Very Important Day In History

Started by Delmonico, November 23, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Four-Eyed Buck

The Mather is directly(Almost) across from the R&R HOF, lR. It's the home of the Gret Lakes Museum, IIRC............Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Trinity

Quote from: litl rooster on March 11, 2008, 11:01:45 PM
I remember the USS Cod being berthed next the old Lake Front Stadium  on 9th st if I remenber correctly.   My photographic mind is out of film ;D

I don't have a photographic mind, but I do have a photogirrafic mind. :-\ :)
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Texas Lawdog

A few years ago I got an extradition trip to Conn. I went to the Sub museum at New London.  The Nautilus had just been decmommissioned and made into a exhibit at the museum. I got to tour it. The Nautilus was the first atomic US sub. I remember reading a story about this new atomic powered sub in the Weekly Reader in the 50's.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Silver Creek Slim

Leonard Nimoy is 77 today.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Steel Horse Bailey

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Four-Eyed Buck

Live long, and prosper............... 8)

Delmonico

But please Lenard, no more Rock and Roll albums. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Trinity

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Lucky Irish Tom

I heard he's going to release an album of Vulcan Love Chants!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

litl rooster

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on March 27, 2008, 07:33:58 AM
I heard he's going to release an album of Vulcan Love Chants!  ;D

I hope it giving a rateing and the jacket is censored
Mathew 5.9

Leo Tanner

The Lenny stuff being here reminds me of a sketch comedy show I saw awhile back.
     The bit was about two brothers who set off to be part of a Civil War Reenactment.  When they got there, the same fairgrounds had been booked for a Trekkie convension and a rennisonce fair the same day.  The Civil war battle had to be fought in the full parking lot and of course the Knights and Trek people ended up drawn into the battle.  Sounds silly an it was, but the funniest kind a silly  :D
     I love ta see that one again.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

My wife and I were having supper one Friday night at our favorite Mexican place.  I had drank a couple of frozen margartias, when I noticed about 2 dozen folks dressed as trekkies.   They had a large table set for them and they came in and sat down and ate.  These folks had not spared any expense on their costumes.   I was told later that this is a Trekkie club and they meet once a month and supper together.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Leo Tanner

Found it.
     My memory was a bit off on the outcome but it still is pretty funny.  Wait til the end an the Trekkie stuff is there.

As a note, I realize that the war reenactments are taken seriously by many of us (we have a big one here in town every year that I would love to get into) but this is just too dang fun ta miss IMHO.  ;D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u2XlSXcwJ3o
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Ozark Tracker

BALLAD OF THUNDER ROAD

Let me tell the story, I can tell it all
About the mountain boy who ran illegal alcohol
His daddy made the whiskey, son, he drove the load
When his engine roared, they called the highway Thunder Road.

Sometimes into Ashville, sometimes Memphis town
The revenoors chased him but they couldn't run him down
Each time they thought they had him, his engine would explode
He'd go by like they were standin' still on Thunder Road.

(CHORUS)
And there was thunder, thunder over Thunder Road
Thunder was his engine, and white lightning was his load
There was moonshine, moonshine to quench the Devil's thirst
The law they swore they'd get him, but the Devil got him first.

On the first of April, nineteen fifty-four
A Federal man sent word he'd better make his run no more
He said two hundred agents were coverin' the state
Whichever road he tried to take, they'd get him sure as fate.

Son, his Daddy told him, make this run your last
The tank is filled with hundred-proof, you're all tuned up and gassed
Now, don't take any chances, if you can't get through
I'd rather have you back again than all that mountain dew.

(CHORUS)

Roarin' out of Harlan, revvin' up his mill
He shot the gap at Cumberland, and screamed by Maynordsville
With T-men on his taillights, roadblocks up ahead
The mountain boy took roads that even Angels feared to tred.

Blazing right through Knoxville, out on Kingston Pike,
Then right outside of Bearden, they made the fatal strike.
He left the road at 90; that's all there is to say.
The devil got the moonshine and the mountain boy that day.

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Texas Lawdog

THUNDER!  THUNDER!   OVER THUNDER ROAD!!!!!!! :D ;D 8) ::) :-* :-*

Silver Creek Slim

Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

I would like to find a DVD of Thunder Road.  I like those 57 Fords in the movie. I was always partial to them. We had a 57 Ford station wagon when I was a kid.  In later years, we had a couple of 57 Rancheros to deliver parts in at the parts store we had.

Four-Eyed Buck

My Dad had a '57 custom, TLD. That was the plainer version with a six cylinder and standard shift( three on the tree). It was a tu-tone, white and an ugly color of light green( Sea foam????)....................Buck 8) ::) ;)

Trinity

The Twinkie was invented on April 6,1930 by bakery manager James Dewar, making thrifty use of shortcake pans that were used only during the strawberry season. Twinkies originally contained a Banana cream filling, but this was replaced with a vanilla cream filling during a banana shortage, caused by World War II. The original flavor would be revisited more than half a century later as an alternative flavor.

In June of 2007 Hostess announced the return of the banana-creme Twinkie. In the past the banana flavored version was offered as a limited-time promotion. Due in part to sales increasing by 20% when the banana version was offered, the banana Twinkie will now be produced permanently.

Continental Foods admitted on a 2006 episode of television's How It's Made that Twinkies are, in fact, baked ending years of speculation. The Washington Post reported on April 13, 2005 that "the cakes are baked for 10 minutes, then the creme filling is injected through three holes in the top, which is browned from baking. The cake is flipped before packaging, so the rounded yellow bottom becomes the top." Hostess was the implied source of this information. A 2007 book, Twinkie, Deconstructed examines where all the ingredients come from and how they are made.

Ozark Tracker

I thought ya was getting ready to post a new Avatar and tell us that was yer alias  ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com