Henry Kaboom!

Started by Fox Creek Kid, April 20, 2023, 08:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeaconKC

Taylor's answered my question here.
 Brad Turner (Taylor's & Co Firearms)

Aug 23, 2024, 1:44 PM EDT
Good afternoon,

We have never tried this.  However, when the follower is pressed to the rear of the magazine tube, there is 10.5 inches of available space.  Teh standard length of a 45ACP bullet is 1.273".  So it will not allow 10 rounds of 45ACP to be loaded into the magazine tube.  It is a great idea for sure, but is not doable unfortunatly.  I hope this answers your questions.  Please let me know if I can help you further.  Have a great day.

Thanks,

Brad Turner
Taylor's & Co Firearms�
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Baltimore Ed

The specs of the Uberti Henry shows a capacity 13+1 of 45colt with a 24 inch barrel so I'm confused. I just measured ten of my 45acp with 250 gr rnfp boolits and got 12 inches. 13 rds of 45colt are certainly longer than 10 rds of 45acp.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Hair Trigger Jim

We moved on from Henrys and started talking about whether it could be done with a Spencer, as those only hold 7 in the magazine.

Baltimore Ed

Just realized that, sorry for the confusion.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Abilene

Ed, but in regard to your question, are you considering that one of those 45 Colts is on the carrier, so only 12 need to fit in the magazine.

Tuolumne Lawman

Wow, thanks for posting!  I have been a Henry shooter since 1994, and I am VERY carful, holding the tab back with my hand while I slowly lower it down.  My Henry Repeating arms 1860 copy also has the rubber bumper in it.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com