Author Topic: September's coffee & conversation is up  (Read 147412 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: September's coffee & conversation is up
« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2014, 06:12:44 PM »
Still no Rain in sight. No clue for supper tonight. We had pizza last night.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2014, 07:05:07 PM »
We've been getting a little rain now & then. Not the 6" Del was bragging about, but more than we're used to. 

This is day one of my new chemo cycle. So far so good, no ill effects as of yet.

Popcorn sales on Saturday was a bust. Didn't have near the crowd they were expecting for the car auction.  Dress rehearsal was disappointing. Lot of the cast didn't know their lines or the music yet. Not surprised, still not happy about it.

Had meatloaf for supper. Meatloaf sammich for lunch tomorrow & maybe the next day.  Always been my favorite thing to put between two slices of bread.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2014, 07:55:33 PM »
Good to hear report, Stu.

Braunschweiger and thinly sliced red onion on pumpernickel bread, with dark mustard, is a close second to a good cold meatloaf sandwich.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 10:57:43 PM »

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2014, 11:34:38 PM »
evenin' y'all.

Math test went pretty well.  Only one question I wasn't sure about.

went for a walk with my friend.  We went about a mile up a creek, then cut across some brush and up a steep hill to the top of a ridge.  From there we returned to the cars, then walked up another road.  Saw a bear -I won't say it fell out of the tree, but it wasn't exactly a controlled descent.  We returned to the cars after that...  didn't know where mama bear was. :-\

Got some rain up on the hills today.  About 2".  Enough to get the creek flowing (had been completely dry for the top four inches of bed), and cold and muddy.  The two dogs enjoyed it, though.

We have some deer in our neighborhood that are rather friendly toward me.  Backstory, I rescued these twins when they still had spots, and they remember me.  Every day I go outside and give them some apples.  Sometimes one, (call him "Spike") will actually take it out of my hand.  Kind of fun.  :)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 432
« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2014, 05:17:37 AM »
Outstanding day one , Stu...

We are in day 4 of a 60% rain cycle , in fact they are posting 80% today & 60 % tomorrow.
Once again, it was white out like driving conditions on the Turnpike commute home last night....  ( spray & hard rain )
Testy,  as the Maroons  can't seem to drive in rain. 

RCJ , that Braunschweiger on pumpernickel bread w/  red onion sounds GREAT... have to try that !

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2014, 05:20:32 AM »
Mornin', o'ersleepers.

Still rainin'. Kinda light but steady. Water receded 'in 'bout an hour or so.  Right peaceful.

N'er did get any electrical stuff from the clouds but more'n nuff water ta distribute ta those wantin' ta come get ya some. The pilot (lower case intended) went ta the low places what flood in a drizzle, always have, took pictures 'n run 'em so the masses can see the 'counties' are in dire peril of sea level rise. Readin' o'er 700,000 folks lost power. Went out here long 'nuff ta restart the computers, set all the digital clocks ta blinkin', the FIOS boxes ta reboot 'n the dishwasher ta say it's ready ta run.

Stuff ta do, wet er dry. Not the least of which is menu plannin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2014, 05:35:47 AM »
64 and startin' to get light here ::)

Today the crew comes in to shut down the pool..........YEA!We put the last of the furniture away yesterday, along with the ladders and rails. Did some mowing,too. After we babysit the crew,probably will try to mow some more as long as Ma Nature doesn't interfere ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2014, 06:51:32 AM »
Had harvest moon last night.... If you didn't have clouds to obscure it.

(Not the neil young one)

Thanks for the coffee
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2014, 07:01:30 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 55 and partly sunny. "Partly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. A slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 80. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: September 09, 2014, 07:09:50 AM »
(Not the neil young one)

Hope neil young will remember

Southern Man don't need 'im 'round ennyhow
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: September 09, 2014, 07:27:56 AM »
Hope neil young will remember

Southern Man don't need 'im 'round ennyhow

Saw that comin.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2014, 07:54:19 AM »
I am surprised that Neil Young can remember, as old as he is! It feels like a 2 pot morning, so I am starting a second pot.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #172 on: September 09, 2014, 08:19:46 AM »
He's gonna be up here north of me to sing to stop a pipeline from Canada, doubt he'll walk. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: September 09, 2014, 08:41:59 AM »
Listening to him sing is like listening to a cat squall or fingernails across a chalk board.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2014, 09:30:13 AM »
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2014, 10:38:07 AM »
The second pot of Cawffee is ready for drinking for the late risers this morning.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #176 on: September 09, 2014, 10:39:03 AM »
Mornin Y'all, I'll be going to the sawbones this afternoon for a radio frequency ablation on my lower back.It's supposed to help lower the pain.Wish me luck.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: September 09, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »
Good luck Major.  My cancer docs are talking about the same treatment for my liver tumors.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: September 09, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »
G'luck ta both of ya.

Got word from the skin doc. Gotta go back the 18th for evaluation in prep of takin' more off the nose.

Downpour musta drownt a bunch yestitty. Ain't many out 'n about 'n it's just sprinklin' on 'n off.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2014, 12:40:32 PM »
We could sure use that rain down here!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com