White Meat or Dark?

Started by Ozark Iron John, November 24, 2005, 07:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark Iron John

"Wrap my Body in a Bonnie Blue Flag and bury me with my Feet in the South!"
>:(    - Ozark Iron John cir. 1876

SASS #60933, CMSA #4406, Masonic Cowboy Shootist

PWDFR POSSE

I am a white meat man myself & Happy Thanksgiving back at ya pard!

Wrangler Rich

I like "Turkey" but the dark meat is my favorite part
Hiram's Ranger # 10
It's not like it used to be, but it'll do.

Ozark Tracker

The dark meat is usually jucier,  but I always like a chunk of the white meat. just so I get a lot of stuffing
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Coop Trawlaine

I ain't picky, whichever lands on the plate just so long as the plate is full.
Coop Trawlaine SASS #63617, SCORRS, WartHog, SUDDS #188, IPSAC #47
Aka: Walt Lange
"Trawlaine" ISBN 1-4137-7738-4
"Trawlaine's Land" ISBN -09479379-0-8
Western Writers of America
Society of Southwestern Authors
www.waltlange.com

Forty Rod

There's dark meat on a turkey???
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Sod Buster

Dark meat for me.
White is too dry for my taste.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Tricky Trina

Dark meay tastes better to me and much moister.  I use white meat on sandwiches - the breast slices easier and stays on the bread.  What do you put on your turkey sandwiches?
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Forty Rod

Miracle Whip and salt.

What do you put on yours?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Danny Bear Claw

White meat on the plate, smothered in gravy... gravy on the smashed taters too.

Dark and white meat in the turkey salad and the turkey soup.

On the turkey sandwiches... white meat, ice berg lettuce, thin sliced tomato, mayo and salt.

::burp:: .............. pardon me.
Happy Thanksgiving Pards!   8)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Sod Buster

Quote from: Forty Rod on November 24, 2005, 12:54:56 PM
Miracle Whip and salt.

What do you put on yours?

Miracle Whip and Onion Salt.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

PWDFR POSSE

I only use the dark meat in my soup.  Sandwiches... white meat shredded & placed on a Kieser Roll then toasted.  A couple of thin sliced tomatoes, a few deli thin sliced dill pickles, salt & pepper and mayo!  Yum! Yum!  ;)

Four-Eyed Buck

Cut it out! you're making me hungry and ours isn't done yet ::) Waste too much with a complete bird, so we got a breast only for the three of us. I prefer white, but it does take a little work to keep it from getting too dry...........Buck 8) ::) :o ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

El Peludo

QuoteWhite meat on the plate, smothered in gravy... gravy on the smashed taters too.

On the turkey sandwiches... white meat, ice berg lettuce, thin sliced tomato, mayo and salt.

Happy Thanksgiving Pards!   

Yep, I think you got the right of it, Danny; that's pretty much my take on it, too.

Y'all have a happy turkey day - and keep in mind the reason for the season, too.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Stump Water

* Buncha turkeys *

Oh.... hey y'all.

White 'er dark?  Yep.

Mostly stuffin'.

Dukes mayo & salt on tha sammiches tommory.

Happy Turkey Day y'all!!

Delmonico

Didn't have turkey, didn't go to my sister-in-laws, I played hermit today and had quail cook in grandma's chicken fryer, broth on the bottom and bacon on top to protect the delicate little things. ;D  Was awful good, got a new variant of my dried apricot cobbler to try latter.  Found my Alice's Resterant 33 1/3 and played it. ::) ;)

Fer samwiches, either, but my white meat ain't dry.  With Hellman's Mayo, (The origial from a jar and the best)  on sourdough Czech Rye (see cosie's Corner) never on store bought. :P :P :P :P  Fresh ground pepper on the mayo and sharp or sharper Cheddar cheese.  Butter the bread (not margerine) and toast in in an iron skillet if desired. ;D

I'll post the proper way to roast a turkey and not dry it out in Cosie's Corner later, it is from some of my 1870's cookbooks and it will surprise you, it is beuuuutiful browned when done, will work fine with a wild one and so moist and tender it will melt in you mouth. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Arcey

Got the peanut oil too hot this afternoon but thought 'the heck with it' 'n drowned the bird anyway.  Usually drops ten to fifteen degrees when the cold bird goes in.  Kept turnin' the gas down.  'Bout ten minutes left to fry, I cut it off.

Had it too hot before but not like this.  Figured I'd messed it up.  Got the thing inside 'n went ta cut the drumsticks off it 'n they almost just pulled off.  Had ta cut one wing, the other pulled away.  Rest of the bird sliced up better'n ever.  Cut it with the side ah the fork.

Those dark meat drumsticks is hid in the refrig-a-deezer just fer me.  Heheheheheheeeeeeee.

Owwwww, hurts ta laff.  Ain't a big eater but ya wouldn't known it this afternoon.  Even ate apple 'n punkin' pie.  I'm miserable........
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Modoc

RED MEAT!!!!!! ;D

Family tradition is a Standing Rib Roast 8)  with plenty of Garlic mashed putatas (from Tule Lake) and home-made  bread.  Had a terrifiic Thanks Giving with Miz Les, Buckskin John, Sierra Packer and most of all Kurt N. Kleimer (his first!).  Loved every miniute of it and came back to work with no heat in the office ::).  Still, I'm thankfull for having a good job, loving family and great pards (including those here on the wires)

Modoc

"He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest"
SUDDS, SCORRS, Retired Warthog, Sometime Gunfighter, and Soot Deliante

Marshal harpoluke

Quote from: Danny Bear Claw on November 24, 2005, 01:07:28 PM
White meat on the plate, smothered in gravy... gravy on the smashed taters too.

Happy Thanksgiving Pards!   8)

;D

Thats about it, its all good with Family N Friends.
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

dangerranger

At our place were in turkey week. turkey sandwiches[ white ]. turkey tetrazini[ dark ]. turkey soup [ dark ]. turkey pot pie [ white ]. mmmmmmm!!!!!!
Life is a rush into the unknown, You can duck down real low and hope nothing hits you, Or stand up tall, show it your teeth,and say "Dish it up Baby and dont get stingy with the Peppers!!!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com