Author Topic: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.  (Read 242873 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.
« Reply #420 on: December 23, 2014, 01:34:04 PM »
I very much agree with you on people being "stupid and rude"!
But, then again being "stupid and rude", is not something some people can help, at anytime of year.
None the less, I still wish you and yours my best anytime of the year.
 Blair

Well you and the rest could try harder, if I'm polite I mean it.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #421 on: December 23, 2014, 01:45:51 PM »
Of course, "trying harder" has nothing to do with YOU does it, Del!
Only with me and those you perceive as the "others"?
My best, yet again,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #422 on: December 23, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »
Oh great, now i have to go out in it, forgot the dog food was low, just put the last in his bowl, can't let him down and Rita has problems carrying the bags.    ;)

Gonna drive a little further and hit the Russ's not right out in Yuppieville.  

I'll see who's bagging, if it's Timmy I'll make him carry it out in the rain, if it's one of the cute girls I'll carry it.   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Advertising

« Reply #423 on: Today at 07:19:20 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #423 on: December 23, 2014, 01:52:39 PM »
Blair, figure it out, I only am polite to people I like, I don't fake it, and since my little story seems to have offended you from what you are hinting suck it up and say so, but remember I could care less.  I ain't in the mood for whinny people today and it won't happen tomorrow either, look to it happening on Feb 30th if I am in the mood to put up with it.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #424 on: December 23, 2014, 02:57:51 PM »
Got back, 32 out and drizzle is trying to turn into snow, must have let the cube dwellers out early, traffic from downtown area past my house on the highway was heavy for so early, headed out to east Yuppieville.   store I go too is about halfway between them.  Parked by a Prius, The Field Marshall wasn't happy, told him to be nice, it's Christmas and it wasn't it's fault half an old Buick got made into one.    ;)

Busy inside, but they had them all running and got through express no waiting.  Cute girl offered to carry, told her I could since she wasn't Timmy, she pointed to register 1 and Timmy was checking today.  She said she'd tell him he lucked out.

Dang, did I ever mention I like that store, Run Rudolph by Chuck was playing overhead, as I was leaving the front manager on duty told me I was early (normally stop after work) told him I was off all day.   Got to love a place that you feel like they want you to come in, up to 7 cents off next fill, 1 cent per $10, good for 30 days and got 18,000 points to spend on special deals, got a turkey a while back for 9000, stocked up on butter a while back, will wait for the Jan deals book.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #425 on: December 23, 2014, 03:00:06 PM »
Wow, that escalated quickly. ::)

Afternoon Y'all.

Got the grandmother and mother down in the city.  myself and the rest of the family are here at home, doing nothing of any importance whatsoever.  

Interesting ordinance out there, Del.  Here in Trinity, if a road is important it is either paved, chip sealed, or graveled.  If none of that is there, the road is not important, and if you get stuck, that's your fault and your problem.  As it was, we weren't even on a "road."  It's an old fire break, from 2001.  All the local people go out 4-wheeling there, even Cal-Fire and the Forest Service.   ;D
Only managed to get my Ranger out there once before it died.  But with the bald tires, it was definitely fun.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: December 23, 2014, 03:18:18 PM »
I figured it was something like that.  They don't pave or gravel roads around here not a mail route, but that is access to farmers fields and they get irate when the road gets tore up and they have to get to work.   It's worked out well, the back roads like that are good and when dry no problem and if they get tore up they often get fixed.   ;D

You have to remember we are in the land of N-S E-W roads mostly every mile, a fe cases not, but rare and often they go to a creek that has no bridge for access anyway.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: December 23, 2014, 03:40:12 PM »
One road I travel some in dry weather, yellow gumbo clay near the farm, part of the terminal moraine of the last glacier 10,000 years ago, that;s a $10 word for the geological garbage pile at the end, left after melting. ;D

When wet is has a solid base but is very slick on top, kind like driving on ice with grease on top, one of those erosion ruts can toss you in the ditch faster than you can think and you can get stuck between hills.     
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: December 23, 2014, 03:51:19 PM »
Wow, that escalated quickly. ::)

no kidding...

and yeah, bald tires in muddy or loose road? FUN! :D I did that once rather foolishly in my 1969 El Camino.  I blame the Duke boys lol ::) ;D I'm just happy neither I nor my car were hurt during the shenanigans, and we did it on basically a "closed course" anyways.  I swear, I thought 1/8" of tread (no joke lol) was enough :D

and Del... thanks for posting that pic of the boy with the nickel plated percolator awesomeness....
gotta go get me one of those for campin now ;D

I'm kinda wondering what kind of sludge is over in the panhandle by Adobe Walls.  My Uncle and I went out there, March 2010... yeah that was slick.  I can't believe my little FWD "Blueberry" got us there, but it did! :)  That stuff we were sliding in reminds me of what you're talking about.  Cept this was a light tannish almost buckskin color, and seemed while driving about 3 inches deep and then something semi-solid. 

