Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up

Started by Major 2, December 31, 2014, 11:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major 2

Hey Gus , I had one of those Jukar flintlock rifles imported by CVA in the 70's.... hadn't seen one in 20 + years.
That is until I visited the Bass Pro in Springfield Mo. the Stair railing to the NRA Museum is made from these ... 

Pretty cool idea  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Quote from: pony express on January 23, 2015, 06:48:22 PM
And now when  anything goes wrong, the whole company can say "It's all Slim's fault".
Yep.  ::)

Quote from: Arcey on January 24, 2015, 05:45:54 AM
Poor Slim. Don't get no respect.
That's fer sure.

Quote from: Gus Walker on January 24, 2015, 08:18:00 AM
;D  Mornin alll. Got the goffe black and strong. Got some navy beans and ham on the stove for this evenin. Weather sucks this mornin so i think i'll spend the day tunin up my new used Jukar flintlock KY. Think i'll thaw out some ground venison fer a meat loaf too.
Pictures!  ;)

Oldest clone has a belated HS grad party at 1:30 PM.

'Tis 28 and overcast. High of 35.

Slim

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

Slim, A executive of your stature gets no respect! I went back to sleep and woke up to find that the Cawffee pot was empty. I'll start another pot for us late risers. Breakfast is planned for later.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

I have dies and bullets for 32 SW My 32 mag dies will do it, same thing, yer too far away.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

I had some sourdough toast with my Cawffee for a late breakfast. No plans for lunch. The sun is out, but the wind makes it chilly outside.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Russ T Chambers

52 outside, supposed to go to 54, but I think we'll pass that.  Clear deep blue sky that would make a great backdrop for Arcey's  eagles.  Our eagles seem to stay located down between Carson City and Genoa.  About 50 miles south of us, so I don't get to see them too often.

Did grilled marinade salmon last night (one of She Who Still Works) favorites.  Turned out great!

Did a homemade Egg McMuffins  with cheese and ham for breakfast for both of us this morning.

Tonight is deep fry night.  My version of Hooters Hot Wings, deep fried onion rings and French fries.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Lucky Irish Tom

If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Major 2

Cleared up nicely, breezy @ 15 MPH  claims say headed down to 40° , out here in the stick I think a bit lower.

Warned up the stew beef dish for lunch.... I think its burgers tonight. 

Texas Lawdog

Moose has been gone all day to the Kimble Art Museum in Fort Worth. She is fixing me a sausage/cheese omelette for supper tonight. It has windy and cool all day.

Arcey

Reckon they found Home Depot didn't rig 'em ta blow up, cuz. Heck, from what I've seen HD ain't got employees smart 'nuff ta rig 'em ta blow up. I dunno.

Guessers missed the hell outta it. Forty sumthin' now 'n that's warmer'n been all day. Thought I'd freeze in the breeze shootin' the neighborhood eagles. They put onna show too. Caught 'em gettin' a blow dry after a soakin' rain on their cell tower. Left when they did 'n met 'em at the nest. Watched some construction materials brought it. Saw a curious juvenile flyin' 'round. One kept watchin' 'n finally took off after 'im but no dog fight. She/he decided ta leave 'em be 'n say TTFN.

Whilst that was happenin' so was the soup. Mighty fine when ya gotta chill in ya. That 'n whatever the thing is they're runnin' in Daytona ought ta put me out for the night in short order.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

Coffees on here, must everyone else slept in. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Major 2

Watch'n' the Panhandle nestlings , someone has control of the joystick and is panning the skyline , I see buildings in short distance.
I guess there looking Romeo or Juliette ... :-\

Mecum closes today , and the Hot-rods, collectors, & resto-mods head out, with new car-takers ...some 4600 crossed the gavel

"SHE" s off to the Sky Pilot's ... I did in fact sleep in

Texas Lawdog

I plead guilty to sleeping in this morning. Moose is making some lemon-raspberry muffins and I am guzzling Cawffee. It will be a 2 pot morning.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Sackett is sick, so I staying home with him. My agenda today is to finish my verk self eval since I don't have time to do it at verk.  ::)

'Tis 18 and light flurries. WC 3.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

I fixed some oatmeal and toast for a late breakfast. Moose took Victoria to the park for some exercise. She always goes to sleep when she gets home. It is supposed to get up to the middle 60s today, it still feels cool outside.

Gus Walker

;D Waitin on the good old 8 olcock coffee to finish perkin.. yep thats right perkin. None of that drip stuff here. So i figured a picture of the Jukars wouldnt take too long. not too bad for 25 yards and never shot a flinter before.

Aye its been quite a ride aint it?

Blair

I had a CVA/Spanish made variation that was vary similar to this rifle back in the late 1960's.
It was very accurate, not in authenticity, but in how well it shot.
At least until the sear and tumbler went bad. No parts were available to get it back up and running again.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Four-Eyed Buck

Had sausage gravy(canned) and biscuits this morning. Just been waiting for the  predicted storm to start, it was late. Snowin' to beat the band here now. Talked to the Boss a bit ago, gonna be a real early morning( 4 A.M.), will be plowing and salting.

It's 26 with some WC, didn't look at it ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Major E A Sterner

This don't look good...
Major Nor'easter Could Cripple Hudson Valley and Northeast

January 25, 2015 at 5:00 am
Posted by: Bill Potter 5 Comments

In a matter of 36 hours... virtually all of the computer data has begun to point toward an event, that will no doubt be a historic one.  The only question is for who?

Go here for more info.
http://hudsonvalleyweather.com/major-noreaster-cripple-hv-northeast/
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Lucky Irish Tom

Hunker down n be safe Majer!

Finished a few projects around here, waiting for 1099s so we can finish the taxes. Looks like we get a refund this year, makes retirement even better.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com