Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up

Started by Major 2, December 31, 2014, 11:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcey

Pretty weather taday. Right at sixty 'n sun. Not much air movin'. A bonus day for January.

Pork 'n stuff was pretty decent. Collards, fan-freakin'-tastic! Hate ta see 'em go but I gotta couple more bowls left 'fore that happens.

Ain't wanted for court tomorrow. Hope that holds for Thursday. OFSDAR party. Friday I don't care.

Almost rack time. Y'all sleep well.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Delmonico

Did fried fowl bosum, she bought some the other day and looked at me with those puppy eyes and wanted me to make it.  OK, I agreed to do it once a year, reminded her I done it twice last year, but that didn't count I guess. ::)  Wasn't bad as fowl things go, pounded them a smidgin, soaked in beaten egg for an hour or so and dredged them in flour, even fresh ground the pepper.  Fried em in pig stuff and had corn that had been soaked in drain cleaner, the only way I like canned corn, wen't bad at all to tell the truth.   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Have to be at verk at 06:00 for a system update.

'Tis 24 and dark. "Cloudy. Light snow likely in the morning...then a chance of light snow in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the upper 20s. Light and variable wind. Chance of snow 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Major 2

Calls for another $1 any size cup of Jo morning  :)  best deal going here about's,  
besides gas was lowest so far @ $1.90 a gal.  so I filled up...

"SHE" is enjoying the Job... pulled in yesterday morning and 3 deer were in the parking area, regulars say they are up almost every morning.
As SHE was leaving spotted a Eagle , and was excited to see a pair of otters playing in the Creek along side the road in.

Down side is the State compensates every two weeks , but that's no big deal really and they do direct deposit.
SHE already knows she's gonna like the position, today she's alone as all are in the field, and Biologist is traveling to Ocala.
when planets align...do the deal !

Four-Eyed Buck

31 and snowing here. Might have an inch on the ground fresh. Looks like I'll be tossing salt at least ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Arcey

Sorry ta hear, Buck.

Mornin'.

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50º, or so they say. Lookin' forward to it.

Gotta remember ta make sure a couple revolvers are clean 'n inventory the equipment.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

I have a Pot ready to drink this morning. It looks like cold and rain for the next two days. I will stay inside for the duration. I hope the snow stays north of the Mason-Dixon Line.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Texas Lawdog

The rain has not arrived yet and the temp is hovering around 50. I did not eat breakfast until 1100, so lunch will be skipped. I guess we will have more beans, potato salad, and smoked sausage for supper tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Four-Eyed Buck

We got about 3 inches of the stuff. Was out in the plow truck until almost noon. It didn't quit until almost 10:30. Plowed park twice, no salt on road,tended to melt after being plowed. Only salt tossed was around the barn area and the mail boxes. Speaking of salt, we've had bags stolen twice now from our staging/loading area. 4 or 5 disappeared last night,plus one was dropped by the skid and broke open. That was the clue that we were hit again ::) >:(

Arcey

Hey.

Don't look it me, Buck. Doc won't let me do salt.

Not too bad out taday. L'il cooler was all.

Tripped o'er a bird goin' to an off site this mornin'. Waited around for flight. Didn't. Went on. Come back 'n the bird's still there. Got set up. Ain't there no time when the bird, uhhh, lightened the load. Raptors do that before they fly. Caught it right pretty.

Fat lady's headed to the gym. I'm cleanin' revolvers. Sent a text. She's got the birds workin' on the nest on Princess Anne. Hauled tail. Got a few but the light was runnin' out. Keepers tho.

Speakin' of revolvers. Court don't want me. Two more calls to make. The next one after the shoot.

She did cube steak, mashed taters 'n I did collards. Prolly be sumthin' quick tomorrow cuz neither of us'll feel like messin' with it. Rack time shortly.

Delmonico

Forgot to tell you Arcey, jerry told me last week he's been seeing a pair when he's out driving the school bus, they like a road killed deer along the route, but then not much fish up in that country cept fish sticks and tuna at the grocery store.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Arcey

Mornin'.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 52º. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning. If they're right it should be fairly nice.

Thanks, Del. Like hearin' good news of the growin' population. M2's birds, or specifically the female, done found three road-killed storks 'n brought what's left to the eaglets. Still got some feathers 'n bones layin' in the nest as we speak.

Four-Eyed Buck

26 here.Dark yet.

