July Cawfee,Tea and rockets red glare!

Started by Major E A Sterner, June 30, 2024, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hair Trigger Jim

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

Thanks, pards.

On the agenda for today: change oil in Avalanche, fix deck where it has pulled away from the house, work on holster for S&W 66.

'Tis 60 and sunny. High of 81 and partly sunny.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Delmonico

Not much going on here.  Decided to wait till tomorrow to get some supplies.  Don't really need but Hy-Vee has a BOGO sale with some stuff we use.  Made a pasta casserole thing with mostly odds and ends yesterrday in the 7 quart inside oven.  Need to bag, mark and freeze.  Got at least a couple weeks of frozen homemade meals in the freezer.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

DeaconKC

Howdy folks, was busy at the LGS today, there were just two of us and we were hopping all day. Had a good week this week. Picked up the Missus' 40th Anniversary gift this week, had her wedding diamond remounted into a new band that she picked up and is thrilled with it. Yesterday a friend helped me with a Stoeger shotgun, showing me several tricks to smooth it up, a really nice couple of hours. Temps have finally gotten back to normal, running in the upper 80s and not as humid.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

Got the oil changed. A good start on the deck. Need to get some 3" lag bolts.
Went and got treated lumber, toilet, range hood, and new TV. Can't get a non-smart TV anymore.

'Tis 64 and overcast. "Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog in the morning. Haze. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Major 2

Went and got my second of 4th a year haircut, had a coupon.
It's some ridicules the cost, VS what little hair I have left.  ::)
So, I fight back with just 4 visits yearly and the coupon which saves me $6 (course I still tip the girl)
Gas was down a bit, so I filled up.  A nap was in order!

This morning, I chained saw a couple of branches hanging over my driveway. They were nearly reaching the SUV's as you drove down and out. (or IN).
One has to work early before the sun gets to mid-morning, reached 97° yesterday.

when planets align...do the deal !

Johnny McCrae

Quote from: Major 2 on July 21, 2024, 08:12:03 AM
Went and got my second of 4th a year haircut
I get a haircut once a year. The Boss is not happy with my long hair. She says I look like an old hippy.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

DeaconKC

My Missus started cutting my hair during the China Flu Lockdown and still does it and does a fine job too.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Silver Creek Slim

Got the new toilet in this afternoon.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 55 and sunny. High of 80 and mostly sunny.

Slim

Professor Marvel

Regarding haircuts.... For nearly 15 years I did not cut my hair, either tied it up in a ponytail with leather thongs or asked SWMBO to braid it for special events, usually special dinners, powows, etc.

Then in 2006 while working on the New Mexico house I had some close calls with ladders and power tools and gave myself a buzz cut.

It was oddly.... Refreshing.

Since them I followed youtoob directions to cut it myself when it began to irritate me. In prior times that was "overheating" or scratchy on the neck, but these days it gets cut whenever the hair starts to rustle my hearing aids lol .....
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Major 2

When I was an early teen, my hair was silky fine, long, and sun-lightened, in a surfer cut.
It never reached my shoulders, but close enough.
Later, thru adulthood it was all so often well over my ears and off the collar.

Somewhere in my 4 decade I began to part it in the middle, not by choice BTW.
Now days I maintain the shag around a nude beach.

when planets align...do the deal !

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

My better-half cuts my hair every couple of months.

Rained overnight.

'Tis 65 and overcast. "Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning  then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Haze. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim

Johnny McCrae

I'm about due for my yearly shearing. I'm thnking of skipping this years shearing and using the $$$ to buy a case of Milwaukee's finest.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Major E A Sterner

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

DeaconKC

Goodevening all, a few sprinkles today 83 right now. Put some seat covers on my Kia Carnival today, my holstered gun was rubbing the seat material. Then after that started fighting with a new laptop, it seems really nice, my old one is starting to have "issues", so doing a download/backup of the old one to a hard drive while the new one does it's stuff. Gonna work tomorrow, yesterday was a decent day there. Supposed to be in the 80s here the rest of the week with rain most days, then drying out and up to the low 90s [normal] the next week. My Dad said when I was a kid that I was gonna have a haircut short enough that folks would know I was a boy from any direction, guess I just got used to it, I've always kept it short.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

Working on a new holster for my K frame 4" pistols.

'Tis 58 and overcast. "Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the middle 70s. North wind 5 to 10 mph."

Slim

Delmonico

Finally got back in, had trouble with it and some other stuff after the big crash thingy. ::)  Not much going on. just keep plugging at stuff.  I'm ready to get some stuff from the shed, she has lots to go. 

Had it cut twice since we retired in early 2019, both freebies in rehab hospitals.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

DeaconKC

Glad to see everyone back! Was 96 here today, gonna be even hotter the rest of the week...yuck. Anyway, thank the Good Lord for AC!
Y'all be good!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.

'Tis 60 and fog. "Humid. Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable wind. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com