just east of Tampa. We are getting intermittent rain and wind but we shouid be Ok.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

Rained overnight. Field ditches are over full.

'Tis 53 and cloudy. "Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers in the morning  then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Northeast wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim

Major 2

The storm did intensify to 90 MPH @ landfall.
Light impact here although we did see some minor gusts, still a little breezy @ 12 to 18 mph
Rain amounts 1.32 inches in the county, with no standing water at my place.
It pales to what's happening up in west upper State and GA. & S. Carolina.  :(
Record-setting rain up there is causing flash flooding, with up to 30 inches of rain and it still falling.

DeaconKC

Morning all, hope everyone stays safe in all this. Hit 101 yesterday and supposed to be hotter today, then moderating a bit for a few days. The Missus will be home from her trip tomorrow afternoon/evening, this house is sure quiet when she's gone.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Delmonico

Supposed to hit 80 today. 

Dr appointment at 20.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 52 and partly cloudy. High of 76 and mostly sunny.

Slim

DeaconKC

Howdy folks, Still sunny here, hit 99 yesterday, supposed to be between 88 and 85 today. Huh? Anyway cooling towards the weekend with rain coming in too. Hope y'all have a great day and pray for those getting clobbered by these storms.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 58 and partly sunny. "Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs in the middle 70s. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim

DeaconKC

Good morning everyone. The Missus got in last night from her trip to Virginia. Her and the girls had a good time with safe travels and she brought me a new ballcap! 78 here right now, only supposed to be 88 today! Woohoo! Our hummingbird feeders are really busy lately, we have about 7-8 different ones hanging around a lot of the day. Y'all take care and God bless.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Major 2

Wife's plan may be dashed,
She was going to travel across State tomorrow to see her sister for the weekend.
However, someone at work posted positive for covid and then another is having symptoms. :-\
So now "SHE" will need to cover.

Delmonico

Air is on the fritz, went out last night, guy came our right away, needs freon so waiting for HVAC guy. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com