Help with a buckle

Started by john beattie, August 12, 2014, 07:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john beattie

Hi Guys
I just bought this buckle to make a belt for a friend and it's the first time i've used one of these im just wanting to know how you fit them, is it as simple as the two prongs just hook into two holes on the belt? do you bend the two prongs over to stop it falling off ? or would they snap off, i know the single prong is for the hole adjustment but all the buckles i've used before have had a metal ring on the back and have been used with a J-Hook.  any help or a photo or two would be very welcome

Take care
john

Camano Ridge

does this help

john beattie

Hi Camano
Thanks for that, thats what i was thinking i would have to do it just seemed like an odd way to attach a buckle, your prongs look like they widen out at the tips to help hold it in place and stop it falling off mine get thinner but i'll make the hole small and get a nice tight fit, thanks for posting
Take care
john  ;)

Camano Ridge

ON yours simply make the holes approx same size as your  posts. make the slit behind the hole to facilitate getting the prongs in place. the difference between the buckles on the one in the picture I sent have barbs or an arrow shaped head to help keep the prongs in place once insrted into the belt. On yours the prongs are closer to the buckle and wants inserted into the belt shouldleep it in place just fine.

Major 2

The buckle CR shows is a lead back the two keeps are arrow shape. once worked in are way tougher to rermove, also I have often tapped them down...

another common design was the puppy foot  the keepers had oval heads to work through the holes ..

It appears your CSA buckle has 1/8" wire rod or perhaps  brass rods keepers.... I believe you can tap these down snug sorta toward the open end ....and Bobs your Uncle.
when planets align...do the deal !

john beattie

Hi
Thanks again Camano the arrow head on yours looks to be a better way to stop it falling off but im sure it will work out thanks for your advice

Hi Major as you say maybe a little tap to bend them over would be a good idea, they seem quite close to the buckle compared to the adjusting prong so hopefully wont need much.

It good to have people that know thank you both again
Take care
john

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com