Very Important Day In History

Started by Delmonico, November 23, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Tanner

On this day in history I married a hot blonde chick who likes ta shoot guns 8) :o

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Lucky Irish Tom

Nobody's gonna top that one for the day Leo!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Four-Eyed Buck

I can't think of anything ;D
Congratulations, Leo and Miz Lily ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on April 22, 2008, 08:01:06 PM
I can't think of anything ;D
Congratulations, Leo and Miz Lily ;D

I'll drink to that!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Leo Tanner

Thanks guys ;)
     Ain't a whole lot that went on taday other than the coining of this little quote...

"I know of no method to secure the repeal of bad or obnoxious laws so effective as their stringent execution." — Ulysses S. Grant, U.S. President.

I see the wisdom in this but hopefully we won't have ta go there with the 2nd ammendment.

Other than that, the Library of Congress was established taday--always wanted ta go there.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

OT, This one's for you.   On April 25, 1864 CSA Forces under General James Fagan capture a Union wagontrain trying to supply Union forces in Camden, Arkansas.Union General Fredrick Steele is forced to retreat back to Little Rock.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Texas Lawdog

Also on the 25th of April, 1945,  US and Soviet forces meet at the Elbe, River in Germany.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Leo Tanner

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

My Great Grandmother on my Dad's side of the family made the Kand Run to the Oklahoma Panhandle and settled in Texhoma, Oklahoma.  I got to meet "Tex" Hill several years ago on a SW flight to Midland from Love Field in Dallas. Tex was one of the "Flying Tigers".  One of my wife's teacher friend's father was one of Pappy Boyington's "Black Sheep". He broke one of Pappy's legs in a wrestling match. I have be fortunate to be a member of the Commenrative Air Force.  I got meet Paul Tibbits who flew the "enola Gay".  Capt Bob Morgan who flew the "Memphis Belle", and George Gay who was the only survivor of Torpedo Squadron 8 in the Battle of Midway.

Leo Tanner

Wow!
     They are all special men.  That's quite a list to have had personel contact with.
My lucky lighter...

Roland Deschain

Four-Eyed Buck

TLD, There's several names in that list that I've read about since I was a kid. I would've loved to have met them in person.........Buck 8) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Leo Tanner

MAY DAY MAY DAY.

Here's an interestin tid-bit
In 1942... Squadron No. 588 of the Soviet Air Force, an all-woman night-bombing unit equipped with Polikarpov Po-2 biplanes, is formed in the USSR. (AYY)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Delmonico

Quote from: Leo Tanner on May 01, 2008, 01:43:01 PM
MAY DAY MAY DAY.

Here's an interestin tid-bit
In 1942... Squadron No. 588 of the Soviet Air Force, an all-woman night-bombing unit equipped with Polikarpov Po-2 biplanes, is formed in the USSR. (AYY)

Leo

The night witches the Germans called them,they'ed find camps by the fires, cut the engines, glide over and straf the camp with MG's.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

On this Day in 1945, the German  troops inItaly surrender to the Allies and the Germans surrender Berlin to the Russians.

Arcey

Born this day 1885 – Gabby Hayes.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

I'd have to agree with you Slim, some them movies wouldn't have been right with out Gabby or Jingles or Slim and the other sidekicks
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

What about Smiley Burnett and Dub Taylor?

Ozark Tracker

On this day in History, Judge Isaac Parker held his first court in Ft. Smith, Ark.

During his 21 years on the bench at Fort Smith, Judge Parker sentenced 160 men to die and hanged 79 of them. It didn't take Parker long to get going. On May 10, 1875 -- only 8 days after he arrived at Fort Smith -- he opened his first term of court. Eighteen persons came before him charged with murder and 15 were convicted. Eight of them were sentenced to die on the gallows on September 3, 1875. One was killed trying to escape and a second had his sentence commuted to life in prison because of his youth.

The hanging of the remaining 6 became an extraordinary media event for its times. Newspapermen came from Little Rock, St. Louis and Kansas City. Many of the large Eastern and Northern daily newspapers sent reporters to cover the event. Even strangers from abroad filtered into the city a week before the execution. More than 5,000 persons saw the condemned men marched from jail to the gallows. There were 3 Whites, 2 Indians, and one Negro. The 6 felons were seated on a bench along the back of the gallows and their death warrants were read to them. Each was asked if he had any last words. The preliminaries over, the 6 were lined up on the scaffold while executioner George Maledon adjusted the nooses around their necks. The trap was sprung and the 6 died all at once at the end of the ropes.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Texas Lawdog

That kinda sounds like "Hang Em High".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com