Dead-eye Cowboy action shooting

Started by 1961MJS, June 04, 2024, 05:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Interesting!

I started shooting SASS & NCOWS matches in 2007 at the tender age of 67. Father Time spares nobody and I retired from competetive shooting a few years ago. That said, while i was in reasonable shape for my age at the time, there is no way I could ever shoot in a prone position. I'd need help getting up.

Back in wisconsin, we always tried to make our matches interesting by using various props. At our SASS matches in Wisconsin, one of the stages was always a "Shotgun only" stage. We also had a "Working Cowboy" class available which required one pistol and a rifle, no shotgun.

At our NCOWS Posse in Wisconsin, on one stage, the shooter shot a Sharps Rifle, off the clock, for a bonus.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

ira scott

Johnny, you always did a great job writing stages, and compiling the scenario booklets! I remember when we met during my first trip to the NCOWS Nationals in Evansville, IN., probably 2011 or so? Thank you for staying involved by helping with the NCOWS Website!

B.N. Scotty
It is far better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com