Cawfee,Tea and Hot August nights

Started by Major E A Sterner, July 31, 2024, 11:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Quote from: Major 2 on August 24, 2024, 08:38:59 AMIt's a small thing, but today I'm headed out to on a Hotdog quest.
Chicago style, and Root Beer.
  Portillo's recently open a Kissimmee location.
It has been on my must do list since they opened 

Should stop out here and get some local made on that are good on a plain bun with mustard, you don't have to hide them. ;D   Always tell that to lost Chicagoians who complain we ain't got no Chicago place. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Major 2

Well, here is the scoop...Portillo's isn't up to the hype  ::)
I'd give it 5 on 1-10 scale. eh? maybe 4, considering the fact the dog was bearly lukewarm at best... even though they are made to order with fresh poppy seed buns and fresh veg's.
even moderately HOT they weren't :( The onion rings?  ::) I've had way better

Hey Coffinmaker. I suggest we do Willy's in-town again rather than Portillo's when you come back down. Having scouted Portillo's I probably won't go again.
Willy's is a solid 8 on the scale....

The quest continues for a # 10-hotdog establishment. 
when planets align...do the deal !

DeaconKC

Either way, looking forward to seeing you guys in October!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

'Tis 62 and sunny. "Humid. Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Heat indices to 96."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Johnny McCrae

Quote from: Major 2 on August 24, 2024, 02:41:37 PMWell, here is the scoop...Portillo's isn't up to the hype
I've been to a Portillo'a in Wisconson several years ago. It was not a good experience and I never would go back. It's highly overated IMHO.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Delmonico

You seekers of hot dogs just need to come here, we'll cruise around all day from town to town, pick up some buns and mustard 'cause that is all you need.  We'll go to our farm, build a fire of good hard wood and I'll let you cut a stick. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Major 2

Major 2

Left to My Own Devices this week, "SHE" is away till Monday week....
What will I do? Hmmm... no! really, what in fact will I do ?  :-\

Prolly, make some Jalapeno Texas Twinkies  :) and ummmmmmmmmm!  ???

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 71 and cloudy. "Hot and humid. Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Heat indices to 106."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

DeaconKC

Hit 100 again today, supposed to stay hot far another few days, then start cooling off to normal temperatures. Worked today, it's really nice having a job I truly enjoy.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 68 and cloudy. "Very warm and humid. Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may be severe in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent. Heat indices to 97."

Slim

Delmonico

Cooling off here, supposed to be lower 90's. 

Had a wreck last night, was out with the dog and was sitting in the lawn chair when poof, I was trapped, could not get my phone and didn't want to yell at mid-night.  Beat on the side of the trailer, she came out, nope, she took dog in and brought out the walker, nope, then she brought the butcher knife and I cut the front nylon with out changing my voice and pulled it apart.  Got out, legs are not strong anymore, that sepsis in my back kind of did that in. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The Trinity Kid

Evening all.

Been busy out here. Had a fire Wednesday, which has occupied our time since. Finally called it controlled today. The first two days I pumped over 25,000 gallons of water for it. All that for 3 acres, started by logging equipment.

—TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 63 and overcast. High of 73 and mostly cloudy.

Slim

pony express

The wet summer continues here. MUST be due to global warming. Tried to finish mowing before the rain started, got 2 rounds around the front yard before the barely sprinkle became a downpour.

Had my big tractor (AKA "Big Alice" the Allis Chalmers 190XT) running again yesterday. Been down over 2 months, had the injector pump and injectors rebuilt ($$$$$ and 6 weeks in the rebuild shop). Still have a few pieces to get bolted back on, but it's almost there.

Delmonico

Took Rita for an MRI today.

Recovered from the chair disaster.

Not much else, leftovers for supper for me, she's ordering delivery pizza.  As bad as places are lately I prefer my own leftovers to even mid price places Can't see paying to much for crappy food.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 59 and overcast. High of 77 and humid.

Slim

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Hair Trigger Jim

pony express

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com