Tiz a New Year, January Coffee is up

Started by Major 2, December 31, 2014, 11:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Congrats Arcey, missed it before, was too worried about gravy.

Maintenance dummies are doing some work, got the area plasticed off, cutting block, went to break, found out when I came back they didn't do a good job, shop was fulla 2 psyco-gas fumes from the saw, got it cleared out, cold in here, also the managed to kick a breaker and lost the list on word I was working on, should a saved it before I left, but no reason to suspect they'd blow a breaker. ::)  Oh well, an hours work shot to heck.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Delmonico

OK, it did save it, just had to look in the right place.   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Arcey

Thanks, folks.

The cop stuff's hard onna marriage for a number of reasons. That said, known some couples what makes ya wonder just why they ever decided ta marry each other ta began with. None my business.

Wind's picked up 'n the temps droppin'. Kinda chilly in the lighter breeze of the mornin' whilst I was outside. Didn't find the birds I was after, shoulda stayed longer, but did find HK it the GC. O'ercast when I spotted 'im. Sun come out. The boy graced me with a fly over:

He disappeared in the direction of the nest. Sun went away. Rode by the nest, didn't see 'im 'n was glad of it. Had some decent shots already. Warm 'n no breeze in the station wagon. Left, picked up the gift I ordered for the fat lady 'n went home.

Baked yard bird come out pretty good. Gotta first try on chicken orzo soup on for tomorrow. Lookin' forward to it. Gonna get a good night's sleep so I'll be prepared. Labor intensive. Gotta grate a couple carrots 'n open a can.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Four-Eyed Buck

Thank goodness,Del.

it's dang cold here, 6 with a WC of -15 :o wasn't pleasant outside doing rounds this morning,gonna be worse tomorrow :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Texas Lawdog

We finished up the leftover stroganoff tonight, with some English peas. It was tasty. It is gonna get cold tonight and tomorrow. The weather folks are predicting snow around here on Sat. And Sun. I hope that it misses us. A grocery run is in order for Friday to stock up on comfort food and firewood.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Major 2

Great shot Arcey ....  getting cool...should see mid 30's @ dawn....  maybe 52 tops all day

Had a T bone , sweet potatoe fries , and cheery turnover for desert .... happy camper  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Texas Lawdog

M2, A steak sounds good anytime. I am wide awake tonight again. I had some hot chocolate, hopefully that will make me sleepy. I am ready for these cold temps to be over. Living around here has spoiled me, we really don't much cold weather around here.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Major 2

Up my own self,  ::)  woke about 3:40 AM can't get back, decided to check in.

Coolish out ...spirit thingy on the porch say's 42°   :-\  feels cooler though...

I'm gonna go set the red coffee maker  ( it's a counter top appliance color theme  "SHE" has going on )

back now..and gonna try to get another hour of eye lid examination  :-\  good luck !

Texas Lawdog

I have a pot ready to go at 0500. We have a red and black kitchen, so we have appliances of both colors. The oatmeal will be good and warm this morning. Today should be the coldest day of the year. The weather folks are still predicting snow on Sat. And Sun.

Major 2

The major stuff Range, Ref, hood Etc.  is SS .... the little stuff is now this metallic red , all the pots, pans & tea pot,  Coffee maker, Mixer
my new Crock pot , the grill thing , can opener

Did get back to sleep, now running behind... thanks for the coffee, I'm have'n' hot chocolate   

Arcey

Mornin'.

16° now. Sunny, with a high near 24°. Wind chill values as low as -1°. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph becoming west 6 to 11 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Makes ya wanna run nekkid on the beach – inta the wind.

Had my way e'erthin'd be stainless 'n white.

Reckon I'll get ta stuff inside I've been puttin' off. Last day of freedom for two weeks. Federal jury duty starts tomorrow. Hope they don't require my presence the 22nd. Pard what can't make many OFSDAR things is plannin' on bein' there 'n it'd be fun ta see 'n shoot with 'im.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis -9 and cloudy. WC -11. "Not as cold. A chance of light snow in the morning... Then snow in the afternoon. Considerable blowing and drifting snow. Snow accumulation around 3 inches. Highs around 10 above zero. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent. Wind chills to 25 below zero."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

I went back to sleep at 0430. I woke up at 0800 for a plumbing check. I am still sleepy. the Cawffee and oatmeal will wait. It is too far ahead to plan for lunch. We will finish off the last of the roast for supper.

Delmonico

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck

Any coffee left?

Currently -3 with a WC of -26 :o :o :o Sun's out though ::)

Neighbor's had their water supply line freeze up yesterday. Had to have somebody come out last night to get'em thawed. Heat tape had failed, probably the original( circa 1990-91). Guy got to it around 10 last night, finished about 11:30.

With these temps, we've been doing short days as it's too dang cold to stay out for very long. Had to shovel around the barn/club house this morning, took us three breaks to warm up before we got finished with that. Salt won't do any good at these temps either. Guesser's are sayin' snow tonight,maybe 3 or so inches worth, won't get a warm up until maybe Sat. or Sun. ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Delmonico

I don't miss those frozen pipes one bit.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

Me neither! I ran out of Cawffee, so I made another pot. I received an e-mail during the night that a parcel had been delivered. It contained some jellies and other glass jars containing liquids. I got up and checked the front porch and found it. I had my nightshirt on, so I went outside and picked up the box and took it to the kitchen. I was afraid that the glass jars would freeze and break. Nothing seems to be leaking out. The wind was blowing and the air had a real bite to it.

Arcey

Up to 24°. Breeze has eased off some. Full sun.

Thought the ingredients looked a l'il thin for this thing I'm doin'. Got all but the pasta in the pot 'n it wasn't 'nuff in there ta feed me alone.  Went to the off site for more stuff 'n doubled the parts list.

Couple middle aged folks walkin' thru the 'hood stickin' flyers on doors offerin' ta do yard werk. Seen their old beat up truck 'round neighbors' houses. Admire 'n respect they're out in the weather tryin' ta make a dollar. Gonna call 'em 'n see what kinda deal they'll make for an on-call sorta thing this spring. Ain't real fond of the folks I got now.

Makin' a big bowl of Beef Vegetable soup disappear. Just might fill it again.

Texas Lawdog

That soup sounds good. I am still full from the oatmeal this morning. No plans for lunch.

Delmonico

Homemade frozen pizza for supper, stuff from a week ago we made and froze, got to be better than store bought.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com