Author Topic: September's coffee & conversation is up  (Read 147406 times)

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: September's coffee & conversation is up
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2014, 01:28:29 PM »
We would be glad to share it with you TLD. First time I can remember schools being delayed because of road flooding around here.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2014, 03:59:33 PM »
Balloon Races are over, Camel Races are over, Reno Air Races start tomorrow.  Sadly we lost a pilot during qualification yesterday.

http://www.ktvn.com/story/26479763/air-races-pilot-killed-in-qualifying-heat-identified

Got an upcoming anniversary and the birthday of “she who is still working” coming up in the next two weeks.  Working on menus for the next two Fridays.  The Wednesdays and Saturdays ( my other cooking days) are still up for grabs.

TLD would be glad to send you some wet, but all we’re getting from the sky is hazy sunshine with smoke from the Yosemite fire.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #182 on: September 09, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »
Just put together a sweet potatoe salad - kind of half stole from Rachele Ray.
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #183 on: Today at 10:41:06 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: September 09, 2014, 05:01:54 PM »
Moose has Open House at her school tonight, no clue for supper tonight. Victoria has been napping in the back, now she is on duty in the backyard on guard duty.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: September 09, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
The salad has marinaded now and turned out pretty tasty too.  I started to use the bobby flay recipe. Happy with this one don't need to change it anytime soon.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: September 09, 2014, 09:29:12 PM »
Victoria and I had chili dogs from Sonic for supper tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 432
« Reply #186 on: September 09, 2014, 11:43:00 PM »

Had a salad for lunch , "She that must be obeyed" had a Rah- Rah meeting with her MK ladies, so I nuked a pair of Hotdogs for my menu tonight as well , Mustard & onion though.
Hit the sheets early and paying for it now, plumbing check and awake  :-\

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2014, 12:54:44 AM »
Roger, I am with you on the wide awake!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2014, 01:00:24 AM »
I'll keep you some company too...

Okay, here's the scoop:
In Spanish class, there is an "online portion."  meaning you have to go onto a website to do half the homework.  I've been doing the hard copy work up until today...then I came to a spot that told me to refer to the video.  I shrugged my shoulders and went to get online.  Got there, and the class code didn't work.  After two hours of trying, I finally got on, and just decided heck with it, and did three weeks of work in the last three hours.  Still have a week more before the test/due date Thursday. :-\

had first practice for community band tonight.  I played first chair and third chair mostly, depending on what music we had.  I only played second, which is my official title, once. ::)  Such is life.

Going to the city tomorrow.  more government funded hell education.  On the bright side, at least I can get an education in this country.  It just drains the energy out of me faster than any physical labor I've ever done.

Night y'all.  

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2014, 04:48:12 AM »
Pots on, I'm awake, don't know why, may go back to bed later.

"Learned" something new yesterday, didn't take at all, basically our buyer for hats told me I'm supposed to sell the customer what he thinks they should want rather than what the want. ::)   Guess how that went over, he left with my list of "demands" but wasn't happy, also left with a list of what he bought he thinks they should buy and will mark them down and see if they sell that way. 

Damn it must be hard to be stupid, no one likes you but other stupid people. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2014, 04:51:48 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. You can't fix STUPID!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2014, 05:17:20 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. You can't fix STUPID!

Yeah you can, just take them to the vet like a dog or cat. 

He was trying one time to tell me I'm old and out of touch and I told him I had kids older than him and grandkids older than his kids.   

And no I'm not out of touch with the younger hat buyers either, don't mean I have to like what they want or they should buy what I like.   
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: September 10, 2014, 05:23:33 AM »
Mornin', you people.

0615 'n still dark out. Arcey like. Now to get the temps down. O'er 80⁰, tomorrow 90⁰. Arcey no like.

Thinkin' on pointin' the station wagon at the Farmers Market for vegetables. Rabbit food for tomorrow. See if I can find a hunk of fish for the evenin'. Beef Vegetable soup's gonna taste sooooooo good when the time comes.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 432
« Reply #193 on: September 10, 2014, 05:51:51 AM »
Such is the SALES mentality ...I hate that ! >:(
I WILL NOT be told what I want.... is the fastest way to see my exit .....or dial tone ...

The second way is to cop an attitude , when I politely and if that does not take , then not so much,  tell them what I DO want !
bottom line.. "my money... my rules !

and my standard Line ... when "they"  bring up X # of years, they've been the so called expert "so & so"...

"I have underwear older than that " !   ... I usually do !  :)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2014, 06:26:59 AM »
The guy's got a quota to make, and the company wants him to sell those particular models. The experience doesn't count. At least for them. ::) :P

Had a big chef's salad for lunch yesterday. It was good. Pork chops and broccoli for supper.

Keys to the kingdom today, will have to keep an eye on the weather,though. ::)

Busy day yesterday, pool crew came in and closed the pool down for the winter.....Yea!!!!!Mixed rewards, though. It means we're closer to plowing and hefting 50lb. bags of salt :-\ We mowed the barn area in the afternoon.

Thanks for the coffee ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2014, 06:51:38 AM »
Hehe
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2014, 07:35:42 AM »
Gardening day today. Maybe some mowing
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2014, 09:13:31 AM »
I figured you'd agree with me, I ain't changing my methods, this dipstick is the only with a problem with what I do and he really has no control over me, he's just the buyer.  Bottom line, I sell lots of hats, I have very happy customers and them young kids like the grumpy/mad hatter persona.   

My hat is out of shape and I don't know why, "you left it in the hot pick-up."  Yeah how did you know that, "it looks like it."   Most it's their first hat and they never realized what would happen.  I put it back together if I can and explain why it's bad.   I teach them that when I sell them a first hat.

I sell a lot of a certain cheap black hat, not a good hat but decent for the price,$59.98, most are bought by college kids going out line dancing and chasing diseased wimmin, he told me I should be selling them more expensive hats.  yeah like they have the money for it.  Pointed that out, explained who buys them in that exact terms I just did and pointed at a case at a certain high dollar hat and mentioned that we make more money off them than that $749.98 hat that has never sold.  Nice hat, wrong brand, also explained you can't sell a red tractor to guys who's dad and grandpa told them to only buy green.

Battle most likely ain't over, but I hit him hard yesterday.  Nick the one manager who was there and I were talking later about how he still don't fully grasp it.  I told him there is a bit of fun in doing battle like that.   LOL it was funny, the two managers walked in with him and never said a word, dumbing knew they were there more for his protection than anything cause they know I can get pissy, asked them to come and tell me when i got too nasty and out of line.    ;) 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2014, 10:35:02 AM »
It's too hot for drinking Cawffee, switching to unsweetened iced tea with lemon, with lots of ice.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2014, 12:04:48 PM »
Afternoon Y'all, well the procedure seems to have went well, I have about 50% less back pain, but time will tell if it gets better than that.
74 degrees and sunny here.Y'all enjoy the rest of the afternoon.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com