Very Important Day In History

Started by Delmonico, November 23, 2005, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinity

Quote from: Ozark Tracker on April 06, 2008, 11:03:48 AM
I thought ya was getting ready to post a new Avatar and tell us that was yer alias  ;D

Naw, I'm still the Chicory Kid. ;D ;D ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Texas Lawdog

They do Deep Fried Twinkies at the State Fair of Texas.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

"Tis a law they have to have them at all State Fairs.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Leo Tanner

Quote from: Delmonico on April 06, 2008, 03:02:23 PM
"Tis a law they have to have them at all State Fairs.

Did Twinkie the Kid Himself approve this?  Or was it a liberty taken after his untimely demise--like things running higgldy piggldy at Kentucky Fried after the Colonel went to his great reward?

OK fine, I'll try one  ::)

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Texas Lawdog

They also do Deep Fried Snickers bars at the State Fair of Texas.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

A friend in HS worked at a fast food place, they fried all kinds of things like bugs and somebodies tennis shoe. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Trinity

God bless the crispy golden fried jacket draped over so many state-fair foods.  I love deep fried foods. ;D

For all those who think that Americans are the most unhealthy, I only offer this:  Deep fried candy bars (specifically the Mars bar) were first made in Scotland. ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Four-Eyed Buck

Of course there's always the ever popular Kentucky Fried rat, too. Had a case of this here in Canton yearss ago.........Buck 8) ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Trinity

Well, y'all know what I always say...  If it walks crawls or slithers...  Everything tastes good with a coating on it. ;D  Well, not really everything.  I still don't like deep fried Okra. :P :P :P

Leo Tanner

The key to any deep fried food is smothering it in some kinda dipping sauce.  ;D

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Ozark Tracker

Leo, Jackie would agree with ya on that dipping, as long as it was Ranch dressing  ;D

Myself I just like it with no dip of any kind.  it's just good all by itself
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Leo Tanner

Ranch came ta mind fer me too, but there's a lot ta be said fer BBQ, tartar, and in special cases bloo cheese.  Even mayo will do but i like to mix stuff in it.  Out here they call it "aoli"--but it's jus dressed up mayo (an no no no not that wretched Miracle Whip that AINT mayonaise)  ;)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Ozark Tracker

well now ya can't have too much mustard on stuff,  a good corndog just drowned in  mustard,  when I was a kid, I'd take my mashed taters and add a few dips of mustard to it. ;D

Leo Tanner

I can't believe I fergot the mustard!
     I corn dog without mustard is a crime.  I seen lots a folks dip em in catsup an I can't figgur em out.  Oh well, ta each there own.

Funny how we got here from the birth of the Twinkee.  I love the internet  ;D  Thanks Trin, fer finding the diamond in this coal bin of a day in history  ;)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Ozark Tracker

I like just a dab of catsup on french fries and a little on meat loaf, but that's it for catsup

now on fried chicken, lots of honey ;D

Texas Lawdog

Tabasco sauce on fried okra.  Heinz 57 sauce on French fries and crispy hashbrowns. Tabasco on them too.

Leo Tanner

At the risk of being shunned er shot, April 9th has a big memory.

Appomattox Court House is a village located three miles (5 km) east of Appomattox, Virginia, USA (25 miles east of Lynchburg, Virginia, in the southern part of the state), famous as the site of the Battle of Appomattox Courthouse and containing the house of Wilmer McLean, where the surrender of the Confederate Army under Robert E. Lee to Union commander Ulysses S. Grant took place on April 9, 1865, effectively ending the American Civil War. The site is now commemorated as Appomattox Court House National Historical Park, a National Historical Park.

Roland Deschain

Ozark Tracker

well there was a few that fought on.  had a Cherokee grandpappy that served under Stand Watie   ;D

June 23, 1865. When the leaders of the Confederate Indians learned that the government in Richmond had fallen and the Eastern armies had been surrendered, they, too, began making their plans to seek peace with the Federal government. The chiefs convened the Grand Council June 15 and passed resolutions calling for Indian commanders to lay down their arms and for emissaries to approach Federal authorities for peace terms.

The largest force in Indian Territory was commanded by Confederate Brig. Gen. Stand Watie, who was also a chief of the Cherokee Nation. Dedicated to the Confederate cause and unwilling to admit defeat, he kept his troops in the field for nearly a month after Lt. Gen. E. Kirby Smith surrendered the Trans-Mississippi May 26. Finally accepting the futility of continued resistance, on June 23 Watie rode into Doaksville near Fort Towson in Indian Territory and surrendered his battalion of Creek, Seminole, Cherokee, and Osage Indians to Lt. Col. Asa C. Matthews, appointed a few weeks earlier to negotiate a peace with the Indians. Watie was the last Confederate general officer to surrender his command.

Texas Lawdog

One of the last battles was fought on the Palmetto Ranch in Texas.

Leo Tanner

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COL. POTTER!!!Harry Morgan has 93 candles on his cake today.  I salute you, sir.

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com