Very Important Day In History

Started by Delmonico, November 23, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Just another self proclaimed preacher.

To many of them from the group we are talkin' about spent too many years shootin' muzzle-loaders, when it comes to PC in the last half the 19th century they ain't even got the slightest idea what was made, what could be had and where.  Most towns by the 1880's you could find a phone to make a call and could flip a switch and turn on a light or even crank up a tune and play it over and over on a machine.  

Even PC it ain't just fur trade era with repeating firearms. ;)  I study history cause it's interesting, also take my knowledge to the public where folks like to learn, don't need to hide it in among a little group of folks.  Been in trouble with some many a time when I tell them if they think they're doc-you-mented perrsona is so good, take it out in the public and teach them what was, don't sit around and whine the public has no real idea of the period, few of the whiners take me up on it. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Arcey

CAS totally confuses most folks that ask me whut I'm dressed for. Give 'em a short explanation.

'Oh! You're a re-enactor?'

'That's close 'nuff, yes, ma'am.'

They're happy 'n say nice things back ta ya. Get deeper'n that 'n they're lost.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Trinity

I think some of them like that people become lost at something they are saying.  It's a power trip.  Then they can go to their couple pards at the match and talk down about the "common" folk.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Arcey

Oh, forgot, Del. That's him.........

One of the umbrellas he had belly aches o'er was MINE.

Reckon he'd ah loved my 'fish' umbrella. Beach umbrella on my cart with l'il fishies on it I got at the ocean front. Folks ask 'n I tell 'em its my Marlin rifle umbrella. These folks shootin' these parts think that's funny. Not a problem at all. We're just playin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Steel Horse Bailey

Not even a lot of NCOWS folks pick on y'all, or talk/think down 'bout ya.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

litl rooster

Quote from: Tensleep on January 21, 2008, 07:47:03 PM
I'll second that.... kin we vote now?

all in favor

I will continue to use Annie Lee's Parasol when ever the hell I feel like it.  Tell me that or an umbrella is not allowed I might pack up and go home
Mathew 5.9

Trinity

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Trinity

Quote from: litl rooster on January 22, 2008, 06:07:02 PM

all in favor

I will continue to use Annie Lee's Parasol when ever the hell I feel like it.  Tell me that or an umbrella is not allowed I might pack up and go home

Are y'all talkin' about who I think you're talkin' about?

Delmonico

Send me a PM with yer Idea and I'll tell you for sure, I think not though. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Trinity

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Trinity

Oops.  I picked up on the "pack up and go home" comment. ;D

Delmonico

Wrong state, further eat, in Virginny. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

Quote from: Delmonico on January 22, 2008, 07:02:29 PM
Wrong state, further eat, in Virginny. ;)

I wasn't thinkin' of that one, but my first comment would still apply. ;) ;) ;) ;D

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Lucky Irish Tom

Dang Slim, I wasn't plannin on goin blind this early in life!  8) :o
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Delmonico

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on January 23, 2008, 05:46:53 PM
Dang Slim, I wasn't plannin on goin blind this early in life!  8) :o

Well quit lookin' at the ladies section of the Sears and Roebuck Catalog in the outhouse and maybe ya won't go blind. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Trinity

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on January 23, 2008, 09:21:59 AM
No, this'un.  ;)

Slim

Dang!  Well, don't you two look like twins? ;D ;D

Quote from: Delmonico on January 23, 2008, 06:23:40 PM
Well quit lookin' at the ladies section of the Sears and Roebuck Catalog in the outhouse and maybe ya won't go blind. ;D

Oh that's just an old wives tale... so I've been told. :o ;D

litl rooster

Quote from: Trinity on January 23, 2008, 06:53:24 PM
Dang!  Well, don't you two look like twins? ;D ;D

Oh that's just an old wives tale... so I've been told. :o ;D

So why you wearing glasses?
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com