Why non-members read this forum and why it's important...

Started by Big Hext, October 27, 2005, 02:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky lefty

Howdy Pards,   Was just reading your posts and thought i would put in my 2-cents worth.  This humble pilgrim just mailed my dinero in to become a member of NCOWS have never been to a NCOWS shoot although i am looking foward to it, I am a member of SASS and have been for quite sometime.     My reasons for joining your group is Im tired of all rule changes and arguments related to SASS.    making allowances for race guns and not least of all whenever the posse marshall reads the senario all the winning and complaining.     It is my hope i will not find these kinds things in NCOWS at least not as much as SASS.

Trap

Welcome to NCOWS L.L. I believe you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Wymore Wrangler

Fast horses for sale, Discount for newly minted gold coins, no questions asked....

Irish Dave

Glad to have you join the ranks, Lefty.
Feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do for you.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Dr. Bob

Howdy,

Welcome to NCOWS Lucky Lefty!  I've been a member for less than a year, but every one that I have met has been friendly and more than willing to help me get started.

I have never been to a SASS shoot or one at any of the founding clubs, other than the Nationals.  From the opinions expressed on the NCOWS boards and from visiting with NCOWS members at the shoots that I have attended, I have come to the conclusion that some posses are oriented toward shooting competition, and others are less competitive and more history oriented.  I see no reason that both types can't exist within the mission statement of NCOWS.  Some want only shooting to count in rankings.  Some enjoy adding other things such as an old west history test or clothing documentation.  Since members chose which class that they will compete in, there is room for all!

It is great that NTR is a big club with members who enjoy lots of shooting.  It is also great that KVC is able to hold shoots that are less CAS traditional, but satisfying to our members.  Lots of room around the campfire for all of us.
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com