Lots of fun and 1st place to boot

Started by Peddler Parsons, October 21, 2015, 06:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peddler Parsons

Shot our first Oklahoma State B.P. Championship and it was a lot of fun even with some rain the first day and dead still the second day; but to watch and listen to some of the 1st time b.p. shooters trying to see the targets and then fuss about the smoke and  then ask HOW THE HELL !! can you see the shot that fast and still hit the targets? I told them that shooting Duelist is not all that fast you just remember where the targets are at. But  when all was said and done everybody had a good time.

Coffinmaker

I tell them I use an electromagnetic magneto driven target locator mounted in leu of the rammer arm, that always causes my guns to
point to the target.  The auto-trigger is coil spring driven with a gas operated re-cocker.  And ...... (gasp) ...... some of them believe it!!

Coffinmaker   ;D

hellgate

I love it when novice BP shooters take a walk on the dark side. Suddenly I get more respect, although not really that much. ;D
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Slowhand Bob

Patience, the smoke will clear in time!

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

FUN! FUN! FUN! Glad to see another shooter join the Dark Side.

Keep both eyes open. At least it gives you twice as many chances to see what's happnin!
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Dick Dastardly

Memorize a mental image of precisely where the largest targets are.  Then, when the smoke thickens simply shoot that big steel.  Make it ring and ring and ring.  The spotters can't tell and so, . . . . . . . . . . you're golden.  Why do you think my name is Dastardly?

DD-MDA
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

That really is dastardly, Dick! :D

Another devious tactic that some scoundrels employ is practice, compounded by preparation. ;D
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Truly Grits

Personally, I like and use DD's method; Get them scoring by ear and you are golden.
A wise person once said ...
There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good.
So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't.
Life is too short to be anything but happy.
Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living. Cheers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com