Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens

Started by litl rooster, July 31, 2014, 09:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

LIT, I hope that you do not have any lasting effects from your stroke. We wanna keep you around a lot longer.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

Tolt me ta walk in Depaul. So I did. Went outside ta burn one 'n couldn't get back in. 'N when I did
get back in the nurse was pissed cuz she didn't know I'd left.

Ennyways..........................

One friggin' miss 'n a stinkin' procedural.................................. RATS! Gonna mess up my string of top 5's.

Had some .38s, thought was CAS mouse fart stuff. No knock downs first stage. Gonna use 'em up. Filled the loaders. First stage. First point. First shot of the day.

'Awright. Range is clear, load it up.'

Did. Holstered. Hands up.

'Shooter ready?

'Yep.'

Beeeeeeeeep. BANG! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weren't CAS stuff. T'was 125 gn. stuff I'd 'warmed up' cuz I got sick of the knockdowns not fallin'. Damn near knocked over the static targets. They're all gone now.

Weather was really nice when we set up. Stayed decent thru four stages 'fore it got warm. Good shoot. Fun buncha folks ta waste a mornin' with.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Major 2

Dang Lit..today seems the day for it,,,I just read what Chuck Burrows is going through, and now yourself.

I keep the knee bent , whilst I speak the Man up stairs... God Bless and keep improving, anybody that dislikes Democrats is all right and no wrong.
when planets align...do the deal !

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

litl rooster

LIT hope doc's can regulate your Blood Pressure for you get you back on track. I certinly wish you a speedy recovery.

Not to wish badluck on him, i didn't realize Chuck Burrows was still among is.

We have had a couple really mild days this week, morning highs in tne upper 50s normal would be 80 at sunrise. Humidity around 60% I can live with it.

Vampire after bragging how good she was took 3 tries to get blood yesterday.  So i screamed 3 times. ThT ought teach her!

Slim all the Slimettes good luck with fair projects.
Mathew 5.9

Four-Eyed Buck

Off loaded 144 gallons of chlorinator( shock) today. That'll hold us for a few months. this afternoon we planted a new light post for a resident. Moved the spot over so the resident can put in some extra drive/parking area.

Had hamburgs and corn on the cob, and a large salad tonight ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Stu Kettle

Had burgers & corn on the cob here too. Neighbor flagged me down & said take some of this corn, it's getting late in the season. Only relieved him of a dozen ears, ain't spending the time & energy to preserve a bunch.

Off to musical practice.  Be home between 9 & 10, kids start school tomorrow.

pony express

"home grown" meal here tonight, deer and fried taters. We all survived the first day of school here, well, actually PRE school.

Stu Kettle

So that's the first first day of school.  The only thing more exciting than that is the last last day of school for your last child.  We've been celebrating that one from a year & a half now.  ;D

pony express

Well, Stu, I'll have to wait about 16 more years for the Last Last........

Up a bit late.

Soooo many tomatoes, can't can them fast enough...

aha! 11:15.... Processing time's over, time to go to bed...

The Trinity Kid

Evening y'all.

Well, I'm officially oriented for junior year.  zip-a-dee-do-dah.  :-\  I'm thinking this year's class is going to be a whole lot more odd than last. ::)

Still no truck, in case y'all were wondering.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

pony express

Major 2

These are the good times TK  :)  they may seem humdrum... but you'll remember... especially your senior year all your life.
There will be adventures and many many memories, but your senior year. that's a milestone.
I am just a coupla years shy of 50 since my senior year  :o  and I remember  :D  ....yeah good times.
here s hope'n' the truck is more dependable, than that hungover cuz  ;)

Taken some PTO ,  I have 144 hours to use before December (that's 3.5 weeks)
I figure to burn 16 today & Monday, and 40 or so when I go out the Texas for the NCOWS SW Regional.
That would still leave 11 days, to find something to do.

Grabbed me some potato balls for dinner , a Cuban culinary delight to go with my Broiled Tilapia Parmesan.
It's kinda like a stuffed meat,  mashed potato ball,  they make a Beef taco like stuffing and the drop them in a fryer...
Terrible for ya I suppose , but so tasty   :-\

Four-Eyed Buck

Why is it that all the stuff that tastes so good is bad for you? ::)

I'll start a pot and some water.

52, high clouds. Gotta sweep the pool, back wash the filters, and mow some today. Keys to the kingdom this weekend ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Texas Lawdog

I have a pot of Cawffee brewed and Hot water. I have got less than 2 years for my 50th HS and my 45th College. I can't attend both, I am leaning toward the College reunion.

Arcey

Mornin'.

52°? Wow, that's nice. 67° o'er this way 'n expectin' mid-eighties.

Got left o'er stuff in the ice box got ta be sumthin' done with.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Major 2

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on August 15, 2014, 05:45:40 AM
Why is it that all the stuff that tastes so good is bad for you? ::)

Frick'n' conspiracy is what it is ....

TLD I doubt I'll go to either ....  :-\  

Lucky Irish Tom

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on August 15, 2014, 05:45:40 AM
Why is it that all the stuff that tastes so good is bad for you?

Because the Democrats run the FDA Buck!

Better day today, BP is running around 116/56 Roo.

No offense Arcey but I wouldn't mind you and the others using up the P's and misses before I get back to OFSDAR.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

litl rooster

Quote from: Lucky Irish Tom on August 15, 2014, 02:26:26 PM
Because the Democrats run the FDA Buck!

Better day today, BP is running around 116/56 Roo.

No offense Arcey but I wouldn't mind you and the others using up the P's and misses before I get back to OFSDAR.

1st you know Arcey and tuff will not cut you any slack with P's or missues.
2nd how'd you get such a low bottom number. I'd be out running if mine was that low.

Mathew 5.9

The Trinity Kid

Hey Y'all.

The truck finally came! ;D  Excitement runs high. ::)

I also got 52 cents in dimes and pennies out of the deal.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com