Very Important Day In History

Started by Delmonico, November 23, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinity

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on November 26, 2005, 05:46:15 PM

On this day in history:

1883 - Preacher, Abolitionist, and Women's Rights advocate Sojourner Truth died in Battle Creek Michigan.

Where?  At the Kellogg sanitarium?  No more corn flakes for me!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Trinity on December 06, 2005, 08:09:41 PM

On this day in history:

1883 - Preacher, Abolitionist, and Women's Rights advocate Sojourner Truth died in Battle Creek Michigan.

Yogurt!  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Trinity

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on December 07, 2005, 09:25:01 AM
Quote from: Trinity on December 06, 2005, 08:09:41 PM

On this day in history:

Yogurt!  ;D

Slim

:o :o She choked on yogurt?  Wow, that must have been a mess. :P :(
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Delmonico

A, well Trinity, I don't know how to break the news to you, but John G. Kellogg was not famous for FEEDING yogurt to folks, he took the shortcut. :o
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Delmonico on December 08, 2005, 11:21:23 AM
A, well Trinity, I don't know how to break the news to you, but John G. Kellogg was not famous for FEEDING yogurt to folks, he took the shortcut. :o
Can ya say, "enema"?  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Trinity

litl rooster

Feb 22 1879..F.W> Woolworth's opened it's first store in Utica NY....Bought alot of shot shells and .22 shells and a rifle at our local Woolworth's the were cheaper than Sears ;D  Don't know if any still esist.
Mathew 5.9

Lucky Irish Tom

I haven't seen a Woolworths in I can't remember when lR, course at my age that could have been yesterday!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

litl rooster

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on February 22, 2006, 06:00:29 PM
I haven't seen a Woolworths in I can't remember when lR, course at my age that could have been yesterday!  ;D

CRS  hits me quite often...................what was I ramblin' about? ;D
Mathew 5.9

Four-Eyed Buck

I think they've been gone since sometime in the '80's.....Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Ozark Tracker

Woolworths, that brought back a few memories,  we used to go to the one downtown, Muskogee, Ok.  they had a mynor bird, he could talk up a storm ,  first bird I had ever seen that could talk.  just fasinated me.  I'd go with my grandmother and I could sit for a couple of hours while she shopped.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Lucky Irish Tom

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on February 23, 2006, 08:01:49 PM
I think they've been gone since sometime in the '80's.....Buck 8) ::)

You talking about Woolworths or litl rooster and me, Buck?

Four-Eyed Buck

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

litl rooster

I haven't seen a Myna bird since the 80's

LIT what were we talking about? ;D ;D ;D
Mathew 5.9

Lucky Irish Tom

lr you told the Police you didn't know it was a Myna, you said it told you it was 18.  ;D

litl rooster

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on February 24, 2006, 05:21:39 PM
lr you told the Police you didn't know it was a Myna, you said it told you it was 18.  ;D

Oh yeah...and the police was her Daddy too :(
Mathew 5.9

Steel Horse Bailey

We usta have both Woolworth and Woolco stores.  Woolco was the low-cost bargain center owned by Woolworth Co.  My best pal and I went there (1976 or so) and purchased (each of us) a Gew. 88 rifle (Turkish export model) and about 60 rounds of surplus steel jacketed ammo.  This is the rifle commonly known as the Mauser 1888, but it's more correctly known as the Commission Rifle. This one had been re-bored to the "S" (Spitzer) cofiguration.  It was (and still is) safe to shoot the standard 8 mm Mau. bullets that are .323".  It now lives in semi-retirement in my safe, but I still can shoot it - but I have loaded reduced power loads for it.  No sense takin' chances with that old Warhorse.

I still have the rifle and the receipt.  The rifle was $27.88, the ammo was $1.00 for 15 rounds, and with tax, the whole ball of wax was less than $35 !  Those were the days ...
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

litl rooster

For all you wannabe "Outlaws"...On theis date 1933 the last known Train Robbery took place........
Mathew 5.9

Delmonico

In the US.  There was one in the early 60's in Egland that had the largest haul of anyof them. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

litl rooster

Quote from: Delmonico on June 21, 2006, 05:49:48 PM
In the US.  There was one in the early 60's in Egland that had the largest haul of anyof them. ;D

Correct in the US

Well the picture was suppose to be on a post in Coffee and Grub......whad' I do wrong now Trinity
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com