Very Important Day In History

Started by Delmonico, November 23, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

Bro. Gene Autry was born in Oklahoma on this date in 1907.  Happy 101st Birthday, Gene.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on September 29, 2008, 01:13:30 PM
Happy 101st Birthday, Gene.

Gene would be a bit old ta jump outta airplanes ;D
     Sorry Gene, bad joke.  Happy birthday.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

Leo, Gene was in the Air Crops in WWII and served in Burma.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Silver Creek Slim

He was a good one. I got a few of his DVDs.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

If you ever get to L A and have about 3 hours to spend, visit the Western Heritage Museum.

Silver Creek Slim

Sorry ta say but I never want ta go ta LA. They should more that museum somewhere else.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Ozark Tracker

when I graduated High School, 1969, I went out there to LA, stayed a little over a month and half.  Just had always wanted to see everything out there,  looked it all over and came back to Oklahoma don't think I forgot nothing out there, so I don't need to go back  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Arcey

Taxes, criminal activities, gangs, overcrowding, traffic, pollution, hollyweird......

What's not to love? 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

I didn't loose ennything in branson mo. but if i was going that way I'd have to stop and see Roy Rogers
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

I went out to Victorville, Calif. and saw the museum before they moved it to Branson. I got meet ROY JR. while I was there. Dale was made an honorary citizen of Fort Worth and Roy was commissioned as a Tarrant County Deputy Sheriff.  It is worth it to go see all the memrobilia in there and Roy's gun collection.  For MY Masonic Bros., there is one room dedicated to Roy's Masonic memberships.

Leo Tanner

There's a lot of neat stuff in Missouri.  Used ta drive by the house where Mr. Howard was shot, but they don't make no big deal about it.  It's just an old house with a plaque out front. 
     Another strange thing about livin in KC is that ya can drive past a statue of General Lee an a 5 minute ride later yer lookin at General Grant.  After awile ya don't even think about which state yer in durrin the course of the day.

Leo   

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

My Father's side of the family came Johnson County, Missouri. I had a  GG uncle that was in the Cavalry before the War. He was a Capt. Most of the kinfolk were Confederates. He just didn't wear his uniform while he was home. I would put it back before he left.  He stayed in the Army and was in the Powder River campaigns.  I have his 1851 Navy Colt and most of the holster.

Leo Tanner

Johnson County is on the Kansas side, it's where all the rich folks live nowadays.  The Missouri side is called Leawood and is part of Jackson County.  I lived in Jackson, but in midtown where I stuck out like a sore thumb.

That gun must be a real treasure fer ya.  I bet ya take very good care of it.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Delmonico

Quote from: Leo Tanner on September 30, 2008, 01:48:22 PM
There's a lot of neat stuff in Missouri.  Used ta drive by the house where Mr. Howard was shot, but they don't make no big deal about it.  It's just an old house with a plaque out front. 
     Another strange thing about livin in KC is that ya can drive past a statue of General Lee an a 5 minute ride later yer lookin at General Grant.  After awile ya don't even think about which state yer in durrin the course of the day.

Leo   

Be careful of that, them border wars ain't been forgotten.  Newbrassky Teritory did our best to keep both sides over on there side.  Rumor is a few from both sides were sent home via the Missouri River, sans boat. :o
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Leo Tanner

That river is said ta be the best way of...
     Never mind, I fergot what I was goin ta say. ::)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

On this date in 1866, The Reno Brothers pulled the first Train Robbery. They got $ 10,000 in cash.

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on October 06, 2008, 07:00:03 AM
On this date in 1866, The Reno Brothers pulled the first Train Robbery. They got $ 10,000 in cash.

Later, they got a "short shrift and a hempen collar."

(This is taken from our Club's website: the Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society - History ) http://home.comcast.net/~smvsposse/history.htm

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Texas Lawdog

SHB, Are you tryin' to tell me that the Boys had a long drop on a short rope.  Around the the turn of the century, Black Jack Ketchum was hung in Clayton, New Mexico. The first attempt failed, the second time they pulled off his head

Texas Lawdog

On this date in 1792, FreeMasons laid the cornerstone of the White House. In 1845, Texans ratifyed a state constitution and prepared for annexation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com