Cawfee,Tea,(SweeTea) and summertime grub fer JULY

Started by Major E A Sterner, June 30, 2014, 09:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Lawdog

Well said Arcey.  I have a pot ready to go when the first one is empty. We are enjoying more cool weather around here this morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Arcey

My humble thank you, Tex.

Thinkin' the fat lady's got it bad.

Tolt 'er in my daily travels I was goin' ta the feed store ta grab a couple hunks of dried pig parts fer Nash. Ears, a snout maybe.

She sez I don't wanna ferget my other grand dog, Shady. Need ta get sumthin' for 'er.

Could be just me, I guess, but this is the kinda thing I use ta make the dog think he likes the ugly ole long haired fart cuz every time they get tagether there's sumthin' rare, good 'n fun in it. There's a disconnect when Andi gets home, tosses sumthin' ta Shady 'n tells 'er 'it's from yer gran daddy.' Just don't seem ta be the same.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 79 and sunny. High of 81.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

litl rooster

Thanks for the coffee.

Arcey Laughing at your krystal ball analogy- i agree.
You are also right about Shady.
Personally stopped at Wally World on the way back from Trade Day (flea market)
Picked up to substantial rawhide bones (2) appropriate for animals of their size. They are now playing with a very small pine cone one found in the yard.

TK the Good Major(the other Major would probably agree) speaks with great wisdom on the historical weapon on the Anarchist. It kicks more than any other weapon in my safe. That being said, i like it just the same. However a Trans-Am, how do you youngster say it? Uber kewl- Burt Reynolds Cool..

Ya'll stay safe

Rained all night well into the morning. Relaxing rest of day.
Mathew 5.9

Major 2

Righto Roo.... course on the tother hand , I read yesterday NRA News I believe ....
Ruski guns are going to be caught up in a ban, tacked on to sanctions against Putin & Russia over the Ukraine mess.

I been looking at ( for the novelty of it )  a Mosin Nagant pistol that's for cheap... not sure if the prices will go UP like "a blast of air from Howard Stern ass"   ::)

when planets align...do the deal !

litl rooster

Quote from: Major 2 on July 19, 2014, 04:03:37 PM
Righto Roo.... course on the tother hand , I read yesterday NRA News I believe ....
Ruski guns are going to be caught up in a ban, tacked on to sanctions against Putin & Russia over the Ukraine mess.

I been looking at ( for the novelty of it )  a Mosin Nagant pistol that's for cheap... not sure if the prices will go UP like "a blast of air from Howard Stern ass"   ::)

Lol the blast of Howard Sterns gas is like a UN sanction. Loud and obnoxious and no one cares. The MN91/30 and 44's have gone up 25% in the last 2 years. For $200 and you remain in battle for another day. Have a oar for a boat- a skewer for the horse meat- and dog collars:)

Mathew 5.9

Stu Kettle

Quote from: litl rooster on July 19, 2014, 04:15:21 PM
Lol the blast of Howard Sterns gas is like a UN sanction. Loud and obnoxious and no one cares.  ;D

The MN91/30 and 44's have gone up 25% in the last 2 years. For $200 and you remain in battle for another day. Have a oar for a boat- a skewer for the horse meat- and dog collars:)

And, if you need it for battle, or killing meat, or shooting targets for fun or competition, you can count on it to be accurate and dependable.

And, if you take care of it you can hand it down to your grand kids some day and it will serve them just as well for all those things, even cooking the horse meat.

On the other hand, you can count on a trans am (lower case intended) to let you down, most likely when the weather is bad or you are a long way from anywhere, or both.

pony express

M2, those Nagant pistols have already gone up double or more what they were a couple of years ago.

Texas Lawdog

Last year I got a sweet 91 on Gunbroker Auction for $80. I haven't got to shoot it because I have never got around to buying ammo for it. A pistol like Major 2 was talking about.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Four-Eyed Buck

I'll start a pot, no guarantees on taste,though ::)

66, cloudy with some residual fog at the moment. Got my wish, rain hung around most of the day yesterday. Kept the pool closed. Did have to do my rounds in a poncho. ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Major 2

Thanks Buck, goes down pretty good  :)

Had to fix some horse damaged board fencing yesterday, three sides of the paddock and 24 ' of adjoining board fence ... well the girls did , my shoulder still won't work , I supervised  ::)
very frustrating .....

Gee's..... talking to them is like pushing a rope !

Made some Burgers with mushrooms & cheddar, right tasty 
when planets align...do the deal !

pony express

Clear, sunny and sixty four this morning, looks like a good day for the annual "Hawiian Flowerdy Shirt Match" at C.O.W.S. Although it probably won't be so hot today, usually we beat the heat by exchanging the cowboy clothes for tropical for the July match.

litl rooster

Thanks for the coffee

Made a Shrimp Po boy for supper last... Not sure what i will do today

RIP James Gardner
Mathew 5.9

Texas Lawdog

Thanks for the Cawffee. I started a pot for the late risers like me. We are still enjoying the cool weather.

Texas Lawdog

RIP James Garner. he gave us so many wonderful Movies as well as "Maverick" on TV. My uncle knew Mr. Garner, when they raced sportscars in California in the 60s.

Silver Creek Slim

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Another good one gone.  :(

'Tis 68 and partly sunny. High of 84.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Arcey

Mornin', y'all.

Low ta mid eighties comin' 'n o'ercast.

There's sumthin' ta be said fer gettin' an ole jalopy when yer a youngster. Goes a long way towards gainin' experience. Save wear 'n tear on that $125,000.00 Studebaker too.

House was full last evenin'. Me, SiL 'n Nash snuck out front. Discussed the werld's problems. Decided ta recommend puttin' the Stern fella on the front of the Israeli incursion ta blast Hamas outta Gaza.

Me 'n Nash been straightenin' up the kitchen. Dog done eat e'er scrap of left o'er pizza from last evenin'. Licked clean a bowl had ranch dressin' left in it too. Tolt 'im not ta tell Ali. Havin' us a large time.

The Pungo Posse engages inna l'il Hi-why-an action when it gets warm. This is one the handsome posse members torchin' a l'il 2f.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

litl rooster

Mathew 5.9

Arcey

Yeah it was. Maybe an hour 'n a half or so. He's watchin' The Open with the fat lady now. Savin' 'is squirrel chasin' energy.

litl rooster

Quote from: Arcey on July 20, 2014, 10:08:33 AM
Yeah it was. Maybe an hour 'n a half or so. He's watchin' The Open with the fat lady now. Savin' 'is squirrel chasin' energy.

Raina was at vet last monday- weighed 26 pounds full of lice and worms. Just weighed her now at 33 pounds. In 6 days, she has lighter colored (sable) hair coming back in. Still needs treated 3 more weeks. The other girl, Arwyn is gaining and very playful retrieving ball and wrestling sister or heeling me. Starting week 3 and both are doing great. Glad to have them here.
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com