Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens

Started by litl rooster, July 31, 2014, 09:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks, pards.

We gonna have to have a new well at $6K+.  :(

'Tis 58 and sunny with fog in places. High of 80.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Texas Lawdog

The Cawffee is good this morning. Slim, I wish that well did not cost so much. A lot of humidity around here.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

The Trinity Kid

Hey Tex, maybe you could condense that humidity, and truck it up to Slim. ::)

Mornin' Y'all.

City trips "make like a Hoover with a leak."   I dislike them.

Highs supposed to be up in the 90s, sunny, with scattered clouds.  Shade will be a precious commodity at the college. :-\

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Quote from: litl rooster on August 20, 2014, 07:02:14 AM
Was watching the redemtion chopped last night before i left for work, the ole' cowboy Kent Rollin's i understand got chopped in the final round again. His pocket knife cutting skills are amazing.
I didn't care for the first loser. But the 3 were neck to neck to me.

He beat hisownself. Shame, the, uhhhhhhhh...................... female that won it ain't the cook he is. Her (his?) desert almost inedible. Better ta be bloody lucky than good.

Mebbe the win helped her get her girlfriend back.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Major 2

Yep Slim..that's  about what one cost me .. + $500.00

Old casing was cracked and it was a 2 " well so it couldn't be lined ....

Claimed they had to cap the old one ( fill with Bentonite & cap with concrete ) @ $500 charge.... I asked why ?
they said Florida Law , " TO KEEP SOMEONE OR SOMETHING FROM FALLING IN???

what  ??? , who in the hell's gonna fall down a 2" frick'n' well !  .... I said "I'd cap it" to save $500... nope , Law would not let me ...has to be a licensed installer ....

Florida statute for a well digger's  licence to steal  ::)

when planets align...do the deal !

Lucky Irish Tom

Sounds like and abuse of the code to me Maj2. You would think that there would be an exemption below a certain size unless frogs are a protected species down there.

Slim, that's tough too bad there isn't a less costly solution.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on August 20, 2014, 03:16:57 PM
He beat hisownself. Shame, the, uhhhhhhhh...................... female that won it ain't the cook he is. Her (his?) desert almost inedible. Better ta be bloody lucky than good.

Mebbe the win helped her get her girlfriend back.

They have had a few like that on there. Including one who had a gender recognition issue... But Latino women everywhere are proud of his/ her achievement...seems Food Net. Fully endorce the gay agenda. Just cook i don't give a rats peetute about who they sleep with.

They do have some amazing clean the refridgerator out dishes.

Mathew 5.9

Major 2

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on August 20, 2014, 04:03:46 PM
Sounds like and abuse of the code to me Maj2. You would think that there would be an exemption below a certain size unless frogs are a protected species down there.

Slim, that's tough too bad there isn't a less costly solution.

nope...been known to step on them often  ::)  ;)

Silver Creek Slim

I may have found a less costly solution. Nu-Well. Now I have to see if I can find some locally.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Texas Lawdog

The Cawffee and Hot water are ready to drink. It was another night of pain and no sleep. The humidity has really been high since the rain.

Major 2

" up with the chickens " my own-self.... thanks for the joe... sorry you're hurt'n'  Jim...

Doc prescribed some 2 a day Naproxen 500 MG tab for my shoulders some weeks ago.... its essentially 3 times the strength of Aleve OTC.
I've weened myself to just one in the morning, by the afternoon the shoulders have warmed up enough I get by... but stiffen overnight and ache ....

Texas Lawdog

You know the worst thing about getting old is getting Old!

Arcey

Mornin' fellow infirmary visitors.

Eigh............... Never mind. 32 days 'til fall.

Dermatologist later on. Ain't far from here. That's the best part. Office is right behind a pizza shop. Breeze from the right way makes it even more difficult ta go inta the doc's place. Natural reaction draws one ta the food rather'n the rubbin' alcohol.

Gotta pretty hunk of fish visitin' for evenin' eats. A small tossed salad will prolly join us. Ain't seen an RSVP from a starch yet.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 60 and overcast. "Humid. Periods of thunderstorms. Patchy fog in the morning. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 90 percent."

Slim

Texas Lawdog

Enjoy the rain, Slim. I wish that we could get some more. The Cawffee is good this morning, some breakfast later. Moose is off to school and Victoria are in where it is cool.

Arcey

Quote from: litl rooster on August 20, 2014, 05:19:06 PM
They do have some amazing clean the refridgerator out dishes.

True dat. Ain't seen eye of newt tho.

Ahhh.... The fragrance of xylocaine in the mornin'.

''This'n 'n that'n's nothin' to werry over. We can take the one o'er here off if ya want but it ain't hurtin' nothin' where it is.''

''Now this'n on the nose ain't up ta no good. It's gotta come off there 'n go to the lab. She's gonna stick ya while I go get a knife. Right sure I got one somewhere.''

Oh well. Least ways I feel a l'il vindicated. Weren't in there as a total hypochondriac.

Lucky Irish Tom

Hope they didn't use tha knife they was spreading Peanut Butter with Cuz.

Maj2 hope the Naproxen continues to help.

TLD can't the doctor give you something to help deaden the pain or at least help you sleep?

Slim good luck with the lower cost solution.

Off to the doctor in a couple of hours, my first follow up since the stroke. He'll probably tell me not to eat all the stuff I plan to consume for lunch tomorrow with Arcey, I guess I'll have to half listen to him or I could claim the stroke made me forget his instructions.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Major 2

Roger that !  Arcey..My Doc is right over a NY Deli , the physical therapy gym is permeated with Pastrami , and other wonderful odors.

Thanks LIT, it takes the edge off, tried to go cold turkey this morning, managed to so far....

It not so much the Old Age, Jim....however it is annoying...  what is stiff in the morning ain't what used to be STIFF in the Morning !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com