Very Important Day In History

Started by Delmonico, November 23, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on April 18, 2008, 12:34:40 PM
Listen, my children, and you shall hear.................. ::)
Frisco is shakin' and burnin'
I got married the first time :o :o :-[ :-\

Wow, this was a notable date in history!  Did ya know all the details when ya chose the weddin date?
     "One if by land, two if by sea".

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

My Dad flew B25s in WW2, He was going through advanced training at Eglin field in Florida. He noticed other B25s trying to take off in short distances. No body said anything at the time, but the one's training were Doolittles Raiders. They were told after the raid.  After the raid, the unit was re organized and made part of the 12th Air Force and sent to North Africa. My Dad was transfered into the Unit and was with them for some time.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Steel Horse Bailey

Cool!

I've been a fan of Jimmy D forever!  AND his men!

As far as important days go, yesterday (the 18th of April) was the day the Robert E. Lee was offered command of the Union Army.  At midnight on the 20th, he wrote his resignation from the Army.

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Texas Lawdog

The Minnesota WING of the CAF has a B25 named "Miss Mitchell". It was an original plane of the 12th AF in another squadron of the same bomb group. A couple of the guys are orignal crew members. None of them knew Dad but it was neat to meet those guys. I hope to meet someone that served with him before they're all gone.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

My Dad was also stationed at Eglin in the early 50's
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Dad told that they would take brush with whitewash and draw a line on the runway that was the line that the planes had to be taking off by. They kept making the distance shorter and shorter. It was all hush hush then until after the raid was over.  Eglin was an advanced gunnery school at one time. In the early 70's they built the Spectre 130 GUNSHIPS for Viet Nam (the ones with the GE electric gatling guns).    I always remember GE's motto in the 60's  "Progress is our most important product".   Watching one of those Spectre's and night firing tracers is like the 4th of July. ( 6,000 rounds per minute).

litl rooster

You should try it from the sky with them. 
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Four-Eyed Buck

Leo, nope, I didn't think about that back then ::) Maybe I should've :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Leo Tanner

Thas OK Buck.
     I'm afraid to look up the date of my first wedding--prolly is full of catstophy :o  On the actual day it's self our limo driver was late causing the guitar player to make my soon ta be cry by demanding payment with no performance (had ta get to another gig) an then the limo driver got in a fight durring the cerimony cause he was blocking the road.  On the ride home we were hung up in traffic due to a horrible wreck that had just happened and our post wedding view was of dead folk layin in the road :o
     I don know if you believe in signs but I do since then.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

litl rooster

LEO is that like getting a letter from the manafactuers the day after the wedding saying, the warranty is void?
Mathew 5.9

Leo Tanner

Quote from: litl rooster on April 19, 2008, 02:11:45 PM
LEO is that like getting a letter from the manafactuers the day after the wedding saying, the warranty is void?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Roland Deschain

Leo Tanner

OK, so I did it.
     This is appropriate...

On May 23, 1865, the Army of the Potomac celebrated the end of the Civil War by parading down Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC. Only weeks before, mourners watched Abraham Lincoln's funeral cortege travel the same thoroughfare. With many buildings still dressed in black crepe, this joyous procession could not help but remind spectators of that unhappy occasion.

How fitting ;D  It also marks the beginning of the 30 year war--also aprapo :o

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

My most important Day is March 16, my wedding day. My wife and I celebrated our 34th anniversary this year.  Most ol cops like me have a few ex-wives. I am on my first and last.

Four-Eyed Buck

Congratulations, TLD, not many law-dogs can say that.
Also on this day, Wyatt found himself unemployed in Wichita...........Buck 8) ::) :o

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on April 19, 2008, 06:30:33 PM
My most important Day is March 16, my wedding day. My wife and I celebrated our 34th anniversary this year.  Most ol cops like me have a few ex-wives. I am on my first and last.

Good fer you TL :D
     Me an Lil's is on Tuesday.  Wish she was my one an only but at least we got here one way er the other.  You have alot ta be proud of ;)  Don hear a that much anymore!

Leo

Roland Deschain

Texas Lawdog

She is a very special lady and she desrves a medal for putting up with me and the fact that I'm a cop. I don't know what I would do without her.

Steel Horse Bailey

I'm not a cop, but ex-military.  Very similar in the ex-wives department.  I have one.

But I've been married to a very special Lady for over 20 years now and she has put up with some  ... stuff - I'll tell you!  The first marriage lasted 14 1/2 years, then a 2.5 year break.  Then I found my Sweetie.  It was truly "Love at First Sight!"  She's an ex-soldier herself and has a medal for "Bravery Under Fire" * see below (British Army; WRAC - Women's Royal Army Corps - doesn't exist anymore) so she has a pretty good grasp on the life!  I don't deserve to be so lucky!!  :)

* In the old British Army, the WRAC members WEREN'T SUPPOSED to be near any shooting.  But when she was in North Ireland, she ended up accompanying patrols to help with any women prisoners/suspects.  They got ambushed one time when she was on patrol.  Bad times.

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Texas Lawdog

Four-Eyed Buck

The Red Baron was shot down on this day. There are conflicting reports on who actually was responsible. One report says Australian ground troops, the other credits RAF Capt. Roy Brown...........Buck 8) ::) :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com