Whatcha like about SASS?

Started by Mustang Gregg, November 08, 2005, 10:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang Gregg

Pards & Gals:

What do you like about SASS?

For Calamity JoAnne & me anyhoo:
#1.  Shootin' lead & the freedom to do it.
#2.  The friends that we shoot & socialize with.
#3.  Wearin' Old West duds & guns.  FANTASY FUN!!
#4.  The actual socializin'.
#5.  Travelin' to new ranges.   ::)  Not as much now with $2.05 gas price.

Kinda in that there order. ???

We ain't fast shooters, but we have a hell of a good time tryin' to be.

What do you all like about SASS?

Mustang Gregg
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

PWDFR POSSE

I like all the cool folks & friends I have made since I signed on with SASS.  Other than that, I ain't sayin' nuttin' about SASS! ;)

The Arapaho Kid

Well Gosh!  I always wanted to be a cowboy!  Now that I have taken up this sport and got all the paraphrenalia that goes with it.......I ARE ONE!  I like the fellowship that SASS members have with each other.  The common bond that holds us together.  If you go to a shoot and come up short with something....someone there will have what you need and let you borrow it.  I like all the friendship and joking around that goes on at a shoot.  I'm officially retired and I needed something to do with my spare time.  SASS and CAS gave that to me.

West Fargo

Well I like everything ya could think of about SASS. ;D

West

Camille Eonich

Before I reply let's define SASS as the Single Action Shooting Society and CAS as Cowboy Action Shooting.

Now for my reply.  ;D

• I like that SASS came up with the idea of CAS
  • I like that SASS is trying to set a standard for CAS
  • I like that SASS is attracting new shooters to CAS
  • I like that SASS is generating interest in history (Before the other CAS disciplines jump on this just let me say that SASS is one of the largest marketers of CAS out there and most of the shooters that join other discilplines were first exposed to SASS

There's a lot of things that I like about SASS and some things that I think could be done better but the question was NOT what do I think that SASS could do better or what do I NOT like about SASS.
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Bitterwheat

Marshal harpoluke

:D

SASS is the framework for Cowboy reenactment, a chance to live a Cowboy fantisy in a modern uncowboy world.  I was born to it, grew up on a ranch, (at least in da summer) had those values instilled in me since a kid.

SASS sets a decient and orderly method to live out the cowboy shooting lifestyle.

Many pards to meet, lots of fun, sometimes sorrow(911 naw Ah don't fergit),always hope, N the courage to ride on.

SASS is not perfect, but in da words of da Duke, ' You'll Do'.
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Wrangler Smith

I wish it did not take me so long to join. I did civil war reenacting for about 15 years. First went to SASS shoot in 1998 ,but kept putting it off. Freinds kept asking me to  come to a shoot again. Finally went and have not looked back since. I like how everyone will help you out , especially to shoot at different clubs. I didn't know what I was missing. Glad to be here.                                 BC

RRio

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks like Camille summed it up for me, too.  8)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

dangerranger

I like to shoot. I like the people Ive meet. I like to shoot. This has been a good excuse to buy more guns. I like to shoot. Did I mention I like to shoot?
Life is a rush into the unknown, You can duck down real low and hope nothing hits you, Or stand up tall, show it your teeth,and say "Dish it up Baby and dont get stingy with the Peppers!!!"

PWDFR POSSE

Just a small correction if I may?  SASS did not come up with the idea of CAS.  CAS was around long before SASS was ever conceived or the Wild Bunch, for that fact!  When I was a lad of 10 or so, I would go with a friend on summer vacation to a relatives ranch in Montana & CAS was alive & well back then.  I am 50, so I quess that was long before SASS! ;)

SASS may have put together the rule book & started a club, but that's it!

Matthew Duncan

I can dress like a cowboy and not get put away.

Playing with 45s!
Major General J.E.B. Stuart's Division
Captain 1st Maryland Artillery, C.S.A.
SASS# 23189

Disclaimer:  I have not slept in any hotel recently, not a certified CAS rule web lawyer.  Have not attended any RO III or RO VI classes.  Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

Mustang Gregg

Good one, Matthew!!! ;D

Wish I could wear my Old West duds ever'day!!

MG
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

dangerranger

MG, theres a couple of shooters I work with that wouldnt try cas because they didnt want to" dress up ".So one day I ask a friend of my wifes husband to go along and explained that all he needed was a hat and boots to start with. his answer was " hell I dress like that to go to work". so dont feel alone.DR.
Life is a rush into the unknown, You can duck down real low and hope nothing hits you, Or stand up tall, show it your teeth,and say "Dish it up Baby and dont get stingy with the Peppers!!!"

SGT John Chapman

MG,......I'm with the Rest of em,........CAS is what your enjoyin not SASS,..........I wish there was a W3G version of CAS a little closer to shoot,.............
Regards,
Sgt Chapman

##**EXTREME WARTHOG**##
            ~~GAF #143~~
               **SCORRS**
             ~*RATS #165*~

CAS City Profile For Sgt John Chapman

Mustang Gregg

I understand SASS.  It's a biz.
But I have been tol' that CAS is a REGISTERED TM of SASS.  An' not to be used for anythin' else.

I really started this post because there was an NCOWS post of somethin' like, "What do ya like about NCOWS?" 
So I wanted a to get an altenative viewpoint, not concernin' NCOWS issues.

Mustang Gregg
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Forty Rod

I get to be me, like I really am.

And if folks don't like me, I still get to be me and they can tamp sand.  Lots of other folks do like me.

There's room for everybody.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com