Hammer shotguns

Started by Oregon Bill, December 10, 2005, 09:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major 2

Quote from: blue drifter on December 22, 2005, 10:50:06 AM
ha guys
well out here in jersey their arent many gunsmiths.I found 4 and call them all. nobody would work on my hammer springs. so I though I would try and do it myself ( ha ha ) so I called wolf and they said they don't
have the springs for A spartan 220 ( remington inport ) I said my hammers are as hard as hell to pull back
he said can't help ya. he said why don't you call remington. so I called rem and asked for A tec. he said
you cowboy shooters wan't everthing so it shoots fast, fast, fast. well we don't make the softer springs
and we don't sell the springs,nor do we install them!!! use the gun for what it was made for!!! thank you for useing
rem inport, and good by. hell out here in jersey, I should ask the MOB, they must have A good gunsmith.

Remington tech said that ? ...how rude and ignorant of him.
Seen Remington ads for the Spartan 220 ?  It's catering to the Cowboy style.
What else would you used a 20" Shotgun for , home defence , sure, but why an old hammered design ? answer ... To cater to Cowboy Action shooters. You would not duck hunt with a 20".
I'm sure it's more of a perceived liability issue with Spartan base on misconception and poor marketing.

To bad , Remington/Spartan's biggest market for 220 could be CAS , but based on that they could care less.
I don't and won't ever need a Spartan.

But you already have one so  :)

I know of two Smiths   www.hoopermfg.com 
Shotgun work includes custom springs and any pertinent modifications specific to the brand of gun to 
   make it a smooth and reliable competition gun.   
      Stevens (and all variations), Baikal, Stoeger, Rossi, and Norinco side by sides.
Less common shotguns will require a special quote, but will most likely be the same price $120.00

the other
Mike @ http://www.buffalobillsshootingstore.com/
I was quoted $95 for the same as above.

M
when planets align...do the deal !

Big John Denny

That's real bad for Remington. I looked at one when they first came out and felt how stiff it was. I put it back down and walked away. Keep in mind that Remington doesn't make the Spartan line. They feel like a stiff Baikal to me, but even stiffer. I don't think many cowboys will be looking to pick one up if they ever felt its action.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

Stump Water

Quote from: blue drifter on December 22, 2005, 10:50:06 AM
he said you cowboy shooters wan't everthing so it shoots fast, fast, fast. well we don't make the softer springs
and we don't sell the springs,nor do we install them!!! use the gun for what it was made for!!! thank you for useing
rem inport, and good by. hell out here in jersey, I should ask the MOB, they must have A good gunsmith.

First I'll pull on my asbestos drawers.

Ya see....  here's the rub.  "Us" cowboy shooters seem to think that we should be able to get our competition guns "from the factory" like we want them.  AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!!  Forget it!  Ask the "factory" how to make a gun "not factory"?  Forget it.  Get with the 21st century firearms sales program.  Every single firearm I own has been to see a 'smith to get it in, what I consider, shootable condition.  Every single new firearm I have ever purchased has gone straight to the 'smith before it ever went home.  .22 Browning Buck Mark pistol all the way to the .300 Win. Mag. Ruger MK.

Sidebar... I'm reminded of the cowboy shooter with "slick" guns talking down about people in other disciplines with "comp" guns.  Not "compensated" guns, mind you, but "competition" guns... end side bar.

Yah... sounds like the guy at Rem. was a butt.  But guess what, "us" cowboy folk that think "we" can reengineer the way the firearms industry works should try NASCAR first... the odds are better.

blue drifter

hi guys
  thanks stump,and major 321.  I diden't know if I should put that story here or in scary stories  ;D.

I did get in touch with major hooper and we got everything taken care of!  Thanks again both of you.
semper fi, dav, blue drifter

Four-Eyed Buck

The Spartans ARE Baikals, basically the same gun as imported by EAA. A good smith for them would either be Nate Kiowa Jones down Texas way or Coyote Cap up Minnesota way. Mods for the EAA guns are on Marauder's site and should apply to the Spartan guns as well. As far as local smith's, you'd have to check with other local shooter's to find out who's been working on them. Check with your local CAS pards........Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

blue drifter

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on December 26, 2005, 10:58:34 AM
The Spartans ARE Baikals, basically the same gun as imported by EAA. A good smith for them would either be Nate Kiowa Jones down Texas way or Coyote Cap up Minnesota way. Mods for the EAA guns are on Marauder's site and should apply to the Spartan guns as well. As far as local smith's, you'd have to check with other local shooter's to find out who's been working on them. Check with your local CAS pards........Buck 8) ;)
thanks buck i'll check em out.
semper fi, dav, blue drifter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com