December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.

Started by El Peludo, December 01, 2014, 01:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie Dixon

Quote from: Texas Lawdog on December 23, 2014, 07:42:43 PM
Willie, you and your Uncle are lucky that you didn't get shot. The Adobe Walls stuff is all on private property. Standard equipment on pickups up there is a gun rack with a rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun. That is my old stomping grounds, I was born and raised in the Texas Panhandle.

Oh, I know.  I called the ranch beforehand, and they actually met us out there.  That was when my Uncle really started to freak out, but I told them "small blue hatchback with arizona plate" so it was all good.  And we had a great time, and must say a mighty fine dinner.
Quote from: Leo Tanner on January 06, 2009, 02:29:15 PM
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Texas Lawdog

Another sleepless night for me. Moose fixed a new soup, it had smoked sausage, spinach, navy beans, carrots, and onions. It tasted pretty good. Moose went to bed early tonight, she will be in the kitchen all day.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Post the receipt, Tex.

Mornin'.

Fifty sumthin' 'n the guessers er sayin' it'll bump seventy. Rain supposed ta hang 'round all day.

Hope the wetness has a positive impact on the citizenry of duh beach 'n they stay home. Lookin' like I gotta run all o'er this 'ere fair city 'n I'd rather have the blue hairs, air heads, hair bags 'n other assorted head cases the heck off the streets.

Huntin's doubtful other'n a quick drive by o'er this way cuz I gotta go way out that way, near the dreaded ocean front.

Get ta werkin' on the soup 'ere inna minute.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking. Enjoy! I am running on a couple hours of sleep. I hope to get along nap soon.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Lucky Irish Tom

Mornin, animals taken care of, little smokies in the oven. Thanks for the coffee TLD.

Well the week and a half of sanity loss began yesterday afternoon, grandkids will be home until after the new year.

Great eagle cam Arcey.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Major 2

Horse fed, as well as the other beasties ...
I did Rice Chex this morning.

Cloudy & swollen , thunder storms called for later.... Christmas morning claims to be in the low 50's
when planets align...do the deal !

Russ T Chambers

Had two interesting things happen yesterday. 

The first was at Wally World.  (the only time to hit Wally World this time of year is 3 AM). Had the checkout lady said "Thank you" to me.  When I asked why she said it, she said it was because of my NRA Life member hat.

The second "Thank you" I got was at Brite Glass.  I wished the clerk "Merry Christmas" and he said it was good to hear someone be politically incorrect and say it right.  He was limited to "Seasons Greeting" by company policy.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Delmonico

Up got coffee on, my kids are comin' over later, makin' tamales. 

Boss says we can say Merry Christmas, happy holidays, what we want, our choice, but he ain't exactly Pol Cort(PC is period correct in my world) his ownself.

Oh and Seasonings Greeting yall.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Texas Lawdog

Moose baked me some apricot bread last night and I am having a couple of slices with my Cawffee. It is mighty tasty. Moose is making a final surgical grocery strike for Christmas dinner.

Russ T Chambers

Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Delmonico

She's off to the store, I offered to stay home and do some cleaning. 

Asked me if I wanted sour cream for the tamales, told her I didn't.  Well she is also making tacos (she told me it like it was a surprise, but I put the shells on the shelf the other night) and she decided we did need sour cream. ::)  Just buy the sour cream and shut up about it. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Texas Lawdog

I can take it or leave it on the sour cream. I like lettuce, tomatoes, onions and hot sauce on my Tacos. We're having Tamales tonight, with salad, rice, and beans. We had a little rain this morning. It looks like it will be cloudy all week. I have forgotten what the sun looks like. Merry Christmas to everyone on Cascity, and a Happy New Year.

Willie Dixon

mmmm...
Tacos...

it's funny and sad.  My parents brown meat, make some shells, and add some salsa and lettuce.

that's the sad state of affairs I grew up on.

so now, whenever my girl goes "do you want tacos?"  I freak out and instinctively repliy "NO!" she just laughs (she's had my family's "tacos") and goes "mhmm" and makes them.

and they're glorious! and from scratch!  ALL OF IT! :D

I'll have to share them at an event for sure
Quote from: Leo Tanner on January 06, 2009, 02:29:15 PM
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

The Trinity Kid

Merry Christmas Y'all.  Political correctness be hanged.

Breakfast was Froot Loops here,  with a second pot of coffee in the works.

Lunch will be something requiring ham, though I've been instructed to stay out of the kitchen.

Dinner will be a soup, I think.

The womenfolk are cooking all day, and some tomorrow.  I think a pudding thing (for lack of better description), two pies, and two dozen cookies.

Y'all have a good rest of the day.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Major E A Sterner

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Delmonico

We're cleaning and work together, crime scene tape may be needed later. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Arcey

Hadda cam of that quality in the garden, cuz. It got counciled. Fraim, et al, save Smigiel, listened to the feds 'n Pishko rather'n the scientists. Doin' what the feds suggested, 'n paid for, removin' the nest 'n harassin' the birds, didn't cost 'em money they could be usin' ta bring in votes 'n campaign contributions, build unneeded rail buses that hemorrhage cash, 'n a hotel/convention center a block from where one, havin' a tough time makin' ends meet, already stands 'n any consultant not bein' paid by the city sez is a bad idea. Scientists were right. More birds killed there 'n 'round the place cuz the resident pair can't concentrate on defendin' it. Oh well.....

Said "Merry Christmas" ta a fella inna parkin' lot this mornin'. Smiled, returned it 'n when he saw my coaches' cap said, "Hail to the Redskins!" Then we made fun of the team from philadelphia (lower case intended in this context).

My dope dealer 'n me exchanged "Merry Christmas" too.

Fat lady wanted chicken noodle soup. Then she didn't, too warm. Took 'er to Harris Teeter 'n she picked up a ham steak. Wanted that then she wanted chicken noodle soup again. Then Tim 'n Andi's comin' o'er tonight for Christmas 'n soup. Didn't get it started 'til almost 1400. She 'n me alone destroy any kinda soup that fills that four quart. Thinkin' I'll have a small servin' then kill the left o'er stroganoff.

Twelve days gonna seem like forever.................................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Texas Lawdog

What happens in twelve days? The sun is out for awhile. No clue for a late lunch.

Russ T Chambers

Still in the upper   40s here. 
Thinkin' the other portion of the steak will get the grill tonight!  Along with the other half of the baked tater.  This time some brains instead of trees (cauliflower/ broccoli).
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com