Author Topic: September's coffee & conversation is up  (Read 147413 times)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: September's coffee & conversation is up
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2014, 08:17:39 AM »
.  Later that day after getting the dust out of my eyes. I went and stocked up on ammo. 

Ididn't need to stock up at that time...When the Clinton ammo/component shortage was over, I stocked up pretty well. I still have some of the primers I bought then. (Small rifle, don't use much)

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2014, 08:18:53 AM »
I was in the Norfolk Police Computer support unit working when we heard  plane hit the first tower. Saw the second one hit on TV and knew it wasn't an accident. We had the Emergency Center, referred to as the , "War Room", set up before the call came from downtown to activate it. Then I went over to the 2nd precinct and set up the Police Command Center, which is were I spent the next several days.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2014, 08:57:23 AM »
Seems like an "Arcey" kind of day here, only 59 degrees at almost 9AM. Light mist of rain. Starting to look like fall, walnut trees have a few yellow leaves, and the soybean field across the road has a sprinkling of yellow leaves too.

Advertising

« Reply #223 on: Today at 11:00:55 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2014, 09:14:10 AM »
Anxiously waitin' for those days, PE. Sounds real nice.

Had taken a few days vacation ta practice up for retirin'. Been to a shoot outta town, come back Monday afternoon. Tuesday mornin' I'd just started shovin' Goex crud out the shotgun out in the barn when I heard of the initial strike via radio 'n thought what PE thought but decided ta go in 'n see what the video looked like. Hadn't been in more a few minutes when the second strike happened.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2014, 02:57:27 PM »
Lest We Forget!  I have that engraved on the frame of my 51 Navy. Those words ring true for us as citizens of the greatest country in the World.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2014, 04:30:48 PM »
Afternoon y'all.

Spanish test went well, I think.  We'll see next week.

So, where was I when I heard about the news...
I was asleep on the front sofa with my grandma when my mom came in the door and said that someone had rammed the World Trade Center.  we turned on the tv, and watched the second hit, then heard about the Pentagon.  That was the day I learned to drink coffee, as well.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 432
« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2014, 04:37:44 PM »
I was at Home, heading for Location for "God & Generals "and packing to Fly up to BWA on the 12th.
My wife was at her work and called  " turn on the TV " it was just after 9 AM....

I went and filled the Super Duty with Diesel, then the Jeep with gas... figured those commodities might soon be in short supply.

Course, my flight the next day was canceled indefinitely, nor was I too keen on flying anyway  :o
Couldn't get even through to the AM/Track ...and a Bus was out of the question...  
So, after sitting at home, and needing to be in Hagerstown, MD.  I decided to drive.... Fuel was not all shorted after all.
I drove the I-75 to I-81 route, stayed plenty clear of the DC I-95 corridor.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2014, 11:49:42 PM »
TK,  You  were fairly young when it happened. I am 67, and prolly old enough to be your Grandfather. It hit me hard because I had been up there numerous times on fugitive extraditions and had met many NYPD officers.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2014, 12:41:29 AM »
Hi ...Jim see your up too ... plumbing check, couldn't get back to sleep....

Figured I'd drop in here, maybe check GB , and plug in the coffee pot timer thingy.

Speaking of " being hit hard "  I was to Fly the next day and into that very area where American Airlines Flight 77 ( Pentagon plane )
originated.
I think it 5-6 days before the National grounding of all flights was lifted.... Travel was VERY confused , Trains included.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2014, 05:24:10 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

Guessers say 73º 'n it's 75º now. Sounds good to me even if the chances of gettin' a l'il wet are right good.

No salads this evenin'. Wanna cook sumthin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2014, 05:40:34 AM »
PHD...as in Piles Higher & Deeper.... ::  )he shoulda stuck with the pooch !

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/09/11/sons-guns-stephanie-ford-hayden-dad-assaulted-me/

Course she has never impressed me as being the brightest bulb in the string  ::)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2014, 07:20:33 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 40 and overcast. "A chance of light rain in the morning...then light rain in the afternoon. Highs around 50. Light and variable wind. Chance of rain 80 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2014, 07:33:58 AM »
Stephanie's husband is not a rocket scientist. The gene pool is very shallow. He is a good candidate for chemical sterilization.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2014, 08:04:33 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I am still waking up.  I've got a couple of hours before I leave for Dallas. It looks like we might get rain today. The temps are in the low 70s, which is a nice break from triple digits.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2014, 08:22:39 AM »
PHD...as in Piles Higher & Deeper.... ::  )he shoulda stuck with the pooch !

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/09/11/sons-guns-stephanie-ford-hayden-dad-assaulted-me/

Course she has never impressed me as being the brightest bulb in the string  ::)

Didn't think it would ne long before that was announced.

Thanks for the coffee.

TK you learned to drink coffee at 3?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2014, 08:56:32 AM »
Woke up to 34º and a snow covered pick-up this morning.  The ground was too warm for any to pile up, but we got some moisture out of it.

The antics of the Haden family are pretty low on my give-a-sh!t-ometer.

I don't doubt that the Kid started drinking coffee at 3, but it's very unlikely that he has any real memories of the actual day.  More likely implanted memories from hearing the story repeated over the years.  The brain of a 3 year old is just reaching the point of having enough neural connections to form permanent memories. (Thus endeth the psychology lesson).

My daughter started drinking coffee right about age 3.  My trapping partner would show up at what I considered still the middle of the night and make coffee in my kitchen.  By the time I emerged from my room dressed & ready he would be at the table with my baby girl on his lap, both of them sipping coffee.  He told me not to worry, it has plenty of milk & sugar in it ::)

Looks like I missed the "where were you then" yesterday.  I was teaching American History to a bunch of 7th graders at Maxwell, Nebraska.  Like Pony, I had plenty of ammo & components on hand.  I did fill up the pick-up that day & put an AK & several loaded magazines behind the seat before I left for school the next morning.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2014, 08:59:07 AM »
Was either Monday or Tuesday news of her accusations was broadcast by Fox in the hourly national radio news break on 790 AM. The article is dated yesterday. Guess they saved it for a filler. After all, there's nothing else of importance to run.

Stumblin' 'round the house in silence. The village idiot decided to talk about Ray Rice 'n peripheral issues. It's as if we don't have interesting local issues - we do. I'll turn it on come 1000 hours. If the village idiot, jr. decides to talk about it I have some Led Zeppelin all cued up.

The news media, in all forms, maintains its downward spiral. As always, I long for viable local talk radio in Tidewater Hampton Roads Coastal Virginia discussing local topics.

Chicken breasts over 'taters 'n carrots in the l'il red one. Wanna go out 'n find sumthin' pretty 'n green ta go with it.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2014, 09:27:18 AM »
Jr.'s taken off. The Third's on. Ray Rice.............................

So I say - Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove.

Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing, gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting.

Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way, watch your honey drip, can't keep away.

Goin' lookin' for sumthin' green 'n rock on.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2014, 02:31:53 PM »
Stu you said it politer than i could

Hehe catchy tune
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2014, 06:22:10 PM »
Arcey, I did not know that you are a Rapper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com