Author Topic: September's coffee & conversation is up  (Read 147407 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 432
Re: September's coffee & conversation is up
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »
All Right !... Major,  here's to no pain....

Pounding rain but only lasted about 30 Min.s or so... xpect more though  :-\

Fish, red beans & rice for lunch... from a Dominican joint can't go wrong @ $3.50

All American sub for supper , turkey, Roast beef & ham , run through the garden, on a sunflower & multi-grain sub roll. 
Local off campus pantry makes them fresh to order.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2014, 02:33:57 PM »
I hope your back continues to be better. Roger, it sounds like you have found some good places for grub.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #202 on: September 10, 2014, 02:34:21 PM »
Brats with brown mustard leftover potatoe salad later....
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #203 on: Today at 10:42:59 PM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: September 10, 2014, 03:35:52 PM »
We have a tornado warning for Medina, Wayne and Summit counties up right now. :P

Today was my electrical problem day. Started out with a control frying down at the sewer plant, number one blower is down. Then had a breaker popped in the barn/ community center. Got that straightened out and proceded to do some clean up in the restrooms. Went to turn on the lights in the kitchen area to empty the sweeper bin and POP! fizzz.........lights went out in the kitchen. Think it's the transformer in the 40 something year old flourescent fixture. We'll look into that one tomorrow. Boss decided to turn truck over early, and while we were down at the sewer plant I got a call from the Asst. Manager that a tree had fallen on an electrical box up in the old section. We had to go check on it. Box was okay, tree just brushed it, plus it was a fairly small tree. We'll probably cut that one up on Friday. Wasn't even storming/windy either. Probably lucky it wasn't, might've come down harder ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #204 on: September 10, 2014, 04:34:57 PM »
Here buck, this ought to make you feel better or give you a bad 70's flash back. ::)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I2PjLna4C0[/youtube]

Roll a dooby, relaxe and enjoy.   :o
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: September 10, 2014, 04:37:07 PM »
Wow, they has one for real, keep an eye out and wait a bit on the dooby. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2014, 07:06:58 PM »
It sounds like there may some green leafy substance being rolled and smoked, but not inhaled.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2014, 09:37:30 PM »
WHEW! Got the laptop running again. Don't really like the mini I-pad my wife has, can't hardly see it and my fingers are too big to hit the right buttons on the touch screen. Internet explorer wouldn't explore, just kept giving me a message "Internet explorer has stopped working". Shop quoted $120 to go through it and clean it up, I wasn't going to do that for a 3 year old laptop, so then she just went in the settings and re-set something and it works again, and advice for a free program to help clean out the malware. Hmmmm... Now if I can just get Excede satellite to stay up, and Yahoo to stop telling me my password is wrong, I'll have this computer thing whipped!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2014, 10:22:14 PM »
PE, next you will have to figure out how to do something else.  No clue what it might be, but there's always something.

City trip went kind of boringly...  snooze.

I have to say, I've about had it with my little Ranger.  Can't keep the stupid thing running!  I'm thinking of selling it and buying an F-250... 

Have a Spanish test tomorrow.  Nerves are a little uppity over over that.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2014, 12:05:56 AM »
We had chicken fajita Naxos for supper tonight with homemade Margaritas, mighty tasty. I had a beer chaser, now I have to do a plumbing check. I can't go back to sleep. Old age is Hell!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2014, 12:37:35 AM »
Spent part of the day pulling files together and starting to make whole chapters, adding some pictures, need to get a list of ones I need yet and see if I can get them done the 1st weekend in Oct at the Civil War event.  May make it by spring per goal, am not going to hurry it, won't be done till I'm happy with it.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2014, 03:18:39 AM »
Remembering 9-11.

Mornin' ta the infirm. Think that covers everyone.

Credit ta Alice, Holland Produce.

11 days 'til fall – nuff said.

HK's ball 'n chain finally been IDed. The banded female, or BF, is Sterling. Hatched in Carolina in '06 'n blown out the nest durin' a storm. Found healthy, banded - USGS #0629-26058  'n stuck in a man made, osprey lookin' nest (so the adults could find 'er?).  Fledged the followin' week.

Near by Knotts Island school kids named 'er. First photographed at Honey Bee GC here in duh beach in '11. HK hatched in '09. Guess she likes younger guys.

The photogs wouldn't give up. Yanello hit the capture gettin' the last of the formerly missin' band numbers. Well done, Jim.

Vegetables ta butcher. Gettin' an early start. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 432
« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2014, 05:07:01 AM »
Thanks for the coffee & reminder.... ditto on 9/11

Spanish tests me every day ....

Has started to ramp up at the work 20....projects underway , for DC, Dallas, Anaheim, Vegas, Atlanta, and Orlando all due in Sept. & Oct.
with 3 shows in Texas and 2 in Las Vegas , will make it tight. 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2014, 05:48:40 AM »
Thanks  for the coffee ;)

That warning stayed up for quite a while. That particular cell was really active and caused sightings in 3 or 4 counties before it finally quit. There was some damage reported from it. All we got was some rain. Just quit raining here a few minutes ago. Might be it for the rain now, but temps are going to be lower for the next week. Highs in the 60's and into the 40's for over night ones ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2014, 06:49:50 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I was at a Texas prison Unit, dropping off prisoners when the first plane hit, I saw the second plane hit on a small portable TV. It was truly our generations "Day of Infamy".

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2014, 07:20:25 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 42 and overcast. High of 58.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2014, 07:26:00 AM »
We now have a generation of kids that, are going to school who were not born yet. They are learning about it like many of us did of Pearl Harbor.

Thanks for the coffee
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2014, 07:44:52 AM »
I was born in 1947, so WW2 was still fresh. We had several POW camps in the Texas Panhandle. My Dad was in the Air Corps in pilot training when Pearl Harbor was bombed. He was enroute to the Pacific when we dropped the Atomic Bombs. Dad didn't talk which about the War until I was in Junior high. He did live to see 9-11. I am sure that he always remembered Pearl Harbor and I will always remember 9-11.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2014, 07:45:55 AM »
I was at work at the Post Office, sorting mail to get ready to go out on the route. Wasn't paying attention to the radio, when a guy next to me says a plane hit the World Trade Center. No more news than that at first, we just figured some Cessna driver got lost and crashed into it. Didn't take long for more news to come. Didn't see it on TV until after work, when I got home.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2014, 07:53:20 AM »
I was 30 ought miles due west of the Pentagon- just off of I66. Sirens blasted eastbound all day and only thing in sky was military chopters.  Later that day after getting the dust out of my eyes. I went and stocked up on ammo. 
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com