When I got out of the car, I lost my boot lol.  I moved the car up onto the grass a bit so my Uncle, who has bad arthritis could get out without too much trouble.  I think the adrenaline of the trip made it all worth it for him.  Honest to God, it was the fact he was yelling at me for half the ways "we're going to get SHOT!! We're in TEXAS!! They don't warn ya here!" that got his adrenaline up more than the actual burial grounds and memorial.  I genuinely believe he thought we were going to get taken out by the ranchers lol.

i have the pictures saved to CDs... but my gal's poor old laptop don't like reading them much anymore lol
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: December 23, 2014, 04:06:48 PM »
Another form of gumbo, ours is a bit yaller from all the limestone it powdered and it will steal a boot or build up on the bottom.   Stuff fills tread anyway, might as well have bald tires cause they end up that way. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: December 23, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »
I think I just semi started a storm over on FB lol ;D And for good reason.

I have so many friends, all nerds.  We either shoot cowboy, trapper, muzzleloading, Civil War, heck I have friends that pretend they're part of Nelson's Navy beating up and fighting with a mutual friend who ain't and sails under a black flag.  I have friends who are from all over the world thanks to Star Wars, HALO costuming, etc...  it'll be interesting to see what they think of what I just posted.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: December 23, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
May have to try this period recipe on the troops at the muster, I'll do it at lunch and pretend I'm not hungry, I don't aways eat lunch anyway.   ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #432 on: December 23, 2014, 06:16:43 PM »
There went my appetite, Del. ::)

Just finished raking the back yard.  The slimy mud we have here makes getting those leaves really difficult. 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: December 23, 2014, 06:26:18 PM »
that's just mean lol :D

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: December 23, 2014, 06:35:40 PM »
Liver jerky?

Got one somewhere for 'spargus pudding.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: December 23, 2014, 07:11:23 PM »
My honor, Willie. Happy ta hear they brought some entertainment. 'Til the eaglets fledge they're gonna be a handful for the adults. Hours of giggles but be warned, sibling rivalry can get a l'il rough 'n from time to time lunch can start out bein' live prey. It's nature in the wild, unfiltered.

Brief huntin' trip went pretty good. Found Sterlin' preenin' on the cell tower 'cross from the off-site. Shot a few. Tolt 'er ta hang 'round. Got some stuff it the off-site. She was still there when I got done so I shot 'er sum more.  Still there when I left.

Baked sum chicken breasts. Left overs goin' in chicken noodle soup tomorrow.

Need an early start in the mornin'. Time ta get some shut eye. Nite Nite.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: December 23, 2014, 07:16:17 PM »
Not to self: Beware of anything thin sliced that's not bacon when dining in the Nebraska Sandhills.....

Offline Willie Dixon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: December 23, 2014, 07:32:02 PM »
Not to self: Beware of anything thin sliced that's not bacon when dining in the Nebraska Sandhills.....

no kidding ;D although, knowing Del, he'll make it smell just like bacon to spite us! :D

and Arcey, again, thanks.  The half-pint knows about nature and it's due course.  She'll understand.  I actually left the gore on, in Assassin's Creed IV when I'd go whale or shark hunting, just so she'd get the picture.  Fact is though back then, that was good eatin, and heck, shark still is! :D  

I'd tell her all I know from my time sailing, how the bones of the whale could be used for anything from forks and knives to spars for the rigging that'd been busted.

it'll be the same way with those Eagles.  They gotta eat right?

honestly, it's better than my strongest memory of a Bald Eagle.  Poor, poor Medlock. lol.  We were driving in Alaska and he hit one.  He'd grown up in the east, in Kentucky, and loved the things.  He was so heartbroken.  And nothing like a GV hitting a Bald Eagle.  Luckily, myself not included, one of us was calm, and she called the proper authorities and he had a very nice burial.  We took care of him, and a ratty Ensign (not the butter-bar kind ;) ) all at the same time.  It was really quite beautiful and stirring.

honestly, just reminds me how much remiss I was in not having a camera back then.  Now, with my phone, I'm still not taking as many pictures as I should.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: December 23, 2014, 07:42:43 PM »
Willie, you and your Uncle are lucky that you didn't get shot. The Adobe Walls stuff is all on private property. Standard equipment on pickups up there is a gun rack with a rifle and a 12 gauge shotgun. That is my old stomping grounds, I was born and raised in the Texas Panhandle.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: December 23, 2014, 08:22:26 PM »

Well Poop, I forgot he comes around here, the jig is up.   

Most likely would stink up my ovens anyway. 

Now the sparrow-grass pudding ain't as bad as it sounds, it a bread puding/stuffing and it has ham in it also.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com