Some new flaps

Started by Graveyard Jack, August 13, 2014, 07:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graveyard Jack

I haven't posted much leatherwork as of late. I've been quietly shipping Threepersons orders without much fanfare.

Nearly a year ago I decided to do a frontier style full flap holster but didn't necessarily want to copy anything in particular. This is the design I came up with and while it draws inspiration from several historical patterns, it's a direct copy of none. I finally got around to finishing it last week, along with the one below. It's fitted for either the 8" Cimarron 1860 Richards Type II and the 7½" 1871-1872 Open Top cartridge model but will also work with 1851/1861/1860 percussion guns.

For something completely different, a customer contacted me about doing a replica of Indiana Jones' holster from Raiders of the Lost Ark. It took a bit of time to come up with a proper pattern but it turned out so well that I decided to make it a standard offering, except with a foldover belt loop and with the stitched toe plug as an extra cost option.

SASS #81,827

Red Cent

There is that old fashioned stuff again but, dang, that is nice work.

Craig that would do nicely for a chest holster holding a 454 Casull or a S&W 500. And they are popular out there. What is the finish? Not the color.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Marshal Will Wingam

Beautiful, Craig. Both look great. I particularly like the Indian Jones holster. Nice job on both.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

TwoWalks Baldridge

When I seen the flap holster and belt, I think I fell in love.  dang she is purty.  :-*
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Graveyard Jack

Quote from: Red Cent on August 14, 2014, 03:38:59 PMWhat is the finish? Not the color.
After dyeing, I hit it with a couple coats of olive oil, rub it down with some gum trag and I've started finishing it with the Tandy professional clear gloss finish. I like it a little better than Bag Cote. Although most of the gloss is from hand buffing.
SASS #81,827

Major 2

those are some kinda nice... The Indy holster would be sweet for a S&W #3

I used to use the Tandy clear gloss finish, I've gone to Skidmore's not so much glossiness but I like it
when planets align...do the deal !

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Great work Craig, this rig looks fantastic, and the flap really adds a little raz-a-ma-daz, well done pard. ::) :o 8) :D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com