Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up

Started by Major 2, December 31, 2014, 11:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. It feels like a 2 Pot morning. I slept in this morning. The Jambalaya turned out good, I added some shrimp about 10 minutes before it was done. It started out with shredded chicken and smoked sausage. The crock pot did a good job. I had a loaf of French bread and a salad to go with it.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Delmonico

Forgot, I was woke at 3 am by tornado sirens, and it was 0 out.  LOL a mouse set it off, a defective computer mouse.  at Emergency Management.  LOL
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Willie Dixon

evening everyone,

apparently something good has happened:  Meg is getting us some In-n-Out burgers for dinner.  She and I reserve their special burgers for unique celebratory occasions.  Started back when I got my El Camino and first stop in her was In-n-Out.  Now, not saying it's the only time we eat there... but lately there's usually a reason.

still on the "hunt."  But it's looking good.  My 6th sense still works, the first place Meg went to for lending has a shady reputation, so we're going someplace else on top of what BofA says.  We have an appointment tomorrow.  Hopefully by Friday we'll be putting in an offer.  We're cutting it close, but hopefully we'll only have to stay here for another month or so.  Hopefully.

that grubbing looks good Arcey.  We had chili ourselves last night.  Don't know what came over me, but I ended up eating five of Meg's little corn-bread muffins with it ;D  yeah... I got in trouble lol
Quote from: Leo Tanner on January 06, 2009, 02:29:15 PM
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Delmonico

I most likely will not stop by in the morning, leaving early to meet Pitspiter in Lexington, leaving mine at Dalton Materson's house.  and riding with him to Grant for the funeral.  Most likely be dark or close to it when we get back to Lexington so Dalton has said he will put me up till morning since i don't do as well at night on Interstate or busy highways.  Would be fine if I took gravel roads but that makes a long haul and since I don't know the roads that well out that far I will pass. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Arcey

Mornin'.

Normally I'd say have a good time, Del. Don't apply now.

Mid-thirties 'n rainin'. Gotta get west bound myownself 'n play in the traffic. They's gonna be spastic. Best leave early.

G'Luck, Wille.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Major 2

I thought of all the yesterdays,
the good ones and the bad,
I thought of what we all had shared,
and all the posts we had.
When tomorrow starts without me,
don't think we're far apart,
for every time you think of me,
I'm right here, in your heart.

Farewell, Steve
when planets align...do the deal !

Four-Eyed Buck

Be safe,Del. I know  you'll pass on our condolences and prayers :'(

8 here, still dark ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Texas Lawdog

The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning, Enjoy! Be safe on your journey to and from the funeral. Send our condolences to the family. The temps are warming up the rest of the week.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Going Appleton today.

'Twas -4 last night. 'Tis 10 and overcast. "Cloudy with a chance of light snow in the morning...then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 20s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

Stay warm today, Slim. The weather folks are predicting a high of about 50 today. That will be a welcomed change.

Arcey

Has anyone in here had a conflict with this business being sued? Yes.
Has anyone in here ever been a defendant in a civil case? Yes.
Has anyone in here ever been a plaintiff's witness in a civil case? Yes
Has anyone in here ever been a defense witness in a civil case? Yes
Has anyone...... Mr. Arcey excluded, ever done any of the following?

Neither the plaintiff's nor the defense lawyers wanted me to watch their presentations. Got struck. I'm crestfallen.......

Traffic don't seem no different than it was in this weather January 2002 when I had ta drive in it. City parkin' ramp has automated money takers - wouldn't take my Visa 99% of the retailers 'round here'd kill ta get their hands on. Thought it best ta carry cash case I needed it - did.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Blair

So far, my call to Jury Duty has never gotten me past the three or four dozen people they originally call for Jury selection.
I am a retired gunsmith... I think that said enough!
I also wear what I wear every day when out and about on normal runs. (that is not flip-flops, shorts and a t-shirt)
BTW, I am scheduled to be called again this year. We will have to wait and see.
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Major E A Sterner

I got called and seated for Grand Jury bout a year and a half ago, am excluded for 5 or 6 years now.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Willie Dixon

hey everyone,

looks like it finally caught up to me.  I'm running a slight fever (more annoyance than anything), but have some head congestion and a pretty ugly cough.

Del, please send our regards to Stu's family.  That was a beautiful poem Major 2

last time I got called into jury duty I was "away" so they let it slide.  What's odd, that was easily 8 years ago, and no new summons since.  I've been living in the same county now for 7 years.  My goose should be up soon lol
Quote from: Leo Tanner on January 06, 2009, 02:29:15 PM
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Major 2

Thanks WD.... hoped it would be liked
when planets align...do the deal !

Arcey

Sounds kinda like a colonoscopy, Maj.

Only three outta thirty one was wearin' what the department defined as 'court attire.' Left the jacket in the station wagon just wore the o'ercoat in. Figgered if someone objected I'd go get it. Walked inta the court room in shirtsleeves 'n a tie. No one batted an eye. Won't be wearin' one when I go back. Was gonna pony tail the long, flowin' locks. Decided ta go au naturel. No one said anything 'bout that either, includin' the guy doin' the wandin' at the entrance. Worked with him for years when we were both cops. He was the XO in the bureau when I was the admin sergeant. Got him a retirement job. He laughed hysterically.

Went inta the assembly room 'n took a seat as far away from everyone as possible. That drew a long look from the dude behind the desk. Woman a couple rows from the front tryin' ta cough up a lung 'n I weren't sittin' near the next one, maybe Willie, what may be inclined ta do the same thing.

Three outta ten down.

Four-Eyed Buck

Been a few years since I had the call up. Have done duty three times,I believe. Twice for the county and once for the Feds. Never had to go in on the Feds one ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

pony express

Only got as far as reporting once, showed up 10 minutes before the end of reporting time, they already had enough and sent me home(actually, back to work). Paid for my gas to get to work that day, though.

Texas Lawdog

I get a notice to appear about once every other year. I does not seem to matter anymore whether or not I was in Law Enforcement.

Sod Buster

I got called to Jury Duty for the Federal District couthourse in Alexandria, VA a few years ago.  Was for a case in Washington DC.  It seems the plaintiff was smoking Pot at a KISS concert & got thrown out by Security.  He had to wait outside for his buddies who were still inside and enjoying the concert.  He was suing the arena & the security.  We voted the arena & security were not at fault.

Big waste time at a Federal courthouse.

Got called for the county once but was not selected. 

SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com