Very Important Day In History

Started by Delmonico, November 23, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinity

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Texas Lawdog

The scene where the Germans are brought to the 101 st HQ at Bastogne. The German officer asks the American officer if the Americans will surrender. Gen. Mc Auluf's answerover the radio is "Nuts".  The German doesn't understand what the translation means. He asks the question Nuts?   Gotta love those SCREAMIN" EAGLES!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Russ T Chambers

Quote from: Sod Buster on August 16, 2008, 02:57:39 PM
Here's one more your speed, Trinity:

Built by Stinson!  You can tell by the big arse vertical stabilizer!!
Built a model of the Stinson 108 Flying Station wagon when I was a kid.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Texas Lawdog

Those little planes flew low and slow, not a good thing when folks on the ground are tryin' to shoot you out of the air.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on August 17, 2008, 03:37:37 PM
Those little planes flew low and slow, not a good thing when folks on the ground are tryin' to shoot you out of the air.

Read about someone in one in the Pacific had some Jap officer shoot at him with a pistol, guy went around and threw a can of spam at the Jap.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Delmonico on August 17, 2008, 03:42:34 PM
Read about someone in one in the Pacific had some Jap officer shoot at him with a pistol, guy went around and threw a can of spam at the Jap.

I thought that's what spam was invented fer.  Wasn't later till some GI's realized they could eat the stuff ;D
Bet it left a good sized crater.
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

litl rooster

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on August 17, 2008, 03:37:37 PM

With a pistol to boot
Mathew 5.9

Four-Eyed Buck

There were three Warbirds at the A-C airport this weekend. Nine-o-Nine( a B-17G) , a B-24, and a P-51 Mustang. Haven't been able to get up there though..............Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Texas Lawdog

Buck, Did you see any pictures of the B24?  We have a tan colored one named "Diamond LiL".

litl rooster

here's another that did some low flying but a little more suited for defence.   Like the first poster I was also stationed at Ubon and remember these planes heading out. Usually looking for a downed F-4

http://aeroweb.brooklyn.cuny.edu/specs/narock/ov-10a.htm
Mathew 5.9

Four-Eyed Buck

The B-24 was "Witchcraft", painted in OD...........Buck 8) ::) ;)

Texas Lawdog

That aircraft has gone by several names since it was first restored. Time was that our B24, "Diamond LiL" was the only flying B24. It is painted Desert Tan.

Lucky Irish Tom

Quote from: Arcey on August 15, 2008, 03:32:00 PM
All kiddin' aside. Let me know. From where you'd get inta this area 'n there, there's a thousand places to make a wrong turn. Princess Anne Road in 'n of itself is screwed up beyond a rational person's belief. Let me know where ya are I'll come get ya 'n take ya or ya can follow me. It's easy for me.

Maybe we kin talk LIT inta comin' along.   

Heck Cuzzin, I'll drive.  I've been by the place, but haven't had time to check it out.  I love WWII aircraft, used to have about a dozen models of different ones hanging in my room as a kid.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Texas Lawdog

Those WWII planes have always been special to me, especially the B25s.  Being in the CAF, has afforded me the pleasure of meeting alot these heroes that we read about as kids. Unfortunately these heroes are dying out.

Four-Eyed Buck

I still have my CAF coffee mug, TLD ;D Got it about 1989 when  a B-17 came through here on it's way back to Chino, Ca.. it had just participated in the filming of "Memphis Belle", and was still in the "Belles" paint scheme..........Buck 8) ;)

Arcey

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on August 22, 2008, 05:00:24 AM
Heck Cuzzin, I'll drive.  I've been by the place, but haven't had time to check it out.  I love WWII aircraft, used to have about a dozen models of different ones hanging in my room as a kid.

Sounds good ta me. All we await is the arrival.

Ya remember when ya noticed it, cuz? Sometines we'd leave the Tuesday mornin' BS CAS sessions 'n I went past the property takin' the back way ta Moyock. Had ta be prior to July '05.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

I lokk forward to seeing the planes, drinkin' afew Bud Lights, Talkin Cop stuff and Nascar, and the most important part, HOT DOGS!

Lucky Irish Tom

Arcey, I don't remember whae n I first saw it.  We were riding one day and they were flying over the farm, I think it was a P-51 Mustang and we were wondering where it had come from.  We left the farm and went out to check out some other areas in Pungo and saw it land.  The buildings in the photo are fancier than what they had originally on the property.  I think there used to be a crop dusting operation that used that field before this outfit got set up.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Arcey

There were a couple crop dusters sittin' outside away from the buildin' when I stopped by. Got the radio on all day 'n scan the news ever mornin'. They sure kept quiet 'bout it.

Tex, all the good stuff'll be here when ya get here.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on August 22, 2008, 08:13:52 AM
I still have my CAF coffee mug, TLD ;D Got it about 1989 when  a B-17 came through here on it's way back to Chino, Ca.. it had just participated in the filming of "Memphis Belle", and was still in the "Belles" paint scheme..........Buck 8) ;)

I prolly posted this already somewhere, but this is my trusty Zippo lighter.

"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com