C&B Colt vs Remington article is finished

Started by Bottom Dealin Mike, July 21, 2015, 11:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottom Dealin Mike

The Remington vs Colt Article is done...just need to transmit it to the big Harris computer in NYC!
Here are the poll results. In the poll "Yes" means you own both a Remington NMA and a Colt 1860..."No" means you only own the one you prefer.
Overall Colt came out on top. But if you only own one of the guns, it is almost always a Remington.
If you own both guns Colts are much preferred. In fact, in the comments area, lots of people who said they thought the Remington was a better gun for technical reasons...Solid frame, sights, etc, said they preferred actually shooting their Colts.
All in all pretty interesting. Thanks for the help.

Major 2

I'm particularly elated to see you doing a by-line in GOTOW ...last few videos intro's you had omitted

" Hi !  I'm MB,  Black Powder Editor for Guns Of the Old West Magazine "... .... that and the Editor fact page in the magazine had not listed your name    :-\

I missed you ...and care little about BB guns which had predominate location in the last issue.

I look forward to seeing your article  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

PJ Hardtack

I have either currently owned or once owned ALL the Colt "wedgies" from a little .31 to the .44 Walker, including a pair of 9" Patersons. The only one I kept was the 2nd Gen .44 3rd Model Dragoon. It works.

When I shoot 'Frontiersman', I use my .44 Remingtons, a mix of Uberti, Pietta and Pedersoli models. They don't shoot loose and shoot to point of aim.

Best one was built from a kit by someone who knew what he was doing. Not the best finished, but who cares .... ?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com