Very Important Day In History

Started by Delmonico, November 23, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcey

Depends on where the surroundin' area is occupied by the heaviest percentage of  Section 8 residents.

Here, most of the shootin's are at K-Mart. Specifically the one 'cross the street from my dentist's office.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

I always made it on a Section 8, but they told I wasn't crazy enough yet.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Ozark Tracker

;D  just as we were getting ready to move from Muskogee, they were building a new Wal-Mart Super Center,  it was just down the street from the goverment subsidised housing,  looked like a bad location to me.  had a friend tell me it was an awful spot to shop, better leave yer doors unlocked,  they'll knock out a window to grab anything if the doors are locked. 

The bad Wal-Mart around here is down at Russellville, they have a Mexican shoot out about every week, 
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Leo Tanner

Got no Walmart around here.  The town is really tryin ta stay small.  We have the Red K but it's a small one.  Have a tiny JC Pennys that has had it's jewelry counter burglerized after hours twice in the last few years, but no one hurt.  Dang, now I think on it, our Sears is even smaller an only sells appliances an tools.
     I just realized I live in Mayberry! ::)

Gonna go see Floyd an get a haircut.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

Hmm, we got two of them, worst thing I heard about there is the cashier stealing gift cards.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

There's all kinds of little creatures that come out after dark to prey on unsuspecting folks.  They sleep during the day because they don't have jobs. They rob and steal from honest people to support their habits.

Trinity

Makes me want to go get a habit so that I'll have an excuse.  I never got into drugs because I couldn't afford it.  Don't drink "too" much because I can't afford it.  Don't drive a fancy car because... yep, can't afford it.  Now when I see folks on govt. assistance drunk, high and driving hummers and caddies, it makes me sick.  Not jealous, just plain sick.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

good thing I finished reading that post,  I thought ya was gonna get ya a Nun's Habit and then when them bad guys jumped ya ,  you could spring back on em,  :o

Texas Lawdog

For a long time I didn't think anything about getting up at night and going to the store, most of the time, unarmed.  Not anymore. I get my stuff done during the day and when the sun goes down, I don't get out. I've spent my entire adult life dealing with these low- lifes. I've worked hard for what I have and I'll be damned if I am gonna let some A$$ Hole take it from me without a fight.

Trinity

Quote from: Ozark Tracker on August 27, 2008, 09:16:45 PM
good thing I finished reading that post,  I thought ya was gonna get ya a Nun's Habit and then when them bad guys jumped ya ,  you could spring back on em,  :o

;D ;D

Yer right TL.  With things goin' the way they are, I might just have to go get my CCW.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

litl rooster

when I walk the dog, I "walk the dog"
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Col. Sam Colt made us all equal.

Lucky Irish Tom

People ask me if I have my two Great Danes for protection and then look funny at me when I tell them no, that their job is to give me time to pull my gun.

I used to feel pretty safe going out to certain areas unarmed nowadays I won't even go out in the yard after dark without carrying.

Last night there were two guys shot less than half a block from my office.  Arcey's former coworkers are looking into it.  The interesting thing was that there was a person beat up about 15 minutes before the shootings not more thatn 2 blocks from where the shootings occurred.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Arcey

Tom, that crap happened almost beside my former office. The club they built one up on Granby couldn't make it work 'n the element that's in there now attracts that kindah recreational activity.

Until the city addresses those issues without the fear of hurtin' the feelin's of a certain segment of the population it's gonna continue. They have been told that for years.

Joe Leafe told the truth about the murders there, where they were 'n what they were over. He's gone. It's way past time for others to take the same chance 'n tell it like it is.

I don't go anywhere unarmed either.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

All of us in LE have made enemies along the way. I would still care a pistol even if I wasn't authorized. "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

Arcey

Under the "Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act" (HR-218) qualified active and retired law enforcement officers are permitted to carry concealed handguns nationwide. The law amends the Gun Control Act (18 U.S.C. Chapter 44) to exempt qualified active and retired law enforcement officers from state and local laws prohibiting the carry of concealed firearms.

Check into it, Tex.

Ozark Tracker

ya know that's one of the worst part of life now,  you almost feel like you have to gotta protect yourself, nobody else is going to.  We carry all the time here in Arkanasas and around here is a pretty safe feeling place.  back when we lived in Oklahoma,  they didn't have a conceled carry license, but I always carried anytime I wanted to, nobody much cared,

when I was a Bail bonds man I carried ever where I went. all the LE knew we carried and it was Ok with them at the time.  Never had to pull it but twice and only one of them was down right serious,  I had done cleared it in my mind that he was a dead man, but he jumped down on the ground and I'd a had to shoot him in the back,   after he got out of jail, he doused his wife with gasoline and set her on fire,  He got life, guess he's still there.

Texas Lawdog

Ozark Tracker

last I heard of him that's where he was,

story was his gang (YOBS)  had killed his sister and cut her head off a couple of years before, I knew that part was the turth,  he was a crack  head and told me that they worshiped vegatables  and they needed a sacrifice, I mean the stuff he was telling me, Steven King coulnd't even make up.  now he was telling me all this first hand just prior to thinking about shooting him,  we were standing beside my pickup and he went for his straight razor and I went for my gun, he saw me pulling my 45 and he hit the ground.
that guy was absolutley nuts. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com