Author Topic: Shotgun question  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shotgun question
« on: November 05, 2005, 03:31:24 PM »
I bought this double barrell in 1964 at a garage sale, I was 14, thought I was going to get skinned when I got home.  It is a Wm Moore & Co.  London.  one of the hammers wouldn't lock back when I got it,  had that repaired and shot it several times over the years. with light loads.

Does anybody have an idea about when it could have made.  It has 24 inch barrels, barrel lock is on the side. The firing pins can be removed by unscrewing the cap housing over them. nothing much special just a pretty good old shotgun.

We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Nolan Sackett

• Frontier Knifemaker & Leather Smith
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Wild Rose Trading Co
  • Liked:
Re: Shotgun question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 03:39:44 PM »

Track of the Wolf has one for sale and the credits date it as between 1859-1870

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/categories/partDetail.aspx?catId=12&subId=79&styleId=276&partNum=AAB-037
aka Chuck Burrows
Frontier Knifemaker & Leather Smith

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 07:11:42 AM »
Nolan, thanks for pointing out the site.  I would have liked to see what they were asking for their gun.

The time frame goes along with the story the old man told me when I bought it.  He found the gun (he said) in the old house he lived in. It was a big 2 story house that had been buildt in the 1880's.  It had been built with a basement stable, a place for a couple of horses and the buggy with a door large enough to drive the buggy in.  The house had been a boarding house when built along a stagecoach route through the Creek Nation of Indian territory,  It was converted into a saloon/boarding house when more white's came into the Indian Nation. It was later turned into a private residence.
It would be interesting to know how the gun came to be there.  I gave $15.00 for it in 1964. I was around 14, big money deal then
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:32:33 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com