We've got some small raptors hanging around the park and adjacent areas.Ranging from the big Red Tails to some smaller ones. Have noticed one of the smaller ones twice in the last week or so. Once in one of the trees around the barn/club house, and once on a wire going up the hill towards 77. Haven't seen much of the pigeons that usually hang around in the upper section of the barn( storage area). Believe that one has been dining on squab ::)

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 20 and overcast. High of 28.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

I have another pot started. It has been raining here since 1500 yesterday, and it is still raining . A good day to stay inside. Oatmeal and toast are on the menu for breakfast. You folks can keep the snow up North.

Major 2

For Arcey   http://www.myparkphotos.com/51100/photographs.html

Bald Eagle in 3 Lakes © Steve Ball
Three Lakes Wildlife Management Area , Florida , United States

This is were "SHE" took the position of Office manager

A great Place to photograph Bald Eagles

Three Rivers Wildlife Management Area is located about 25 miles south of St. Cloud, Florida on Canoe Creek Road. The birds that may be seen on the main road include Bald Eagles, Crested Caracara, Red Cockaded Woodpeckers, Sandhill Cranes, plus the usual south Florida water birds.

A good place to start your bird photography is a visit to Brinson Park on Lake Tohopekaliga. [Known locally as lake Toho.] Brinson Park is located on Neptune Road [County Road 525] in Kissimmee, Florida. On a recent trip, we spotted a Bald Eagle in flight over the lake as soon as we got out of the car. We also photographed Woodstorks, Snowy and Great Egrets, Anhinga, Double Crested Cormorants, Moorhens, Great Blue and Little Blue Herons, and more.

If you continue East on Neptune Road you will come to Canoe Creek Road [County Road 523]. Turn south
. In a short time you will leave the city behind. At this point, watch for Eagles, Caracara and whooping cranes. Caracaras and Bald eagles are very likely to be seen either perched in trees or in flight.

Just before arriving at the Three Lakes Wildlife Management Area, you will come to Joe Overstreet Road. This road cuts off to the right [west]. This road leads to a boat ramp on Lake Kissimmee. You may as we did see Whooping Cranes feeding in pastures. We also saw Bald Eagles. The area here is private, so take your photographs from the road right of way. At the end of the road is a boat ramp, tackle shop and air boat tours.

After returning to Canoe Creek Road continue south
to the Three Lakes WMA. There is an entrance fee of $3 per person [max $6 per vehicle]. The area on both sides of the road contain Red Cockaded Woodpeckers. Nest trees are marked with white paint.

Road 16 in the WMA is a good road for birding. Not long after leaving the main road take the side road to the boat ramp. This will take you to Lake Jackson. On our recent visit, three Bald Eagles circled the boat ramp for 15 or more minutes. If you get to the ramp before the fisherman arrive, you may find Limpkins.

Return to road 16 and take it to the end. Along the way you will pass over some canals where wading birds are common. At the end of the road is the Jackson-Kissimmee Canal. We saw Bald Eagles here along with the common water birds. Road 10 goes through an area noted for Florida Grasshopper Sparrows.

Return to Canoe Creek Road. Here you can go left and travel back to St. Cloud or turn right and continue to US 441. If you go south
on 441, you can access at Kissimmee Prarie. [From 441 take County Road 68 to US 98.] Bald Eagles and Caracara are commonly seen on 441 in this area. You may also see Snail Kites and Turkeys.

Lucky Irish Tom

Mornin, thanks for the coffee Slim!

Well Urologist appointment today, annual check on the pipes. Cardiologist in a few weeks, it's nice to know I can keep the medical profession well employed in my old age.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Major 2

Took a PTO.... have fencing contractor doing the pool area & back yard proper .... in black 5' estate spiked picket fencing

I have fencing around the perimeter of the acreage, but it's not really a child barrier, I mean it is legal in the " sense of the law ".
But should there had been accident, a shyster could force a liability case,  pounding out letter law !

Not worth the worry... with "SHE" working and not at home part of the time.... :-\

May see a small return on the Home policy , which more than likely will be eclipsed with any new rate hikes in the future  ::)

Texas Lawdog

LIT, Us Old People do keep the medical profession game fully employed for a long time. If I had known that I would live this long, I would have taken better care of myself when I was young, and didn't care.

Four-Eyed Buck

Amen,Brother TLD ;)

Had icy roads to deal with this morning, another 1100 lbs. of salt spread. Company is looking into fencing in our salt storage area, probably a 12x16 pen with double gates. We also replaced the scrape plate on the plow this morning. Them things is HEAVY!!! :o ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com