False Book Pistol Casket

Started by Tsalagidave, December 11, 2014, 12:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsalagidave

I was inspired by someone else's attempt at making something like this so I tried it myself. Has anyone else had any luck making these?
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

Tsalagidave

Close up.

St. George

These 'false books' are readily available in home décor stores and the better furniture stores.

All that's needed, is an appropriate lining and partition and a method of latching, but they present nicely and are quite sturdy.

Pick the ones without the little 'feet', though - they look more like an actual book laid on its side, then.

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Tsalagidave

Thanks St. George. I forgot to tell everyone that I picked up the book from Hobby Lobby a while back. I think it cost me $7.99. I picked up some sheet cork, traced the gun & accessories, then added the velvet. It was my first attempt so its a bit sloppy. I'll likely wind up doing it over later.

The pistol is a 49' ASM "Hartford" that I picked up from EMF for around $134 in 1997. The American Flask & Cap Co. pewter powder flask and .320 ball mold are originals.

-Dave

buckskin billy

looks like i'll be going to the hobby lobby soon. thanks for the idea
" I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
-Ted Nugent-

if it walks, crawls, slithers or leaves a track i can tan it

http://thebuckrub.proboards.com/index.cgi?

http://thebuffalorunners.proboards.com/index.cgi

Tsalagidave

I look forward to seeing more of your handiwork Billy.

-Dave

Grenadier

I made one when I was in high school from an old dictionary. Traced a rough outline of the gun about 20 pages in on one if the pages. I then took an Exacto knife and started cutting. I cut through 200 or so pages, just deep enough to hold the pistol. I the glued all of those pages together. Worked great and did not look like a decoration piece, it looked like a real book from all sides.

Tsalagidave

Well now that you've told us about it Grenadier, you know you have to show it.  This is the perfect place for folks to demonstrate their handiwork.

-Dave

Grenadier

Quote from: Tsalagidave on December 23, 2014, 02:12:10 PM
Well now that you've told us about it Grenadier, you know you have to show it.  This is the perfect place for folks to demonstrate their handiwork.

-Dave

Sadly Dave, that's gone the way of the dodo many years ago.  I used it for a long time as a place for dice.  'Spose I could make another.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com