Author Topic: Shotgun Question  (Read 3294 times)

The Arapaho Kid

Shotgun Question
« on: November 09, 2005, 12:11:40 PM »

This is the model 1887 Winchester, Lever Action Shotgun.  I haven't a clue as to how many rounds it holds.  My question(s) on this are:  If one could find one of these in shootable condidion, could he/she use it in CAS?  Question 2:  If this can be used in CAS would the shooter have to load one round at a time, or could they do a full load and lever fire?

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Shotgun Question
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 12:15:23 PM »
Arapaho, Coyote Cap is working with a manufacturer to reproduce these guns.  A few have actually start making it to the people who pre-ordered.  So the answer is yes, they are SASS legal.  You would be limited to loading two max unless stage instructions specified something different.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Wrangler Rich

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 12:20:32 PM »
The way I understand it, this model can be modified to load 2 from the top at one time thereby letting you lever,fire,lever,fire.  Could be worth alot of "Style Points" Rap. 8)
Hiram's Ranger # 10
It's not like it used to be, but it'll do.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:11:04 PM »

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 01:27:53 PM »
Two rounds only?  Well that's only fair!  A full load would give the shooter an unfair advantage over the 97 and double barrel shooters.  I could handle that!  As for style points.  I can see that happening with a lever shotgun.  That's a rare critter like my Colt Lightning and ya don't see a whole lot of those at a shoot.  I think I might have to start haunting gun shows and dealers and see if I can dig one of these up!  If i do and the price is right.......it's mine!

Offline Stump Water

• I ain't gonna worry about it.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 01:30:56 PM »
If the photos are accurate, this is about as good an original as you're going to find.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=39952320

Yeah Rich, that's called the "drop two mod".  Done by a feller goes by Fireball.

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 01:33:14 PM »
Oooohhhh....Pretty!
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

The Arapaho Kid

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 02:00:33 PM »
If the photos are accurate, this is about as good an original as you're going to find.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=39952320

Yeah Rich, that's called the "drop two mod".  Done by a feller goes by Fireball.

Looked at that gun.  Bid $804.00?  Ouch!  But then...it is an original!  I wonder if the replicas are going to be cheaper?

Offline Micheal Fortune

• Top Active Citizen
    • Micheal Fortune
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 02:48:27 PM »
There is a '01 in 10 gage at one of our local sporting good shops, looks the same, price tag of $1,200

When Cap gets enough of his in country so they aren't such a collectors item like they are now, I'll probably order one from him... Can't have too many shotguns.  ;)
Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Offline Coop Trawlaine

• Come sit by the fire and I'll tell ya a story.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Author-Member Western Writers of America
    • Walt Lange Word Slinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 10:16:51 PM »
At the shoot I was at this weekend there were three contestants on my posse that were using the lever action shotgun, dang you talk about fast, whoooie.   These boys had it down pat, dropping one shell direct to the chamber and the other in the load pipe like it was nothing at all.  Close lever fire, lever fire...bam bam
Coop Trawlaine SASS #63617, SCORRS, WartHog, SUDDS #188, IPSAC #47
Aka: Walt Lange
"Trawlaine" ISBN 1-4137-7738-4
"Trawlaine's Land" ISBN -09479379-0-8
Western Writers of America
Society of Southwestern Authors
www.waltlange.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com