Very Important Day In History

Started by Delmonico, November 23, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

I'm thinking right now about next summer. The retirement stuff will be over with and I will be a free man.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Sod Buster

Arcey:
Tex:

I went to an air show at the Suffok, VA airport in 2000.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Texas Lawdog

Sod Buster, I got one of those Large CAF chits on the back of a gray Members Only Jacket. I get a lot of comments about the part about hiding him from Yankees,  guiding him to Southern territory, and being revived with a mint julip.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

The old Suffolk. Awful good drag racin' there for a long time. Always wondered if a sky diver was gonna land in the timin' traps.

Had some mighty fine pig-pickin's there too.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Sod Buster

Tex:

I wish I would have purchased one.  Here are two more pictures from the show:

Trinity

Cool pics, SB.  I love those old birds.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Sod Buster

Here's one more your speed, Trinity:

Delmonico

Quote from: Sod Buster on August 16, 2008, 02:57:39 PM

Niope, not me, I seen Henry Fonda crash in onna them dang things. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

I never get tired of seeing pictures of those Warbirds.

Trinity

Quote from: Sod Buster on August 16, 2008, 02:57:39 PM

I've never seen one of those.  What is it?
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Ozark Tracker

looks kinda like one of them Piper Cubs,  almost bought one when I took flying lessons,  could'a had one for $1500 at the time.   first one I ever saw was being used as a crop duster,  they used a lot of em aorund here for several years.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Trinity

Looks like one, but also looks like it has a canvas skin.  Is it my eyes?

litl rooster

Quote from: Delmonico on August 16, 2008, 03:29:26 PM
Niope, not me, I seen Henry Fonda crash in onna them dang things. ;D

Lots of folks crashed in 'm some lived to talk about it,    put me on the list of wanted one
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

It;s an L 5  "Birddog"  Light Observation aircraft.

Delmonico

Quote from: litl rooster on August 16, 2008, 07:25:57 PM

Lots of folks crashed in 'm some lived to talk about it,    put me on the list of wanted one

Well I ain't gonna fly in one in the fog, that's what got Henrey Fonda in trouble, 'member he found the German Panzers, but they crashed and kilt the poor pilot. :)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

"The Battlin' Bastards of Bastogne", Ain't got no Momma, Aint' got no Papa, Ain't got no UNCLE SAM!

Trinity

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com