can't find copy of "Basic Cap & Ball Servicing"

Started by Hogleg Hunter, May 22, 2015, 12:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogleg Hunter

Anyone know where I can find a copy? DGW and S&S Firearms both were out of stock.

john boy

Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

Hogleg Hunter

As stated in my original post DGW is out of stock on this item. Didn't tell me until after I had entered all my information including credit card information.

john boy

QuoteDidn't tell me until after I had entered all my information including credit card information.
Called'lazy data processing" so each product in back order or out of stock doesn't have to be tagged in 2 different routines
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

Fox Creek Kid

So, what is so special about this book? Has anyone here ever read it?  ???

Navy Six

Yes, bought a copy about 10 years ago. The author, Richard Halter(or compiler as he calls himself) gives credit to Larry Weisz, a gunsmith he met in the 1950s, for imparting most of the information in the book. Mr. Weisz was of course working on originals at that time. There are illustrations of every Colt model, Remington, Cooper, Starr and Whitney models, as well as detail instructions on trouble shooting, repair, metal joining&finishing, parts interchangibility--in short, just about any problem you are likely to face with a cap & ball revolver. Worth adding to anyone's library.
Originally published:
The Old Cadet Division
T.P.I. Sales, Inc.
P.O. Box 20038
Columbus, Ohio 43220
There was no web address provided. My copy says "Third Edition", July 2005
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com