Quite!-Quite!-Quite!!!

Started by Slamfire, November 08, 2017, 01:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamfire

HEY  Dusty !!! just left the load'n room...I cast a few .575 dia. 515-523 gr. HB top pour bullets. Now they weren't pure lead ..had some mix about 12-15 bhn in the pot . I was going thru a box of moulds and thought ... why not ! Those top pour's are a little different to cast but after about 8-10 throw backs..I cast 6 that are " nice & sharp ". I think this mould is ( was ) for a 58 cal. a friend started building ( he's passed ) .. anyway's  man what a chunk of lead.  Sorry I know this don't have a single thing to do w/ 76's .

smoke'm if y'a got'mHootmix.

dusty texian

Thanks Slamfire , those fall just in the middle of what I have . A 56 cal. and a 72 cal. Thanks anyhow , Amigo !,, DT

pinto beans

Well folks here I thought we were escaping the nasty weather that has gone North and South of us.  Woke up this morning to an inch of snow on the ground!!  Was sorta hoping things would moderate sooner than later as had in mind to take the 45-75 out to longer range.  Next trip to the farm was going to dig around the metal stock and see about building a target to ring at around 100 yards.  Will let everyone know how this pans out but one thing for sure, weather got to get better first!  Hope others get to burn some powder soon!!

keep ya powder dry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com