Anyone have a "floating firing pin" Uberti SAA replica?

Started by Virginia Gentleman, January 31, 2017, 06:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyceP

So I went to the range this morning. 44 Special handloads were accurate but the 2400 powder was messy. Lots of unburned flakes. I will have to use AA#5 or some other powder from now on.

Uberti made the change to the retractable firing pin around 2016 so the GCA 1968 was not a factor - 1968 is many years removed from 2016. Fortunately Gun Parts Corp. (Numrich) makes reproductions so we can go back to the way Uberti built revolvers in the "old" days.

Abilene

Quote from: RoyceP on Today at 12:18:49 PM...Uberti made the change to the retractable firing pin around 2016 so the GCA 1968 was not a factor - 1968 is many years removed from 2016. Fortunately Gun Parts Corp. (Numrich) makes reproductions so we can go back to the way Uberti built revolvers in the "old" days.

I don't know if GCA was a factor, but by changing to the retractable FP they were able to eliminate the 2-position base pin and go back to the standard pin.  Taylors has had the parts available for quite some time, quite a bit less than VTI, not sure how they did that, but hammers are $100 and trigger $20.  I have bought two of them, just to have on hand in case I run into some 3-clickers that I want. 
https://www.taylorsfirearms.com/1873-cattleman-original-style-4-click-parts.html

BTW, Cimarron's Old Model (BP frame) Model P's are STILL 4-click, and their Arizona Ranger (replacement for the Evil Roy) competition guns are pre-war frame but are also 4-click.

p.s. Royce, I could tell it was an older pic because of the trigger being further forward  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com